+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4946Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2524508;
    What a relief to realize we're talking about his hand/finger. You can imagine what appendage I was imagining that got caught, and I was thinking wow, Drew's sure spicing up TPIR!
    I was right there with you roseskid on imagining what appendage they were talking about!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2524834;
    i watched both wheel of fortune and jeopardy tonight, expecting at least some kind of memorial message for merv griffin and didn't see anything. i know the shows are taped ahead of time, but they still could have added something to the credits while they were rolling, y'know?
    I agree, even though they were reruns of reruns, they could have still easily put in a moment or memorial for Merv Griffin at the beginning or end of the shows.

Passenger sues Lohan over car caper

It was only a matter of time and who, but someone finally has decided to sue Lohan for her antics in that car chase last month.

Passenger sues Lohan over car caper

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Lindsay Lohan was sued Tuesday for assault and negligence by a woman who was a passenger in a car the actress is accused of chasing while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
    Lohan

Lindsay Lohan is facing a career crisis after her late-July behavior.

Lohan "put me through one of the most frightening experiences of my life," Tracie Rice said in a statement after the lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

"What Miss Lohan did that night was extremely dangerous and reprehensible. Someone could easily have been killed or seriously hurt because of her irresponsible decisions that evening," Rice said.

The lawsuit also alleges intentional infliction of emotional distress. It seeks unspecified damages and also payment of medical and other expenses related to emotional distress.

An e-mail sent to Lohan's publicist and a telephone message left for her attorney weren't immediately returned.

Lohan, 21, was arrested for investigation of misdemeanor driving under the influence and with a suspended license and felony cocaine possession after last month's pre-dawn chase that ended in Santa Monica.

The lawsuit doesn't provide a reason for the chase. However, two men who claim they were unwilling passengers in the car driven by Lohan have said she was upset with the daughter of Michelle Peck.

Peck was driving the vehicle carrying Rice.

Rice "was convinced that their lives were in danger and that they had to outrun the pursuing car or they might be killed," the lawsuit said.

Peck finally drove through a barricade and into the parking lot at the Santa Monica Civic Center next to police headquarters and the sport utility vehicle followed, the lawsuit said.

Rice got out and ran toward police officers and saw a woman, who turned out to be Lohan, run from the SUV toward her, she contended.

"Police officers approached all of them with guns drawn," the lawsuit said.

Lohan was arrested a short time later.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Newbie

Lindsay Lohan is a train wreck. She actually has some talent when she shows up to the set and does what she's supposed to. She's hot but a total mess. I wish I had enough talent to make movies. She's flushing her career down the pooper.

Over in the UK, they do a celebrity version of their Big Brother. They call, what else, Celebrity Big Brother. It's already going into its 6th season.

Well, rumor has it that Paris Hilton will be on the 6th season. I rememeber reading something that she'll go into the CBB house to show the public the real her.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2535553;
    Over in the UK, they do a celebrity version of their Big Brother. They call, what else, Celebrity Big Brother. It's already going into its 6th season.

Well, rumor has it that Paris Hilton will be on the 6th season. I rememeber reading something that she'll go into the CBB house to show the public the real her.
    Well, I don't watch Big Brother, so have no idea what the show is about or it's reason for existence, but as for this: "Paris Hilton ........ she'll go into the CBB house to show the public the real her."

All I can say is too many punch lines for that, too little time. The...real...Paris...Hilton...
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2535782;
    Well, I don't watch Big Brother, so have no idea what the show is about or it's reason for existence, but as for this: "Paris Hilton ........ she'll go into the CBB house to show the public the real her."

All I can say is too many punch lines for that, too little time. The...real...Paris...Hilton...
    Well our version of Big Brother is different than the UK's version. In our version, contestants live in a house for a couple of weeks, and during their course, they compete against each other for rewards like food, HOH (Head of Household), and the POV (Power of Veto). Then in the end, two contestants are left, and the jury (which is made up of 7 evicted contestants) votes for who they want to win. Whoever has the most votes wins the whole game.

In the UK, the contestants also live in a house. But instead of competing against each other, each week, they nominate two other contestants to be up for nomination. The people who get the most nominations at the end are up for nomination. The public then votes for which nominated housemate they want to be evicted from the house, and whoever gets the most votes at the end is evicted. There are 4 to 6 people in the end (depends on how much contestants there are), and instead of nominations and voting for who they want to be evicted, the public votes for who they want to win. Whoever gets the most votes wins.

I hope that helps.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2536980;
    Well our version of Big Brother is different than the UK's version. In our version, contestants live in a house for a couple of weeks, and during their course, they compete against each other for rewards like food, HOH (Head of Household), and the POV (Power of Veto). Then in the end, two contestants are left, and the jury (which is made up of 7 evicted contestants) votes for who they want to win. Whoever has the most votes wins the whole game.

In the UK, the contestants also live in a house. But instead of competing against each other, each week, they nominate two other contestants to be up for nomination. The people who get the most nominations at the end are up for nomination. The public then votes for which nominated housemate they want to be evicted from the house, and whoever gets the most votes at the end is evicted. There are 4 to 6 people in the end (depends on how much contestants there are), and instead of nominations and voting for who they want to be evicted, the public votes for who they want to win. Whoever gets the most votes wins.

I hope that helps.
    Thanks, CrossingGuard

No offense to the fans of the show, but it really does sound exactly like the type of show I hate -- like Survivor, which I also stopped watching after 15 minutes way back when and am glad I did. After hearing that great description of the show, it's hard to picture Paris Hilton putting herself in that kind of situation unless she was top diva guaranteed. I think that's one of those rumors that I'll believe only when it happens (but I also wouldn't put anything past the Hilton airhead)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2537437;
    Thanks, CrossingGuard

No offense to the fans of the show, but it really does sound exactly like the type of show I hate -- like Survivor, which I also stopped watching after 15 minutes way back when and am glad I did. After hearing that great description of the show, it's hard to picture Paris Hilton putting herself in that kind of situation unless she was top diva guaranteed. I think that's one of those rumors that I'll believe only when it happens (but I also wouldn't put anything past the Hilton airhead)
    I will also believe it when I see it.

But how awesome it would be to see a huge star actually go on a show like Celebrity Big Brother. I've just only started watching Big Brother UK over the internet (and let me tell you, I really like it), but I have read about past seasons of Big Brother UK and Celebrity Big Brother. The biggest person to ever go on CBB is probably Dennis Rodman (but of course, CBB is a show in the UK, so I have no clue how big the British stars that go on the show are). So it would be a change to see Paris Hilton, an actual A-lister, go on the show.

I think the best show Paris could put together and be on is one starring herself and her great-uncle Prince von Pervert (assuming she can catch him when he's not handcuffed naked to his car's steering wheel ). Then bring in Howard K. Stern (Anna's lawyer, not the radio idiot) as her love interest, and Larry King as her valet, and then we can start talking shows for Paris.

+ Reply to Thread