+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4953Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Sometimes, it's not the Britneys...sometimes, it's the quiet ones. I'm disappointed, as I'm a long-time fan of Kiefer Sutherland.

CTV.ca | Kiefer Sutherland arrested on drunk driving charges

Kiefer Sutherland arrested on drunk driving charges

LOS ANGELES -- Canadian actor Kiefer Sutherland was arrested early Tuesday on misdemeanour drunk driving charges after failing a field sobriety test, police officials said.

The actor was pulled over at about 1:10 a.m. in West Los Angeles after officers spotted him making an illegal U-turn, said Officer Kevin Maiberger.

Sutherland, 40, tested over the state's legal blood alcohol limit of .08 per cent, and was arrested on a misdemeanour charge of driving under the influence, Officer Karen Smith said.

He was released around 4 a.m. after posting $25,000 bail, according to sheriff's department records.

Maiberger said Sutherland was scheduled to appear in court Oct. 16.

Sutherland won a best actor Emmy award last year for his performance on the Fox TV series "24.'' The series is set to return to the air in January.

Sutherland is the son of actor Donald Sutherland and actress Shirley Douglas. His grandfather is Tommy Douglas, the former Saskatchewan premier widely regarded as the father of Canadian medicare.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

LG.

AJane, I just posted a link in the 24 thread too. I've liked Kiefer a long time too, and I don't think this is his first brush with the law when it comes to alcohol.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Indeed, didn't he have a lot of problems with alcohol pre-24? In fact, many thought his career was dead, because of it.

LG.

that's my recollection too, DesertRose, that Kiefer climbed in the bottle around the same time that Julia Roberts left him and ran off with a friend, and he hung out there, looking puffy and taking only "spooky guys" roles for a decade or so.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think his problems even run into the 24 days.... seem to remember some fairly recent stories of drunken Kiefer starting bar fights... or picking up bar hags.. or other sordid details.

I loved his spooky guy roles, though. I particularly liked Freeway. Reese Witherspoon was great in that as well.

I didn't realize his alcohol use was a problem that ran so deep.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm disappointed, i like Keifer and hope that he takes care of himself.

On a different note, im so over this Sara Larson chick. Everytime Clooney is mentioned they sneek her in too even if she has nothing to do with the conversation. I'm not jealous, just annoyed that they wont shut up about her.:nono hotty Clooney.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Saw Clooney on Golden Girls this morning, as a very young man. He looks soooo much better today!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2586237;
    I'm disappointed, i like Keifer and hope that he takes care of himself.
    It's really kind of sad about Kiefer, too, because almost all the stories I've ever heard about his bad behaviour have taken place in Hollywood.

True story: Kiefer has a ranch here in NM, and is quite actively involved in 'cowboying' activities here. And for years, he tries to make it to the Valencia County Sheriff's Rodeo, which is a 20-minute drive from Albuquerque. And when he comes here to his ranch or to be involved in one of the rodeos or local events, we often find him eating at a certain local McDonald's, either alone or with a friend. And without fail, he's always friendly and down-home to people who approach him, even when they're interrupting his meal. (he's not always immediately recognized, though, since he always wears a cowboy hat, jeans, and cowboy-style shirt and is so at home here... like one of the locals) And people here seem to respect that about him (unlike the local feeling about Julia Roberts). And I've never heard a local story about him being drunk or showing bad public behaviour. He always seems very comfortable being here in his cowboy duds, being part of the relatively rural community. Yes, he attends some of the local fiestas and festivals, and yes he's seen drinking beer at some of them -- which is hardly uncommon at those events -- but again, I've never heard any stories about his being drunk at any of them. So it seems Hollywood might be his Kryptonite, and that's sad since locally here he's respected for being an average Joe and a good guy. I also hope he's able to take better care of himself out there.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2586763;
    (unlike the local feeling about Julia Roberts). .
    Ooh, what's the local feeling about Julia Roberts?

I think Kiefer has cleaned up his act quite a bit. There used to be talk in the past of him brawling in bars (if I remember correctly) and I can't recall hearing any of that lately. Hopefully it was a one-off (not to say that drinking and driving is good in any situation, one-off or not).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread