+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2573540;
    RE: O.J. . . .

I surely am hoping and praying that --- FINALLY --- what went around is starting to COME around.
    I'm waiting for the book, "I Really Didn't Rob Anyone But If I Did This Is How I Would Do It."
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2574008;
    I'm waiting for the book, "I Really Didn't Rob Anyone But If I Did This Is How I Would Do It."
    That is too good!!! You'd think he'd just be so grateful to NOT be in jail that he'd live out his life quietly and low key...but no...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

That man is such swine.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Maybe, just maybe, he will finally be convicted of something and be locked up for a bit????? Ahhhhh, wishful thinking.....

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2574205;
    Maybe, just maybe, he will finally be convicted of something and be locked up for a bit????? Ahhhhh, wishful thinking.....
    Please, please, please put him in jail and for longer than Paris Hilton.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

LG.

well OJ was locked up after the low-speed white Bronco chase prior to and during his trial, so he's spent more time in jail than Paris, but he deserves much, much more time locked up. Hope he gets it. Hope the Goldmans get lots of money selling off any of the memorabilia they found that "belonged" to OJ. Pond scum!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2574247;
    well OJ was locked up after the low-speed white Bronco chase prior to and during his trial, so he's spent more time in jail than Paris, but he deserves much, much more time locked up. Hope he gets it. Hope the Goldmans get lots of money selling off any of the memorabilia they found that "belonged" to OJ. Pond scum!
    I am having a hard time with the Goldman family wanting this book published - not sure where I stand on that yet. But, I know that I feel very strongly that OJ needs to spend the rest of his days behind bars - preferably dropping the soap! The fact that he has been allowed to claim "poverty" and "bankruptcy" while he lives the good life golfing and sending kids to private schools, all while dodging paying out the judgment against him, just angers me so much. Not that I think the dollars would in any way ease the Goldman's pain (or Nicole's family), but just the fact that he would be "hurt" by his own awful actions.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2574269;
    The fact that he has been allowed to claim "poverty" and "bankruptcy" while he lives the good life golfing and sending kids to private schools, all while dodging paying out the judgment against him, just angers me so much.
    I don't begrudge private school for the children. Nicole would've wanted the best for them. But he shouldn't be allowed to live the good life and claim bankruptcy...

FORT Fogey

I don't believe that OJ has claimed bankruptcy nor poverty. Rather, he's taken the fullest advantage possible of laws Florida has which are intended to protect people from being wiped out by a judgement, but can be horribly abused by people like OJ. Florida law prevents a person's home from being used as an asset that can be liquidated to pay a judgement against them. It also gives protection to pensions and other "already earned" income. On paper, it sounds like a good idea. Consider a working class family who has managed money well enough to survive, but doesn't have much in savings. One member of that family hits some bad luck one day and is part of an accident ruled to be his fault, and is ordered to pay a sum in a civil suit. It'd be quite sad to find the family homeless due to a series of unfortunate events. So their house is kept out of it, and a percentage of the income they earn over a given number of years is used to pay the settlement. But the exact same laws that protect someone like that with all the best of intentions protect OJ as well.

He's been arrested! Shortly after 11AM this morning, OJ Simpson was taken into custody. He faces multiple felony charges to include robbery with a deadly weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery and burglary with a firearm. More charges may follow. OJ claims that no guns were involved, and he was just retrieving items that belonged to him.

+ Reply to Thread