+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4945Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2588716;
    Ooh, what's the local feeling about Julia Roberts?
    Even though I live half a country away from this particular residence of hers, for YEARS I've heard loose rumors that Julia is almost always loathed by neighbors in ALL of the locales she's lived.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2588716;
    Ooh, what's the local feeling about Julia Roberts?
    Hmm, how can I put it. Diva much? Most of the local people she's hired over the years to work for her don't last long, they can only handle just so much diva attitude. For example, she has some flowers that grow on her ranch, and she drove one younger employee to tears once because Julia decided there was one flower too many in the vase of fresh-cut flowers from the garden, so she started yelling at the girl (19 year old local hispanic girl), calling her stupid, saying "I thought you people were supposed to know about gardens and flowers", finally telling her to just get out of her sight. And then she docked something like $5 from the girl's paycheck for taking an unauthorized flower from the garden.

And in town, don't even bother trying to smile at her or greet her, she just folds up her arms, stares straight ahead, and walks past you with her nose in the air. If someone is innocently in her way when she tries to go into a shop or walk over to a certain spot, she doesn't simply say "excuse me" or something similar and ask to pass, you see her lean over and whisper something to the guy who always seems to be with her (apparently an employee, looks like he might be a bodyguard or something), and then the employee tells whoever the offender is to "please step aside for Miss Roberts, make way, please", and when they move, Julia walks past without a word or smile, just stares straight ahead. Mind you, we're not talking about a throng of people blocking her way, such as might be found in a big city. We're talking about a small community of less than 5000 people in the entire community.

There's just a lot of little things she does that makes it clear she feels the locals are beneath her. And so, she isn't exactly a beloved member of the community.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

That's too bad about Julia. I've always liked her, on-screen and off, but I'd be peeved, too, if she treated my local community like that!

Also wanted to comment on that Nicole Ritchie pic a while back - she looks beautiful! That little bit of extra weight really softens her features and makes her ten times more attractive, IMO.
    Last edited by remote_goddess; 09-27-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Addition to post

CCL

That's too bad about Julia Roberts. I could excuse her not wanting to get into conversations with a million people on the street that she doesn't know, but the story about the flowers and the other stuff....not nice.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

In some ways it's nice to know that all the rumours floating around about her behaving with a sense of diva-like entitlement are true. Because it makes things clear. On the other hand, it's terrible it's true because that makes her seem even less desirable.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm glad A lo Julia does herself favors like this. Now, i don't have to be the only one to dislike her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

You're not alone, Amy Lee. Even before I heard about her personality, I couldn't stand her.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2589497;
    In some ways it's nice to know that all the rumours floating around about her behaving with a sense of diva-like entitlement are true. Because it makes things clear. On the other hand, it's terrible it's true because that makes her seem even less desirable.
    Think about it from another angle. Look at the way she totally tossed aside her brother for about a decade. Allegedly they barely tolerate each other these days for the sake of their kids, but that's about it. Eric was a druggie during Julia's youth, and even though he's long since rehabilitated Julia apparently doesn't believe in forgiveness.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I wasn't aware of that Krom. Had no idea her and her brother had a falling out/didn't talk/hardly talk. Interesting to know!

Canadian Angel.... but... it went much deeper than simply "Julia hates him because he had a drug problem and he's rehabilitated so shame on Julia for not forgiving him." Plus, they actually ended their fued a few years ago and they talk today.
    Last edited by Broadway; 09-28-2007 at 08:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread