+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5278Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

This is what a Swedish paper said about the Bill Murray incident [chosen bits only...]
    Bill Murray was stopped while driving a golf cart, he smelled like alcohol but refused to give a breathalizer test, claiming American legislation. Since he refused he was taken to the police station where a physician drew the blood. They also said that he has confessed and signed a power of attorney in case he was over the limit (0.02 &#37. Had he denied he could have been put in jail until the blood test had been analyzed.

These were the first reports out, two weeks later (on Sep. 3rd) that is the blood had been analyzed and his level was 0.036%, meaning he was well ocer the legal limit, but they hadn't decided if he should be prosecuted.

Here are the links, but, of course, they are in Swedish (and the paper is a semi-tabloid, so they could have taken things out of context for effect)
    (First half Aftonbladet: Filmstjärna greps för rattfylla
    Second half Aftonbladet: Bill Murray talar ut om golfbilsfyllan)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The only problem that I can see with what went on with Bill Murray is that blood alcohols tend to build the longer you delay taking them. It may be hard to prove that he was "legally drunk" at the time of the arrest, unless he pleads guilty. I'm guessing he'll work out a plea deal.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2559287;
    The fact that I can identify with her doesn't make me want her to give any more details about the situation because the details aren't necessary.
    Let's face it--in a celebrity interview, 99% of what they talk about isn't necessary. They usually do them to tout their latest film/CD...so if they're like Keanu Reeves (who I adore, but acknowledge gives incredibly boring interviews), they evade all the personal questions and answer just what they like.

I have no doubt that celebrities lie all the time about their personal lives...sometimes to better their careers/make themselves look better. Sometimes to protect their privacy. Courtney Love (I can't believe I'm quoting her!) made a hilarious (but probably often true) comment about how any actress who says she stays thin just by eating fish and broccoli is lying.

I completely agree with Veruka's post earlier. If you're going to talk about it, talk about it. If you don't want to, continue to say "no comment." It's served her well all these years. People still think she (Kidman) is a wonderful actress and a great mom. When she and Cruise adopted their two children, I always assumed it was because they couldn't have biological children or because she didn't want to slow her career down with a pregnancy. I don't remember reading any interviews with Nicole where the reporter said she refused to answer about not being able to have kids.

And to answer your question, if anyone asked me in an interview if I had a miscarriage, my answer would depend on a lot of things. I think I would be more like Courteney Cox and Brooke Shields who talked about it. But if I didn't want to answer, I just wouldn't answer no matter how much they pressed. I honestly don't think I'd even offer up the tidbit that I did lose a baby if I wasn't prepared for the inevitable followup questions.

And that is the last I will post about Nicole Kidman's Vanity Fair interview 'cause this could go on forever. So unless you ask me about Clay Aiken in your next post, Broadway...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 09-06-2007 at 11:31 AM.

I am having a hard time getting past that picture of Nicole on the cover of Vanity Fair. It is just plain weird! I realize that it ties into the whole "Nicole bares all" thing but, really, I wouldn't want my kids seeing MamaC posed like that on a magazine cover.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2559840;
    I am having a hard time getting past that picture of Nicole on the cover of Vanity Fair. It is just plain weird! I realize that it ties into the whole "Nicole bares all" thing but, really, I wouldn't want my kids seeing MamaC posed like that on a magazine cover.
    At the very least, she could have worn a colored bra -- that ugly white bra on her whiter-than-white skin almost hurt my eyes. If she's supposed to be looking sexy in that pic... um, wear a sexy bra.

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Mary-Kate Olson speaks:

Why Mary-Kate Olsen won't smile

NEW YORK (AP) -- You see a tabloid shot of Mary-Kate Olsen and think, "Why does she look so depressed?" Well, there's a reason for that.

Mary-Kate Olsen generally doesn't look happy in photographs unless it's a red-carpet event or photo shoot.

"I don't want my picture taken," the 21-year-old actress tells Entertainment Weekly magazine. "The only time I think it's OK is at a red-carpet event or a photo shoot.

"So every time I see paparazzi, I cover my face so they don't get a picture, and I'm just 'the mean person who doesn't smile.' "

Olsen, whose waiflike figure has made her a target of media scrutiny, avoids public displays of attention.

"I would love to be able to swim in the ocean in Malibu," she says. "But that is asking for a bikini shot. That's inviting something that I don't want to happen. I don't need to be on a 'Who's Skinny, Who's Fat, Who's Looking Healthy, Who's Not Eating?' list."

After a hiatus from acting, Olsen -- who rose to fame on TV's "Full House" in a shared role with twin sister Ashley -- will portray an alluring Christian girl on Showtime's "Weeds." Her 10-episode arc begins September 17.

She also returns to the big screen in "The Wackness," co-starring Ben Kingsley. The film is slated for release next year.

"There's definitely been times in my life when I just turned to people and said, 'I'm done, this is too much for me, this is too overwhelming,' " Olsen says.

She's in a healthy frame of mind these days.

"Mentally, physically, I feel pretty on top of my game right now," Olsen says. "Talk to me next week, I don't know. Today, I feel good."
    Now, if only she'd buy a hairbrush and wipe a few pounds of that black gunk off from around her eyes....
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

And get some fashion sense, Nem.

Hey LoisLane... did you see that one of those online rags (tmz or perez) had the audacity to compare Zac Efron to Clay Aiken?!?!?!? As if they look ANYTHING alike. Grrrr...
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

it's the floppy hair Broadway.. and I feel kina 'cougar-ish' saying this but I've seen pics of Zac in a bathing suit and Clay shirtless and there is just NO comparison
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2560809;
    it's the floppy hair Broadway.. and I feel kina 'cougar-ish' saying this but I've seen pics of Zac in a bathing suit and Clay shirtless and there is just NO comparison
    Hubba Hubba, indeed! Which is why I wanted to scream bloody murder when they put his pic side by side with Clay Aiken, floppy hair or no.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2560790;
    And get some fashion sense, Nem.
    lol, when I first read this I thought you were talking about my clothes/fashion, Broadway... I was thinking "wha? I thought Broadway was my pal! " *sniffle*

Then I realized you were talking about Mary-Kate.

Uh... you were talking about her, right?

Yeah, of course you were.

Right?

(and I so agree... for someone with that kind of money to have zero fashion sense is unbelievable almost)

+ Reply to Thread