+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4626Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I hate to say this, but I think it may be true they're not be shown preferential treatment. I was on a jury for a three-strike drug dealer, and we found him guilty of many counts. I went back at least three times, maybe four (it kept getting delayed) to see what his sentence would be, so I watched probably about 30 defendents get sentenced while waiting. What an eye-opener that was. One after the other, bam, bam, bam, their sentences were reduced from felonies to misdemeanors, from six-month sentences to serving one day, etc. It's a sad state of affairs. I also learned when someone gets 10 years for something, you can figure they'll serve 1/3 of the sentence because of over-crowding and/or good behavior while incarcerated (don't get me started). It's frightening and depressing all at the same time.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

yep ... and i heard on the news that nicole was able to choose whether to appear at county or city jail, and she chose the one that is ALWAYS the most crowded, knowing full well that she woudln't be there long.

i'm sure the ink on the intake paperwork wasn't even dry when they started the discharge paperwork.

what a freaking waste....

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2546294;
    yep ... and i heard on the news that nicole was able to choose whether to appear at county or city jail, and she chose the one that is ALWAYS the most crowded, knowing full well that she woudln't be there long.
    In all honesty, I'd do the same thing and I'm sure most would also.

Okay. I have a lot to say about this whole thing. So bear with me.
    I am sick and tired of this preferential treatment these stars are getting! Let's start with the most recent offense, Nicole Ritchie:
    Nicole gets "sentenced" to 4 days behind bars. 4 DAYS?????? That's just outrageous. Now if any of you watched Access Hollywood, they did a time line of the day she was supposed to go to jail. In the morning, she and her boyfriend took her dogs to the vet. While she was in the vet's office, he went to McDonald's and got some food. Then they made a pit stop at his house for something before finally making it to the jailhouse (or whatever) for Nicole to be processed. She spent 82 MINUTES in processing and then they sent her on her way. She didn't even see the inside of a cell. WTH is that all about?! "Oh, the jail is too crowded." Then send her to one that's not for crying out loud.
    Okay, now for Paris Hilton. First time behind bars, she was there, what, 2 days before she had a "meltdown" ala a 5 year old who doesn't want to be dropped off at her first day of school? So they let her out and then bring her back in a day later. She was supposed to serve 45 days and she served 23. That's 1/2 of her sentence. She's probably the best of the 3. At least she served 1/2 of her sentence.
    Now for Lindsay Lohan. 2nd offense DUI. She serves 1 DAY! I don't know how the laws are in CA but I know in MA, if any of us had committed a second offense DUI, we'd be facing a lot harsher punishment than that. In some cases, it's up to 2 years in jail! Not 1 Day! Her father was quoted as saying "I'm glad they saw that it's long term rehab she needs and not long term incarceration." BS! The rehab can come after the jail sentence.
    All 3 of these stars got a simple slap on the wrist and it's an outrage.
    You have Nicole Ritchie who, IMO, wouldn't even have stardom right now if she wasn't Lional Ritchie's daughter (by adoption). Then there's Paris Hilton. The only reason she's famous is because she's an heiress to a hotel fortune! The only one who's really famous by her own merit is Lindsay. I wouldn't call her the best actress in the world but at least she didn't get there because of famous parents or grandparents. (At least not that I know of. I don't know who her mom or her grandparents are.)
    Theses stars need to be taught that just because you are rich and famous does NOT make you above the law! They should be subject to the same punishments as anyone else when crimes are committed.
    Now that I've had my say, I think I will move to Hollywood, get famous, get busted for a DUI and serve a day in jail. Ta-ta!
    Okay, rant over.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 08-27-2007 at 10:08 AM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2547466;
    Now that I've had my say, I think I will move to Hollywood, get famous, get busted for a DUI and serve a day in jail. Ta-ta!
    Okay, rant over.
    Wait, nilesgirl! You forgot to include the most important thing of all in your plan. Don't forget to include your luxury vacation in a rehab center, where you can have your own personal chef create 3 meals a day customized to your very own preferred diet and wants, your own personal and exclusive masseuse, a lovely swimming pool, media room, and state-of-the-art workout room. And of course, you can come and go for shopping and drinks with pals in the revolving door program, and sleep in your own private luxurious bedroom suite. And if you enjoy the lastest in Hollywood fashion accessories, stop by the gift shop as you leave and you too can pick out your very own removeable electronic ankle monitoring device -- get a couple of colors, so you can match your outfits, since they're removeable at will. Oh, and be sure to sign up for the Rehab Repeat Customer program, so you can call ahead and have your favorite master bedroom suite reserved in advance, with linens of your color choice already on the beds, and so your personal chef can stock up on those special treats you love so much.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

That's great Nemeses. Love it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Wow. Hope he gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2547466;
    Okay. I have a lot to say about this whole thing. So bear with me.
    I am sick and tired of this preferential treatment these stars are getting!
    Unfortunately I am not sure they are getting preferential treatment. It's happening in jails all over the country. We live in middle America and the jail is overcrowded so often those that are considered to not be a danger (and lets face it, even occasionally those that are) get out quite quickly, just going through the booking process. There is simply not enough room to house them, especially keeping in mind the safety of the guards that frequently are understaffed and thrown into a large population.

MrC used to work in a jail and I'd rather let someone out than overcrowd it to the point that an already dangerous job is made more dangerous. (And that's not mentioning that overcrowding often would go against the human rights the prisoners have.) There is unfortunately not enough space or enough money to pay to house all the people that need to be housed.

That doesn't mean we don't have the right to dislike it, but I just wanted to offer a different perspective than the idea that they are getting preferential treatment. They very well may be, but most likely not.--well the Paris thing leaving in the middle of the night likely was but 1/2 time is definitely common, as is Nicole's book and release.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2546294;

i'm sure the ink on the intake paperwork wasn't even dry when they started the discharge paperwork.

what a freaking waste....
    This is exactly what i'd been wondering about. I mean, of all the jails, she ends up at that one? Gee, i wonder why....
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread