+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4586Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Nemeses, I remember Brian from the Family Ties show, and the tradition continues.

Steve Fossett may not qualify as a 'celebrity,' but nonetheless, he's quite the adventurer who holds several solo titles - first person to fly a balloon solo around the world and in 2005 achieved the first solo non-stop flight around the world in the Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer aircraft. He grew up down the street from me and his mother and my mother were very good friends. He was a really great kid (even in his teens ) and his family were terrific neighbors. I just heard this on CNN and am hoping for the best, but it doesn't sound good.

US adventurer Steve Fossett missing
    8:45AM Wednesday September 05, 2007

Billionaire adventurer Steve Fossett is missing after taking off in Nevada in a light plane.

RENO - US adventurer Steve Fossett, who made record-breaking solo flights around the world by plane and balloon, is missing after taking off in Nevada in a small plane, aviation authorities said.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said Fossett, who has visited New Zealand several times to attempt various gliding records in Central Otago, was reported missing on Monday night after taking off from a ranch in a single engine aircraft in the morning.

The FAA said the millionaire did not file a flight plan, nor was one required. It said Fossett, 63, had not been in communication with air traffic controllers and no distress signal had been received.

"It's rough, mountainous terrain there, there are not a lot of roads out there, rocky; picture if you will Afghanistan," Commander Douglas Russell of the Naval Air Station, Fallon, Nevada told Reuters.

The Navy had dispatched a helicopter to help in the search alongside the Civil Air Patrol.

Fossett spokesman Stuart Radnofsky said Fossett had been visiting the Flying M Ranch owned by Barron Hilton, which he described as a popular sport flying centre.

Fossett, who earned his fortune as a financial trader, in 2002 became the first person to fly a balloon solo around the world and in 2005 achieved the first solo non-stop flight around the world in the Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer aircraft.

Last year Fossett flew solo in the GlobalFlyer to set the absolute non-stop distance record for any aircraft and set a new glider world altitude record with co-pilot Einar Enevoldson.

Fossett has also competed in endurance competitions, swam the English Channel and set numerous world records in sailing.

Ron Kaplan, executive director of the National Aviation Hall of Fame in Dayton, Ohio, which enshrined Fossett in May, said Fossett was not a daredevil. Rather, Fossett was a careful aviator who took advantage of advances in aviation technology to chase records.

"He never seems to stop looking for the next challenge," Kaplan told Reuters. "He harkens back to the golden age of flight between the world wars when there was a multitude of records to be broken because of advances in technology."
    US adventurer Steve Fossett missing - 05 Sep 2007 - NZ Herald: World / International News
    Last edited by roseskid; 09-04-2007 at 07:15 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Yes, Steve's story is big news here in NM also, since he's such a big part of the community here, due to his hot air, and gas, ballooning interests, and this is the home of the International Balloon Festival. The news isn't sounding promising so far, but we know Steve has pulled out of tough situations before in almost miraculous ways, so along with others, I'm hoping for the best.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Bill Murray making the CNN news now, except it sounds more like a scene from one of his movies.

Bill Murray: I was just giving folks rides home

VENICE, Italy (AP) -- Nobody worry about me, says Bill Murray. He was just dropping off people after a party when he was stopped in downtown Stockholm driving a golf cart.

Golf-cart driver Bill Murray said he was "stopping and dropping people off on the way like a bus."

The police "asked me to come over and they assumed that I was drunk and I explained to them that I was a golfer," Murray told reporters Monday at the Venice Film Festival, where he appeared before the premiere of his new film "The Darjeeling Limited."

The actor-comedian, who was among the early cast members on NBC's "Saturday Night Live" and was nominated for an Oscar for 2003's "Lost in Translation," said he was in Stockholm last month to play in a pro-am golf tournament, and hitched a ride to a post-event party in a golf cart.

When no one wanted to drive home, he volunteered.

"I ended up stopping and dropping people off on the way like a bus. I had about six people in the thing and I dropped them off one at a time and as the last couple were getting out, who wished to be dropped off at a 7-Eleven. ... I didn't know they had 7-Elevens in Stockholm," said Murray, who turns 57 on September 21.

That's where police called him over.

Swedish police took a blood test after he refused a breath test. He could face drunken driving charges, though a Stockholm police official has said fines were more likely than a prison sentence.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

What the heck guys and ladies, I'm without internet for a few days and I come back to find out Halle Berry is actually pregnant this time?! When did that happen? .

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2558230;
    What the heck guys and ladies, I'm without internet for a few days and I come back to find out Halle Berry is actually pregnant this time?! When did that happen? .
    WOW! I see your post canadian_angel and that was the first I heard about it...
    Here's what I found...

Baby News

Access Exclusive: Halle Berry Confirms Pregnancy To Nancy O'Dell
    LOS ANGELES, Calif. (September 4, 2007) – Halle Berry is pregnant, she confirmed exclusively to Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell.

The 41-year-old actress revealed the news in an e-mail to Nancy on Tuesday that she is three months pregnant with boyfriend Gabriel Aubry’s baby.

“Yes, I am three months pregnant! Gabriel and I are beyond excited, and I’ve waited a long time for this moment in life. Now the next seven months will be the longest of my life!” she wrote to Nancy. “Can’t wait to see you and give you a squeeze and see a pic of your little sweetie. Until then, you heard it from ME first!”

Upon hearing the news, Nancy was elated for her good friend.

“I am beyond ecstatic for my friend Halle! I told her she is about to embark on the best time of her life! She is such a sweet person...so genuine...and therefore, will make an incredible mom. And can you imagine how gorgeous this baby is gonna be! Halle sent me the most adorable bunch of clothes for my new baby...I can’t wait to do the same for her,” Nancy said.

Over the years, Halle has made no secret about her desire for a family. Back in April, Nancy and Halle sat down for a candid talk about Halle’s plans for kids.

“Not that there’s not more to accomplish, but I think I arrived at a point in life that I realized I needed more to get me up in the morning. More than going to a new movie set. Or as much fun as getting the star was yesterday, I need something even more profound than that and that’s family. And that’s children,” Halle said. ” I need that like the air to breathe these days and I’m ready. I’m at a point where I’m really, really ready.”

Halle and Gabriel met in November 2005.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I am thrilled to death for her!! I'm a big fan of Halle's so I'm happy for her! :baby
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I feel better! I wasn't the last to know and it seems like it's still official, but not widely circulated yet. I think it's great for her and him as well.

Spidey Gets Hitched

Actor Tobey Maguire Weds in Hawaii
    Published: 9/5/07, 3:05 AM EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Actor Tobey Maguire and Jennifer Meyer, with whom he has a baby girl, were married during a ceremony in Hawaii, his publicist confirmed Tuesday.

The couple wed Monday, publicist Kelly Bush confirmed.

Maguire, 32, and Meyer have been together since 2003. They got engaged last year and have a daughter, Ruby, who was born in November.

Meyer is the daughter of Ron Meyer, president and chief operating officer of Universal Studios.

Maguire, best known for the "Spider-Man" series, also has starred in such films as "Seabiscuit" and "Wonder Boys."

Link Here

Kidman Was Secretly Engaged Post-Cruise
    Tue Sep 04, 9:10 PM ET

Nicole Kidman says she was engaged to a mystery man in between breaking up with Tom Cruise and marrying Keith Urban. "I didn't really want a relationship," the 40-year-old actress says. "I just wanted my kids to have me, and I didn't feel comfortable having some person in that small hubbub."

"And then I got engaged to somebody ... but it just wasn't right," she continues in Vanity Fair magazine's October issue, on newsstands Sept. 11. "I wasn't ready. We weren't ready."

Details, please.

"I get engaged and I get married that's my thing," she says, declining to reveal her former fiance's identity. "I don't want to date. I'm interested in a very, very deep connection."

Kidman and Cruise divorced in 2001 after 10 years of marriage. They have two adopted children, Isabella, 14, and Connor, 12; Cruise has a 1-year-old daughter, Suri, with actress-wife Katie Holmes.

Kidman, who married country singer Urban in June 2006, says she has no regrets when it comes to her marriage to Cruise.

"My agents told me, `Once you become Mrs. Tom Cruise, you do know your career is going to die,'" says Kidman, who won an Oscar for her portrayal of Virginia Woolf in 2002's "The Hours."

"I was appalled," she says. "I was like, `Hello? I'm in love, and I don't care if it's shooting myself in the foot. I'd much rather be married and have a family.'"

The couple "lost a baby early on, so that was really very traumatic," she says. "And that's when it came that we would adopt Bella."

Cryptically, she adds: "There's a complicated background to that, given that I never speak much about many things. One day maybe that story will be told."

Kidman hopes to have a baby with Urban.

"I'm yearning to have one," she says. "I think I would be very sad if I wasn't able to have a baby. Keith knows I want one, and he has been getting there slowly."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Odd interview....but I guess I find it odd because she's usually so reserved and not revealing personal details about her life and in this one little blip of a interview I've found out she was secretly engaged in between Tom and Keith, she confirmed a miscarriage and maybe Keith isn't quite ready to have a baby.

I've read other excerpts from this Vanity Fair interview and she seems to open up moreso than usual..........her kids prefer LA to Australia, they are being raised in the Scientology faith, etc.

Last edited by bbnbama; 09-05-2007 at 04:12 AM.

PittsburghTrib.com
    Sep 5, 10:30 AM EDT
    Jude Law arrested for alleged attack

LONDON (AP) -- Police arrested Jude Law for allegedly attacking a photographer outside his London home, British media reported Wednesday.

The 34-year-old actor allegedly tried to grab the photographer's camera during the incident on Tuesday, Britain's Press Association said. He was released on bail and must return to a London police station in October.

Law's publicist was not immediately available for comment.

Police would not directly confirm the report, but said a 34-year-old man from Law's neighborhood was arrested on suspicion of causing bodily harm. Police added the man voluntarily went to a police station for questioning.

Law recently returned from the Venice Film Festival where he was promoting the remake of the movie "Sleuth," in which he co-stars with Michael Caine.

My guess is that Nicole's secret engagment was to Lenny Kravitz. In fact I think I remember hearing rumors of their engagment while they were dating.

I'm happy for Halle Berry. She hasn't had the best of luck with relationships. I hope this one works out and that the baby is healthy.

+ Reply to Thread