+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4536Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I always figured she was hiding bad teeth.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

For some reason, this is my fave Olsen Twins pic(Love their smoky eyes).
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2560790;
    ... did you see that one of those online rags (tmz or perez) had the audacity to compare Zac Efron to Clay Aiken?!?!?!? As if they look ANYTHING alike. Grrrr...
    actually, i was thinking the same thing ... for me it's more than the floppy hair ... it's the awkward trying to dance thing in the movies... he just reminded me of clay and his awkwardness.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2561760;
    She truly does look like some homeless bag lady/street urchin every time she's photographed. She always looks like she hasn't bathed or washed her hair or clothes in a month. And has she ever been photographed in the past few years without a pack of cigarettes in her hand?

While the Olsen twins aren't what you'd call great beauties, they're far from homely, and if they'd (Mary-Kate more than Ashley) just look like they cared about personal grooming and took care of themselves, and went a more natural look in makeup, bought a hair brush or two and used it, wore clothes that didn't look moth-eaten... well, it would help tremendously. Mary-Kate, honey, you are a multi-millionairess, you can afford a trip to the hair stylist or salon now and then, and you can afford some decent clothes. Open up the wallets, girls, it won't hurt that much, I promise.

And yet they have started two fashion lines (The Row and another one whose name I can't remember) which are aimed at the "fashionistas" out there (ie not the kiddies that most Mary Kate and Ashley stuff is aimed at). Who would be following their fashion advice? And it's not like they can't afford clothes...a lot of stuff they own is expensive, particularly the bags and stuff. It's just how they wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    She apparently took it with her camera phone for Zac... and it got pilfered
    If that's true...well, it was very stupid of her.

I can actually see the resemblance between Zac Efron and Clay Aiken. Mind you, I'm not a fan of either (particularly Zac as he appears to be his own biggest fan).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2561376;
    Amy Lee, Vanessa has nude photos? :nono She's only 18. Sheesh!
    Seems to me, her career is either completely over, or ready to explode with her playing harder edged roles now.

Think about the double standard here though. This Zac kid isn't at any risk, and yet I really doubt she snapped a naked photo for him for laughs, or unwanted by him.

And face it... he's far more likely to have leaked the photo (or at least CAUSED the leak) than her. I mean phones can be broken into pretty easily I guess, but how would anyone know the photo existed? I bet good ol' Zac bragged about it to someone.

So... Disney will drop her. If they are smart they will drop him too, but the potential profits for that High School Musical franchise are probably too huge (heck, that makes me wonder what they will do about the eventual video release of the sequel they apparently just showed on Disney Channel just last month--will they release it and just yank her from every publicity tour and her image from every piece of promotional material?) If SHE'S smart, then she's on the phone to her agent right now and they are coming up with some kind of game plan to get her a role on a decent network TV series--something out of the "kiddie zone" but stable. Or Plan C would be for her to try the Independent Film route, but that would mean some lean years career-wise.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2562294;
    Seems to me, her career is either completely over, or ready to explode with her playing harder edged roles now.
    I don't think it's that serious. I wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy if a seamy picture of me was posted online but i don't think she's done.
    Think about the double standard here though. This Zac kid isn't at any risk, and yet I really doubt she snapped a naked photo for him for laughs, or unwanted by him.

And face it... he's far more likely to have leaked the photo (or at least CAUSED the leak) than her. I mean phones can be broken into pretty easily I guess, but how would anyone know the photo existed? I bet good ol' Zac bragged about it to someone.
    I was thinking that the pictures were taken for him/with him in mind. So, who else besides her would have access to these? him. I want to fit in something about his sexuality being questioned but i don't know how....

So... Disney will drop her. If they are smart they will drop him too, but the potential profits for that High School Musical franchise are probably too huge (heck, that makes me wonder what they will do about the eventual video release of the sequel they apparently just showed on Disney Channel just last month--will they release it and just yank her from every publicity tour and her image from every piece of promotional material?) If SHE'S smart, then she's on the phone to her agent right now and they are coming up with some kind of game plan to get her a role on a decent network TV series--something out of the "kiddie zone" but stable. Or Plan C would be for her to try the Independent Film route, but that would mean some lean years career-wise.

Nope, they're keeping her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Gone are the days when a nude photo of a wannabe or rising starlet was a career sinker. After all, we're living in the days when it's harder to find a starlet who doesn't have a nude photo somewhere, or a sex tape... some even go out and make a sex video (hello, Kim Kardashian) just for the purpose of getting themselves known and in the media. If it weren't for nude photos and sex videos of Paris Hilton, she wouldn't be one of the reigning queens of the paparazzi and media. And she's just one of so many Hollywood names we've all heard due to their sex videos/photos and nude photos, that we probably never would have known their name otherwise, or they'd be on a C-list of celebs somewhere, if that far up. Drugs, train-wreck lives, sex videos, and nude photos -- almost a job description of wannabe/rising starlets these days. And since Paris became so infamous after her sex video, the 'anonymous' releasing of nude photos and/or sex videos by the participants themselves is fast becoming a standard tactic of PR for those who want their names in the media. It's nothing new to today's teenage and early-20ish stars and wannabes, no big deal, just another tool of their trade.

I have no doubt Vanessa herself is responsible for the nude photo being made public... though standard procedure would be for her to deny knowing who's responsible. We're not talking about innocent little naive girls here. And although it's not as common with the boy stars/wannabes, it's not unheard of either, and it's only a matter of time until it becomes more common with them as well.

Sad state of the Hollywood world. Great role models the younger generation has in today's celebs -- Not! But then, what do I know... I'm old enough to remember when a singer actually had to have talent to become a big hit.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2562421;
    Gone are the days when a nude photo of a wannabe or rising starlet was a career sinker. After all, we're living in the days when it's harder to find a starlet who doesn't have a nude photo somewhere, or a sex tape... some even go out and make a sex video (hello, Kim Kardashian) just for the purpose of getting themselves known and in the media. If it weren't for nude photos and sex videos of Paris Hilton, she wouldn't be one of the reigning queens of the paparazzi and media. And she's just one of so many Hollywood names we've all heard due to their sex videos/photos and nude photos, that we probably never would have known their name otherwise, or they'd be on a C-list of celebs somewhere, if that far up. Drugs, train-wreck lives, sex videos, and nude photos -- almost a job description of wannabe/rising starlets these days. And since Paris became so infamous after her sex video, the 'anonymous' releasing of nude photos and/or sex videos by the participants themselves is fast becoming a standard tactic of PR for those who want their names in the media. It's nothing new to today's teenage and early-20ish stars and wannabes, no big deal, just another tool of their trade.

I have no doubt Vanessa herself is responsible for the nude photo being made public... though standard procedure would be for her to deny knowing who's responsible.
    Except her employer is DISNEY and for the past few years, her career has been based on pleasing an audience of pre-teen girls and more importantly their mothers.

Maybe they are keeping her, but they can't be pleased about it. And if her career had been "over" it would have been less about the pictures themselves and more about people not wanting to piss off Disney, combined with the consequences of whatever career decision she made next.

Add to the mix the fact that she's 18. People have double standards and many of them would have applied them.

And if you think about it, a career track change to more adult roles wouldn't be that weird considering that one of her movie credits is the movie "Thirteen", which is a very gritty movie about 13 year olds taking drugs and having sex. I don't recall her actual performance in the movie, but the mere credit by itself is already a doorway into other roles if she really DID want to ditch being Disneyfied for the rest of her career. It seems a bit of a reach that with that movie in her background she'd feel compelled to release naked photos of herself, unless it was some bizarre attempt to get Disney to release her from a contract. And that's just nutty, given that one of the two prime suspects for a photo leaking would HAVE to be her, and if she did it herself I bet that standard Disney contract has all kinds of clauses that could tie her up in court for years, unable to work if they insisted on keeping her under contract but not letting her actually appear in anything.
    Last edited by Krom; 09-08-2007 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2562976;
    Except her employer is DISNEY and for the past few years, her career has been based on pleasing an audience of pre-teen girls and more importantly their mothers.
    Disney is a for-profit studio just as Paramount and others are. Years ago, when Walt was still alive, it might have mattered to Disney if one of their stars did such a thing. Not so anymore -- even Disney recognizes that the release of a nude picture of one of their stable means big bucks. Her 'career' may have been geared to one demographic so far, but just as she grows up, her ambitions grow up. They don't stay with Disney forever, and most chomp at the bit when bound by Disney demographics and break free when they can, and not always with their goody two-shoes image intact -- Britney Spears is a prime example. And if you've ever watched some of the documentaries about the various generations of mousketeers, you'll see that after the first set, many of those cute Mousketeer kids had a lot of adult stuff going on between shooting schedules. Having Disney on your paycheck doesn't mean you're automatically a naive innocent little kid or teen. It means you landed a job there, on the way to your true goal of living la vida Hollywood.

And as for pleasing the mothers of pre-teens... well, that doesn't even matter too much anymore. Pre-teens these days, and teens these days, are not the same as they were 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago. And their mothers are more often than not too busy trying to be best pals with their kids than parent them -- to actually teach them ethics, morals, good sense, respect, and all those other virtues so many lack today. We live in a time when it's rare for families to sit together at the same meal, if they ever do at all -- and in a time when too many mothers and fathers of teens and pre-teens don't even know what their kids are into, whether music, movies, or whatever. And a nude photo from this Vanessa would shock very few of the kids or their mothers. Unfortunate, but that's the way it is today.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Yes, but if she's manipulating things, Disney is also a place which bears grudges. They fully expect their stars to eventually break free, I think, but I bet they want it done as much under their terms as possible.

And the fact that times have changed doesn't alter Disney's core image. Even if they know its a crock, they program with that core image in mind. And the "for profit" motive swings both ways. We live in a country that in some ways is much more conservative than 20 years ago. I mean maybe 40+ years of having a sex film industry, 50+ years of Rock & Roll, 30+ years of cable TV, and such have changed base assumptions, but that doesn't stop letter writing campaigns and threats against advertisers. Even if they don't really have the power to hurt an entity like Disney that much, Disney hates bad press--they'd rather just avoid it than ride it out usually (although this time they've obviously chosen to do just that... probably because H.S. musical is worth a LOT of money).

+ Reply to Thread