+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031711215211021 ... LastLast
Like Tree3910Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    On a much lighter note, Jason Alexander will take a role on "Everybody Hates Chris" next season.]
    This should be great. I love this show!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Shanna Moakler and Travis Barker have announced they are getting a divorce. Are we surprised?
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    No, id read some rumors about this.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

..Shanna Moakler and Travis Barker are getting a divorce.
    Who? These people can't be A-listers. Or even B?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Man, there must be some sort of curse over semi-celebrities getting their own MTV reality show. First Jessica and Nick, then Carmen and Dave, and now Shanna and Travis. (misskitty, they're the stars of a reality show called Meet the Barkers. He's a musician and she's a former pageant queen, as I recall - she might have been Miss America, but I could confuse her with someone else. I can't even recall the name of his band, I just know it's not my cup of tea.) Granted, since 90% of all celebrity marriages end in divorce, I shouldn't be surprised, but it's odd.

Moving on to a different, equally original subject: Can you believe how skeletal Kate Bosworth looks these days? I saw some recent photographs of her in a British celebrity mag, and I was shocked. There was a paparazzi shot of Nicole Richie next to hers, and I kid you not, Nicole almost looked chubby next to Kate. According to the same tabloid (I know, I should read some Dostoyevsky or something... but British tabloids are the only English language magazines I can get in Spain ), Kate is approximately 6 stone, which is about 90 lbs. Of course, celebrities getting dangerously thin is about as rare as celebrities getting a divorce, but it will never cease to bother and enrage me that grown-up, beautiful women feel the need to literally shrink themselves into oblivion.

To illustrate my point:

She looked even worse when she was on Letterman promoting Superman Returns a while ago, but I couldn't find any pictures.
    Last edited by geek the girl; 08-09-2006 at 05:12 AM.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Man, there must be some sort of curse over semi-celebrities getting their own MTV reality show. First Jessica and Nick, then Carmen and Dave, and now Shanna and Travis. (misskitty, they're the stars of a reality show called Meet the Barkers. He's a musician and she's a former pageant queen, as I recall - she might have been Miss America, but I could confuse her with someone else. I can't even recall the name of his band, I just know it's not my cup of tea.) Granted, since 90% of all celebrity marriages end in divorce, I shouldn't be surprised, but it's odd.
    I guess as long as the money is rolling in, it is easier to overlook things you normally would mind. The image I have of Jessica Simpson is that of Newlyweds, she could very well have been putting on an act for show, but I know I would not stand her being like that all the time. I could have been easier for Nick if he knew that her antics made people watch and therefore at least get money.

Of course all I know is what I watch on TV, which might be very far from the truth, but still, it's all I know.

FORT Newbie
    Moving on to a different, equally original subject: Can you believe how skeletal Kate Bosworth looks these days? I saw some recent photographs of her in a British celebrity mag, and I was shocked.
    Me too. Her hair also appears to be thinning and duller-looking. Isn't that a sign of an eating disorder?

Sad, really. She is a cute girl.

IMDB has pics of her when Kate Bosworth arrives at Letterman. She is skinny...
    http://imdb.com/name/nm0098378/photogallery-granitz-0

Can you believe how skeletal Kate Bosworth looks these days? I saw some recent photographs of her in a British celebrity mag, and I was shocked. There was a paparazzi shot of Nicole Richie next to hers, and I kid you not, Nicole almost looked chubby next to Kate. According to the same tabloid (I know, I should read some Dostoyevsky or something... but British tabloids are the only English language magazines I can get in Spain ), Kate is approximately 6 stone, which is about 90 lbs. Of course, celebrities getting dangerously thin is about as rare as celebrities getting a divorce, but it will never cease to bother and enrage me that grown-up, beautiful women feel the need to literally shrink themselves into oblivion.
    One of the saddest (as in pathetic) parts of this is, the damned tabloids are partially responsible for driving these actresses to this extreme, along with the studios and the general public. You know, they print a picture of some celebrity or another who has a bit of a bulge in their t-shirt in the photo and it's "oooh, so-and-so's pregnant. She's not? Then OMG, look how fat she's getting". And the producers tell the perfectly healthy (not to mention good-looking as they are) television actresses that they must, they must, they must lose everything south of their bust. And the public? Oh lord, the public. I've been watching Big Brother and have been reading commentaries on Janelle's enormity. Are people insane? And really, what is it to them anyway? It's not their body, so why do they care so much.

Anyway, I have enormous amounts of respect for the actresses with an "I'm fine the way I am" attitude and more people need to get on board with this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

That dress didn't even fit her well because there was nothing to fill it out I remember back in Blue Crsh days, Mr Nerd thought her body was "slammin" Now he just calls her a bobblehead with this revolted look on his face.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread