+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4600Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

That whole Nicole Kidman interview makes no sense to me. Is her celebrity stock really dropping enough that she has to resort to such a thing? She emphasizes the importance she puts on keeping personal things personal by ... dropping all sorts of hints about them that beg people to dissect her personal life? I have a lot of respect for celebrities who choose to keep their personal lives personal, and just don't talk about those things. I think that lately, Matt Damon has been doing it incredibly well. But I really can't respect what Nicole is doing here -- "Oh, I don't talk about my private life. Like that one time I was engaged and you didn't know about it? I won't talk about that. Or how about the pregnancy problems I had? I won't talk about that. But someday I might. If you beg enough. And talk about me enough. But it's private, so I'm not saying anything. No, don't ask me, I won't tell. But don't forget what it is I won't tell you about". Whatever Nicole!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Surely, I'm not the last person to know that Shaquille O'Neal was getting a divorce??
    O'Neal Calls Foul on Wife -- Files for Divorce! - TMZ.com

I do believe that I have read that he's been out there doing things that married men should not do, so maybe that's what caused some of these problems??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2558731;
    My guess is that Nicole's secret engagment was to Lenny Kravitz. In fact I think I remember hearing rumors of their engagment while they were dating.
    I think you're right, ACF. I also remember reading those rumors about them, and seem to remember when a photo appeared in the tabloids at one point in the Lenny/Nicole days when she suddenly was wearing a diamond ring on her left hand and there was speculation about whether they were engaged, but Nicole and Lenny kept mum on the subject. This was when they were living together in New York.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Yeah, I could care less if Nicole Kidman was engaged before. But if she wants to educate people and help women who've miscarried/are unable to have children, I wish she'd be more forthright about her miscarriages/fertility issues. Surely it must've been more than one miscarriage for her/Tom to decide that they would not be able to have children together. I remember hearing rumors that she miscarried around the time he served her with divorce papers as well. Not that anyone should feel obligated to talk about their infertility/reproductive issues...but if you're going to offer up the information, then offer it up. Don't just be coy about it. The whole thing seems like a non-interview and falls into the "who cares?" category!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Veruka...I totally agree with what you said about Nicole and her kinda bringing up issues...that's why I originally said it was odd and out of character for her....

Man, what I would give to be engaged (or have a fling) with Lenny Kravitz....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2558837;
    Surely, I'm not the last person to know that Shaquille O'Neal was getting a divorce??
    O'Neal Calls Foul on Wife -- Files for Divorce! - TMZ.com

I do believe that I have read that he's been out there doing things that married men should not do, so maybe that's what caused some of these problems??

I posted that in the Miscellaneous Sports area, too. From the sounds of everything I've read, it seems that Shaunie has been socking away his money in secret bank accounts and real estate and he's just now discovering them. Sounds like someone that's been preparing for a divorce and trying to find a way around the prenup. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by LoisLane
    Yeah, I could care less if Nicole Kidman was engaged before. But if she wants to educate people and help women who've miscarried/are unable to have children, I wish she'd be more forthright about her miscarriages/fertility issues. Surely it must've been more than one miscarriage for her/Tom to decide that they would not be able to have children together. I remember hearing rumors that she miscarried around the time he served her with divorce papers as well. Not that anyone should feel obligated to talk about their infertility/reproductive issues...but if you're going to offer up the information, then offer it up. Don't just be coy about it. The whole thing seems like a non-interview and falls into the "who cares?" category!
    With all due respect, LL, as I know that this is a personal issue for you, but I have to disagree. Why in the world must people who have dealt with issues have to become poster children for that problem???? Why is it not enough for Nicole Kidman to say "I had a miscarriage"? I see no indication in that interview that she wants to try to educate... so why must one simple comment require her to become a spokesperson?

Nicole Kidman was probably asked many questions during that interview and she chose to be a bit more forthright than normal. She's been damned for staying silent and stoic for so long, and now she's being damned for not saying enough. What a shame.
    Last edited by Broadway; 09-05-2007 at 08:40 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2559067;
    With all due respect, LL, as I know that this is a personal issue for you, but I have to disagree.
    What? You disagree with me?!! That's OK...

I haven't read the Vanity Fair article so I'm going by what's been posted and the quotes I've read at the People website. You're right--she never said she was an educator. Those were my words I projected on her. But it just sounded like a non interview. I don't damn her for not having talked much about her personal life. Frankly, that's preferable to her jumping up and down on a couch professing her love for Katie Holmes, I mean Keith Urban...But if you're going to open up, then open up. Don't say:
    "There's a complicated background to that, given that I never speak much about many things. One day maybe that story will be told."
    Just tell the freaking story later if you want to. Until then, there's no need to offer a tidbit you clearly don't feel comfortable discussing now.

Swedish police took a blood test after he refused a breath test. He could face drunken driving charges, though a Stockholm police official has said fines were more likely than a prison sentence.
    Geez. Why would he refuse a breath test? Was he hoping his intoxication was marginal enough that his BAC level would go down before they could get a court order?

And I guess they don't NEED a court order to take blood there. Strange.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I was wondering that, too. It's legal to take his blood but not legal to perform a breathalizer test without his permission?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2559110;
    What? You disagree with me?!! That's OK...

I haven't read the Vanity Fair article so I'm going by what's been posted and the quotes I've read at the People website. You're right--she never said she was an educator. Those were my words I projected on her. But it just sounded like a non interview. I don't damn her for not having talked much about her personal life. Frankly, that's preferable to her jumping up and down on a couch professing her love for Katie Holmes, I mean Keith Urban...But if you're going to open up, then open up. Don't say:

Just tell the freaking story later if you want to. Until then, there's no need to offer a tidbit you clearly don't feel comfortable discussing now.
    If a newspaper reporter asked you if you had a miscarriage, would you say 1) I'd rather not answer, 2) yes and leave it at that, or 3) would you go into complete detail about it? She's been doing #1 for over 10 years now.. I would think it would be a reasonable thing to expect that someone would finally progress to #2.

I actually like that she's being a bit more open about her life... makes her seem more human and emotional. And if the full article doesn't give any more specifics about her miscarriage I'll still be perfectly happy. The fact that I can identify with her doesn't make me want her to give any more details about the situation because the details aren't necessary.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread