+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5255Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2537443;
    I will also believe it when I see it.

But how awesome it would be to see a huge star actually go on a show like Celebrity Big Brother. I've just only started watching Big Brother UK over the internet (and let me tell you, I really like it), but I have read about past seasons of Big Brother UK and Celebrity Big Brother. The biggest person to ever go on CBB is probably Dennis Rodman (but of course, CBB is a show in the UK, so I have no clue how big the British stars that go on the show are). So it would be a change to see Paris Hilton, an actual A-lister, go on the show.
    It won't happen. British tabloids are infamous for simply making stuff like this up with totally no basis. This sounds exactly like that kind of thing.

Paris considers herself to be American royalty. She wouldn't go on anyone else's crappy reality show other than her own.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Well Tom Brady's officially a daddy. Bridget had the baby. Wonder if this'll turn into a Matt Leinhart situation.

Bridget Moynahan welcomed a baby boy on Wednesday in Los Angeles. "Mother and baby are doing well," her publicist, Christina Papadopoulos, tells PEOPLE.

The actress, 36, announced in February that she was expecting her first child with her ex-boyfriend, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, 30.

The couple split in December after a three-year relationship.

During her fifth month, Moynahan talked to Martha Stewart about becoming a mom, saying: "I'm a little nervous, 'cause I haven't done it before."

On Monday, Brady called impending fatherhood "a very joyous, happy situation."
    It was also reported (though not by People) that Tom was present.

Hmm, is it just me, or does everytime Lohan open her mouth, her words come out in comic book speak-bubbles over her head?

Lohan charged with DUI, drug possession

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Lindsay Lohan escaped felony charges Thursday when prosecutors filed seven misdemeanor counts against her stemming from two drunken-driving arrests.

Lindsay Lohan is charged with seven misdemeanor counts in connection with two recent arrests.

The district attorney charged the 21-year-old actress with two counts each of driving under the influence, driving with a blood-alcohol level above .08 percent and being under the influence of cocaine and one count of reckless driving.

Police found cocaine on Lohan during the arrests on May 26 in Beverly Hills and July 24 in Santa Monica. In each incident, the amounts tested were below the .05 grams required for felony charges, according to the district attorney's office.

Each of Lohan's arrests were followed by trips to rehab.

Lohan's arraignment was scheduled for Friday but a conference with a Los Angeles Superior Court judge in Beverly Hills was set for later Thursday. A disposition on the charges could be reached during the hearing, according to Deputy District Attorney Danette Meyers.

Lohan's publicist did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment about the charges.

Lohan crashed her Mercedes Benz into a tree on Sunset Boulevard in May and fled the scene to seek medical treatment. Police tests revealed that a white powder found in Lohan's purse was .04 grams of cocaine.

Lohan checked into the posh Promises rehabilitation facility in Malibu after the incident. She left the facility July 13 after six weeks of treatment. She was photographed wearing an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet after her release.

Lohan was arrested again on July 24 following a 911 call by Michelle Peck, the mother of Lohan's former personal assistant. Peck told police she was being chased by an SUV. Police later said Lohan was the driver.

Lohan's blood-alcohol level was between 0.12 and 0.13 percent when police found her, officials said. Police also found a white powder in her pocket that was determined to be .02 grams of cocaine.

After the incident, Lohan said in an e-mail to a host for the celebrity-news show "Access Hollywood" that she was "innocent" and the drugs found in her pocket during a pre-booking search were not hers.

She has reportedly been in a Sundance, Utah, rehab center in recent weeks.

A woman who was a passenger in Michelle Peck's vehicle sued the actress this month for assault and negligence.

Tracie Rice's suit seeks unspecified damages and payment of medical and other expenses related to emotional distress.

Lohan started 2007 in rehab at the Wonderland Center in Los Angeles.

"I was growing up and going out a lot, and I needed to have a balance," she told Elle magazine during an interview in May, just days before her first DUI arrest. "I was glad I went, because I needed to get away from everyone and I didn't know how to do that. And I learned a lot there."

Lohan's latest film, "I Know Who Killed Me," opened in July to lackluster response.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Well Nicole served her jail sentence, which ended up being 82 minutes. So with her sentence of 82 minutes, and Lohan likely facing minimal time, if any at all (any actually spent in jail that is), Paris must be pretty choked she had to spend all that time in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2543361;
    Well Nicole served her jail sentence, which ended up being 82 minutes. So with her sentence of 82 minutes, and Lohan likely facing minimal time, if any at all (any actually spent in jail that is), Paris must be pretty choked she had to spend all that time in prison.
    Pretty soon, LA County may as well just implement a Drive-Thru window for celeb sentences and/or punishment by law. By the time they enter the drive-thru lane and inch forward to the order window, they'll have served their time.

As an added benefit, let's make that Celeb Sentencing Drive-Thru next to a liquor store/drug store drive-thru window, so they can drive from the completed sentence window to the 'Grey Goose Vodka' and 'Oxycodone' windows and get high driving a vehicle all before they even get to the street entrance. These are celebs, they have very busy lives, we NEED to make this part of their lifestyle as convenient as possible, right? Right?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

What's absolutely insane in all of this is, while all three committed fairly similar acts (driving under the influence), Lindsay Lohan's offenses were repeated and also involved accidents... and she got the smallest sentence of the three! Nicole Richie's sentence was 4 days and she served 82 minutes. Lindsay Lohan's sentence is 24 hours.... what will she serve?

It's enough to make one feel sorry for Paris.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2545095;
    It's enough to make one feel sorry for Paris.
    Aaah, blasphamy!

It's very much a showing of preferrential treatment for celebs though. So sickening.

The thing that gets me is that the prosecutor can say straight-faced on television that these celebutards did NOT receive any special treatment, that anyone facing these same charges would have received the same amount of time in jail. Blaming it all on overcrowding!

I say "yeah, right" to all of that! I doubt very much that Jane Q. Public would serve an 82 minute sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2545087;
    What's absolutely insane in all of this is, while all three committed fairly similar acts (driving under the influence), Lindsay Lohan's offenses were repeated and also involved accidents... and she got the smallest sentence of the three! Nicole Richie's sentence was 4 days and she served 82 minutes. Lindsay Lohan's sentence is 24 hours.... what will she serve?

She wont, she'll just send a carbon copy of herself, like a proxy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread