+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4626Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Am I missing it, or has this not been posted yet? If the story is true, it just goes to show you can't read some people - he always looks so carefree. Some are saying his breakup with Kate Hudson hit him hard.

Owen Wilson in Suicide Attempt?
    August 27, 2007 03:25pm

HOLLYWOOD star Owen Wilson has been rushed to hospital after cutting his wrists and taking a lot of pills during a suicide attempt at his Santa Monica house, according to the National Enquirer and Star Magazine.

The report claims that he was discovered by a family member who summoned help.

Police and an ambulance responded to a 911 call from Owen's house around noon on Sunday and witnesses claims that his wrist was sutured and bandaged at the hospital.

Gossip website TMZ released this statement from Santa Monica Police:

"On Sunday Aug. 26. 2007 at 12.10pm officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department at the 900 block of 23rd Street.

The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated." TMZ has learned the 911 call came in at 11.59am to the L.A. Fire Department.

National Enquirer editor-in-chief David Perel tells gossip website PerezHilton.com:

“Owen Wilson has now been transferred from St. John’s to another Los Angeles area hospital. His brothers Andrew and Luke are with him.

“Andrew found him after the suicide attempt and called an ambulance. Both of Owen’s wrists were slashed superficially and Owen had taken an overdose of pills.

“Owen was found with a nearly empty bottle of pills next to him. He was at his house in Santa Monica.”

Wilson is in a stable condition.
    Owen Wilson in suicide attempt? | NEWS.com.au Entertainment
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

It was posted up above a few posts, roseskid, but still newsworthy. Don't know about the Kate Hudson thing though, since she and him both have said it was his idea to split up, he wasn't ready to commit to just one girl, they said. But who knows? It was indeed not someone I'd ever have thought about on hearing 'celeb suicide' attempt, if that's what it was.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2548526;
    Yes, it seems lil Nicky is quite the terror on the streets. E! was reporting that since getting his driver's license just last year (!), he's had 3-4 speeding tickets, including doing 115 mph in 70 mph zone, 57mph in a 30 mph zone, and 106 mph in a 70 mph zone. TMZ also has the same report, showing a copy of his driving record. Could this have come as a surprise to his family? Doesn't sound like it.
    Okay at what point in Florida do you lose your license for multiple speeding citations? I have to tell you from knowledge of PA laws, he would be walking for 4 or 5 months here in the Keystone State. And is there anything like a junior license in Florida...because Nick would definitely be car-less by now. My daughter was in a wreck w/ others and she lost her license and got sued, but I'm sure that Hulk wouldn't let Nicky learn the hard way
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2548526;
    Yes, it seems lil Nicky is quite the terror on the streets. E! was reporting that since getting his driver's license just last year (!), he's had 3-4 speeding tickets, including doing 115 mph in 70 mph zone, 57mph in a 30 mph zone, and 106 mph in a 70 mph zone. TMZ also has the same report, showing a copy of his driving record. Could this have come as a surprise to his family? Doesn't sound like it.
    That makes it even worse. It's also a case of he wasn't ever seriously hurt or hurt enough to learn from these incidents so others are paying for his reckless behaviour. Disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2548531;
    It was posted up above a few posts, roseskid, but still newsworthy. Don't know about the Kate Hudson thing though, since she and him both have said it was his idea to split up, he wasn't ready to commit to just one girl, they said. But who knows? It was indeed not someone I'd ever have thought about on hearing 'celeb suicide' attempt, if that's what it was.
    Everything I've heard has indicated a suicide attempt in conjunction with a possible drug addiction. (Though in this horrible hollywood town, a suicide is much more workable because that's a serious condition rather than all the addictionn battles). There's a clip of Samuel L Jackson trying to go see him. The way he tells the paps to "F" off is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2548531;
    Hmm, I still don't see where someone had posted about Owen's hospitalization, but maybe I'm simply blinded by love because I think he's adorable. Anyway, I hope he gets the help and treatment he obviously needs, if these rumors are true.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Post #2037, roseskid. It's just the title, and perhaps you don't recognize him by his nickname... The Butterscotch Stallion.

I adore him, too... most of his characters at least. He's just so adorably charming that you can't help but. I was very shocked when I heard that it was a suicide attempt. Quite out of the public character that you think you see.

Next thing you know someone will be telling me that Karl Rove had attempted suicide.

Aha! Thanks, Broadway, that'll teach me to search under a given name. How could I not have known his nickname - it's perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2548505;
    Nick wasn't in critical condition, but his friend is. This makes me SO mad, because Nick was apparently drag racing when he crashed.
    He's also been ticketed for going 85 in a 45 at 10 in the morning less than two weeks ago!!!
    He's damn lucky he wasn't hurt worse, but what about his friend?? I'm more mad at Nick for being so stupid.
    Okay, now the even more tragic part that I heard on the radio this morning: Nick's friend is apparently in the military and had JUST returned from a lengthy tour of duty in Iraq.

Apparently people are flooding his myspace page with well wishes, but he has the decency and integrity to tell them that any well wishes and prayers need to be going out to his friend John, as John's prognosis is apparently NOT good. They're not expecting him to make it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2550188;
    Apparently people are flooding his myspace page with well wishes, but he has the decency and integrity to tell them that any well wishes and prayers need to be going out to his friend John, as John's prognosis is apparently NOT good. They're not expecting him to make it.
    I read a quote from the young man's grandmother who said that it was horrible that he returned from Iraq to have this happen in a place where they all thought he'd be safe.

I don't mean to sound insensitive and hope that's not how these questions come across. It's just stuff that popped into my head... Is John a family friend? Usually guys in their mid-20's aren't friends with 17 year olds. It just seems like an odd combination. Also, does anyone think that John's family will sue the Hogan family if he passes away? I'm glad Nick is OK. I just feel really horrible about his friend.

I heard on CNN that Owen Wilson had been battling heroin/cocaine addiction.

Legitimate questions, Lois. I would think that in the celebrity world age goes out the window and that it's not too atypical to have a wide age range of friends.

And I'm sure that Nick is not only going to be sued if his friend passes away, but he'll also be charged with vehicular manslaughter. Or... should be. Maybe he'll only get sentenced to 24 hours in jail. That's fair, right?

+ Reply to Thread