+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5064Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2500613;
    If it is for real - If Joel is that good of a guy, is able to support her and help her to turn herself around, and the two of them together can be great (or even good) parents, then I hope (but don't expect) that People, Us, OK, E! News Daily, etc will celebrate them for making good happen in their lives. It would be a GREAT lesson to Britney, Lindsay, Paris and the others in Hollywood like them to say "We celebrate and give respect to anyone like Nicole who can change her ways and become a good citizen". Come to think of it, it woudl be an even better lesson for teenage girls who are looking to all of those women to figure out what they want to be like.
    The biggest favor this guy could do Nicole would be to make sure she never comes in contact with those "friends" of hers again. Its a corrosive lifestyle, which seems to corrupt anyone weak willed who comes in contact with it.

This is the same "advice" I thought Britney should be following. Move away from Hollywood. Quit "the business". Go buy a nice farmhouse in the country somewhere and raise your damn kids. Never attend a Hollywood party again, don't visit any place which people refer to as "chic", where you are bound to be handed ecstasy or coke to use if you get up to go pee, go get a life and forget about being "famous", because you have enough damn money!

It wouldn't work for Paris, who's known nothing else, but it would for Britney. Nicole might fall somewhere between those two--like Paris she's been brought up as nothing but a rich party girl, but I always got the sense it didn't fit her quite as well.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2500723;
    The biggest favor this guy could do Nicole would be to make sure she never comes in contact with those "friends" of hers again. Its a corrosive lifestyle, which seems to corrupt anyone weak willed who comes in contact with it.

This is the same "advice" I thought Britney should be following. Move away from Hollywood. Quit "the business". Go buy a nice farmhouse in the country somewhere and raise your damn kids. Never attend a Hollywood party again, don't visit any place which people refer to as "chic", where you are bound to be handed ecstasy or coke to use if you get up to go pee, go get a life and forget about being "famous", because you have enough damn money!

It wouldn't work for Paris, who's known nothing else, but it would for Britney. Nicole might fall somewhere between those two--like Paris she's been brought up as nothing but a rich party girl, but I always got the sense it didn't fit her quite as well.

I agree with what you've said, but I think that the real problem lies there as well. I think that in the case of Britney, Paris, and perhaps Lindsay as well, their addiction to fame and attention is even greater than their addiction to drugs and alcohol.

FORT Fanatic

Agreed it seems every time it gets dull with Brittany or Lindsay they do something even more outrageous to get attention.
    Nicole learned a lesson from the Paris debacle and for the most part she at least sounds more grounded than Paris. She can fake it at the very least that she knows how to speak with out using all the urban venacular and that maybe she has an original thought in her head.
    Accountability is a sign of maturity. While in the lime light some with Paris, Nicole never seemed to crave that attention. She got it but didn't respond to it as much. After all why is she even famous? She isn't an actor or singer or anything really so just like Paris it seems so silly to photo these girls.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl;2500398;
    D'OH! My first attempt at spreading gossip and it's already an established fact. I'd better stick to books.
    Don't worry, it's nice seeing people in this thread( yeah i look forward to it).
    Besides, lots of stuff going around. Eddie Murphy is scum. Lane Garrison will be going from Prison Break to a real prison and Dadi Duchovny is fired up about a new show, Californication and talking about TXF 2 movie and the script he might already have in hand(This one had better come to fruition).

At least Nicole seems to be admitting to her issues with her weight and substance abuse now, so I'm hoping things will turn out okay for both her and the baby.
    Or it could be just more lip service. I mean seriously, she gets to sit with Diane Sawyer to talk? What does this girl do again?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2502743;
    Don't worry, it's nice seeing people in this thread( yeah i look forward to it).
    Besides, lots of stuff going around. Eddie Murphy is scum. Lane Garrison will be going from Prison Break to a real prison and Dadi Duchovny is fired up about a new show, Californication and talking about TXF 2 movie and the script he might already have in hand(This one had better come to fruition).
    To be perfectly honest, I've grown a bit cynical when it comes to the X-Files movie. I'm a huuuge X-Filesfan (also known as an X-Phile ) and have been gushing about FTF2 ever since the show was cancelled. Is there an actual script? Is Gillian on board? Don't get me wrong, nobody would be happier than yours truly if the movie actually was made, but David has been talking about how the second X-Files movie is in the making for years. Also, he appears to be a lot more enthusiastic about anything X-Files than Gillian. Even back in the good old days, he seemed more invested in the show, had a much better grasp at the mythology and seemed to genuinely love the show. Gillian has done some amazing work in the UK and I'm afraid she'll be reluctant to return overseas.

Is Californication supposed to be any good by the way? I'll watch it religiously just because it's the Duchov. I've got a big ol' fat crush on the Duchov, dating back to the early 90's. Actually, I just saw him dressed up in drag in Twin Peaks earlier this morning. (Episodes of Twin Peaks or X-Files is a key part of my 6 am to 7 am rituals.) His comical timing is priceless, so I think Californication could be funny.
    Last edited by geek the girl; 08-03-2007 at 04:02 AM.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl;2502982;
    To be perfectly honest, I've grown a bit cynical when it comes to the X-Files movie. I'm a huuuge X-Filesfan (also known as an X-Phile ) and have been gushing about FTF2 ever since the show was cancelled. Is there an actual script? Is Gillian on board? Don't get me wrong, nobody would be happier than yours truly if the movie actually was made, but David has been talking about how the second X-Files movie is in the making for years. Also, he appears to be a lot more enthusiastic about anything X-Files than Gillian. Even back in the good old days, he seemed more invested in the show, had a much better grasp at the mythology and seemed to genuinely love the show. Gillian has done some amazing work in the UK and I'm afraid she'll be reluctant to return overseas.

I love that DD is super anthusiastic and devout as to always bring it to light every time he has a project coming out. This time it sounds more concrete and it better be. Both D&G are supposedly signed up and i believe Gilly has mentioned it in some interviews, maybe when she was promoting The Last king.

Duchovny: 'X-Files 2' Script Coming This Week

This news may sound a little familiar: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson may be close to reteaming with Chris Carter on a second "X-Files" feature film.

Since "The X-Files" went off the air in 2002, Duchovny has been regularly answering questions about doing a sequel to the 1998 "X-Files" film and in recent years he's regularly told reporters that a sequel was on its way. And that, again, is what members of the Television Critics Association were told on Saturday (July 14) at a press tour panel for Duchovny's new Showtime comedy "Californication."

Asked about the "X-Files" sequel, Duchovny gave the short answer, "Yeah. I'm supposed to see a script next week."

Duchovny: 'X-Files 2' Script Coming This Week - Handler: I can't say if I've been contacted about the 'Sex and the City' film - Zap2it
    The article is 2 weeks old but music to my ears nonetheless.

Is Californication supposed to be any good by the way? I'll watch it religiously just because it's the Duchov. I've got a big ol' fat crush on the Duchov, dating back to the early 90's. Actually, I just saw him dressed up in drag in Twin Peaks earlier this morning. (Episodes of Twin Peaks or X-Files is a key part of my 6 am to 7 am rituals.) His comical timing is priceless, so I think Californication could be funny.
    I don't care if it's good or if it's tripe. David is in it and that's all i need. However, i do believe the reviews are positive.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Wow, two days without Paris, Nicole, Lindsay, or Brittney news. They must have actually had a quiet weekend

Your wish is my command, ACF.

I just had to post this because of the headline on Comcast is Lindsey's Location Is A Mystery. Not here in Utah, it is all over the news that she is at a rehab facility in Sundance.

ENTERTAINMENT - Comcast.net

Locating Lindsay Lohan

Mon Aug 6, 8:08 AM
    Locating Lindsay Lohan

There's no place like home for Lindsay Lohan—well, except maybe for rehab.

According to various published reports, the troubled actress is currently either holed up at her mother's house on Long Island or in rehab at the posh Cirque Lodge in Sundance, Utah.

Her rep isn't talking when it comes to Lohan's location, though she confirmed the starlet is receiving "medical treatment."

"It would be counterproductive to the medical treatment she's receiving to release Lindsay's whereabouts at this time," Leslie Sloane Zelnik told Us Weekly.

The New York Post reported that Lohan flew first class to New York late Friday, accompanied by her kid sister, Ali. From there, she supposedly headed to Dina Lohan's home in Merrick, Long Island, where she was said to be in the care of her mom, grandmother and three siblings.

"She's doing well," Dina told the paper Saturday, without specifying her eldest daughter's whereabouts.

However, according to Entertainment Tonight and The Insider, the 21-year-old star traveled to Utah over the weekend and checked into the Cirque Lodge, where a 30-day stay reportedly runs a minimum of $30,000.

If Lohan has indeed reentered rehab, it will be her third stint this year, after prior stays at Los Angeles' Wonderland Center and Promises Malibu Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Treatment Facility.

Following her first DUI arrest over Memorial Day weekend, the actress completed a 46-day stay at Promises, checking out on July 13. Less than two weeks after leaving the facility, she was arrested for DUI again and found to be in possession of cocaine.

In the wake of the more recent arrest, Lohan's attorney, Blair Berk, said her client had "relapsed" and was receiving "medical care."

Lohan was released on $25,000 bail and ordered to appear in court Aug. 24.

Until then, it appears she's trying to keep a low profile…for a change.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Here is something non-twits related. I couldn't get it to quote right, so I am sorry if I broke any rules.

Keith Richards: 'I DID snort my dad's ashes'

08/06/2007 3:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
    courtesy of NME.com

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has confirmed that he did snort his father's ashes, as he told NME.com earlier this year.

Richards originally claimed he was misquoted, after his publicists attempted to quash the story.

Richards, who last weekend claimed he would live to the age of 150, revealed that although he did snort his father, he did not mix his ashes with cocaine, as his previous NME.com quote implied.

"The cocaine bit was rubbish," he said. "I said I chopped him up like cocaine, not with.

"I pulled the lid off [my father's urn] and out comes a bit of dad on the dining room table," Richards continued. "I'm going, 'I can't use the brush and dustpan for this.

"What I found out is that ingesting your ancestors is a very respectable way of...y'know, he went down a treat."

You can read the original world-exclusive Richards interview on NME.com now.

There just aren't words for how wrong that seems. Dude is truly fried.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread