+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5272Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

now he's admitting that yes, he did take some things and that he's been making some phone calls to try and return them. hahahaha he's such a joke.

personally, it's my opinion that he tried to steal some stuff with his autograph on them so that he can hock them himself and make some money.
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 09-16-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Did anyone else see that Macy's commercial during the Oscar pre-show? Making THAT commercial come about must have taken more planning and coordination (not to mention a good deal of money) than almost any other TV commercial I've ever seen.

For those who didn't see it, the conceit of the commercial was that every designer and celebrity who has a "collection" or themed item stocked in Macy's is secretly there before the store opens setting everything up. So Tommy Hilfiger is arranging clothes. Martha Stewart (who apparently has switched allegiances from K-Mart) is endlessly checking every last detail in her area. Donald Trump is busy using a hairdryer for most of the commercial but eventually spends a second checking on a suit and tie combo. Emeril is cooking using his branded pans. Diddy is flirting with a room full of women. Jessica Simpson can't get in the door (because its a pull door instead of a push), and calls Kenneth Cole to help her figure it out (there were probably about three times that number of "names" in the commercial--more actual designers).

EDIT - They just aired it a second time, during the Emmy broadcast itself.
    Last edited by Krom; 09-16-2007 at 09:22 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I cant remember any commercial prior to the Oscar telecast, Krom.

I think this thing with OJ will only get him publicity but wont yield any kind of jail time.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2574759;
    He's been arrested! Shortly after 11AM this morning, OJ Simpson was taken into custody. He faces multiple felony charges to include robbery with a deadly weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery and burglary with a firearm. More charges may follow. OJ claims that no guns were involved, and he was just retrieving items that belonged to him.
    Yeah!!! I just saw it on Yahoo news.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2575246;
    Yeah!!! I just saw it on Yahoo news.
    And he didn't try and run away in a slow-moving SUV this time either!

It really does seem like he keeps company with a group of thugs almost as bad as himself. That seems to be a common theme--OJ hanging around thugs (and being the biggest thug of the group, usually). It was true last time, and still true this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2574996;
    Did anyone else see that Macy's commercial during the Oscar pre-show? Making THAT commercial come about must have taken more planning and coordination (not to mention a good deal of money) than almost any other TV commercial I've ever seen.

For those who didn't see it, the conceit of the commercial was that every designer and celebrity who has a "collection" or themed item stocked in Macy's is secretly there before the store opens setting everything up. So Tommy Hilfiger is arranging clothes. Martha Stewart (who apparently has switched allegiances from K-Mart) is endlessly checking every last detail in her area. Donald Trump is busy using a hairdryer for most of the commercial but eventually spends a second checking on a suit and tie combo. Emeril is cooking using his branded pans. Diddy is flirting with a room full of women. Jessica Simpson can't get in the door (because its a pull door instead of a push), and calls Kenneth Cole to help her figure it out (there were probably about three times that number of "names" in the commercial--more actual designers).

EDIT - They just aired it a second time, during the Emmy broadcast itself.
    They aired it many, many, many a times. I'm guessing they're trying to get their money's worth out of it. I like the commercial because of the sheer grandure of the entire thing. Better than the production quality of the Emmys themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2575319;
    They aired it many, many, many a times. I'm guessing they're trying to get their money's worth out of it. I like the commercial because of the sheer grandure of the entire thing. Better than the production quality of the Emmys themselves.
    I liked that they got all of these people to play on their own well known peccadilloes and image issues. Trump, self-obsessed. Martha, super-anal. Diddy, a smarmy hipster. Jessica Simpleton, too dumb to figure out how to open a door, etc. etc. etc.

If they'd had more time I'm sure we would have seen Emeril being loud (instead of just cooking).

The professional designers came off as better, of course, because I think Macy's wisely sees that mocking them doesn't pay off as much. They were the "straightmen" of the commercial, basically.

Leo
    Premium Member

Hey, look. TSG has OJ's mug shot up already. He's looking good.

Trump, self-obsessed
    Not a stretch by any chance.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2575366;
    I liked that they got all of these people to play on their own well known peccadilloes and image issues. Trump, self-obsessed. Martha, super-anal. Diddy, a smarmy hipster. Jessica Simpleton, too dumb to figure out how to open a door, etc. etc. etc.

If they'd had more time I'm sure we would have seen Emeril being loud (instead of just cooking).

The professional designers came off as better, of course, because I think Macy's wisely sees that mocking them doesn't pay off as much. They were the "straightmen" of the commercial, basically.
    Oh I totally agree. It was great having them play themselves or charactures of themselves. It was one of the better celebrity ads that I've seen in a while.

+ Reply to Thread