+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930701205201020 ... LastLast
Like Tree4586Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Liz Hurley says she'll marry boyfriend

Here's a change of topic...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14134707/
    Wedding date is ‘very close, ’ says actress, who's planning another child

Updated: 10:27 a.m. ET Aug 1, 2006

ROME - Elizabeth Hurley says she plans to marry her boyfriend, Indian businessman Arun Nayer, very soon.

“I can’t tell you the exact date, but it is very close,” the 41-year-old actress-model is quoted as saying in the Italian edition of Vanity Fair magazine. The couple have been dating since 2003.

Hurley, who has a 4-year-old son, Damian, with film producer Steve Bing, added: “We are also thinking of having a child.”

She has appeared in “Bedazzled” and the “Austin Powers” movies. For several years she was the international face of Estee Lauder cosmetics.

Asked about how she’d feel as a married woman, Hurley said, “I’ll tell you once I am married.

“But I’ve lived with Hugh Grant for 13 years; we were like husband and wife. I don’t think there will be much difference.”

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Asked about how she’d feel as a married woman, Hurley said, “I’ll tell you once I am married.

“But I’ve lived with Hugh Grant for 13 years; we were like husband and wife. I don’t think there will be much difference.”
    Well, except, perhaps, her husband may not pick up prostitutes. Maybe.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Well, except, perhaps, her husband may not pick up prostitutes. Maybe.
    I think just last year he was still married.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a much lighter note, Jason Alexander will take a role on "Everybody Hates Chris" next season.

Alexander ("Seinfeld," "Listen Up") is set to play the principal of Corleone Junior High on two episodes of the sitcom and will direct a third, series producer CBS Paramount Network Television said Thursday. Air dates have yet to be announced.

I like Jason Alexander. He's great.
    http://channels.aol.ca/entertainment...04071709990005
    Last edited by Mantenna; 08-08-2006 at 02:48 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

'Skating' Star Kristy Swanson Expecting

August 7, 2006

KRISTY SWANSON, best known for playing the title role in the big screen version of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer,' is expecting a baby with her "Skating with Celebrities" partner, ice-skating champ LLOYD EISLER. The couple met as partners on the reality TV competition, which they later won.

This will be the first child for Swanson and the third for Eisler.

Eisler, a two-time Olympic bronze medal winner, has two children: SETH, 8 months, and ETHAN, 2.

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/15392/
    Last edited by Mantenna; 08-08-2006 at 02:56 PM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    KRISTY SWANSON, best known for playing the title role in the big screen version of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer,' is expecting a baby with her "Skating with Celebrities" partner, ice-skating champ LLOYD EISLER.
    Ugh. This news makes me want to vomit.

Melanie Griffith flamed for mother-daughter puffing

She smoked when she was pregnant?

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/hotgossip?GT1=7701

Melanie Smoked Out
    Griffith flamed for mother-daughter puffing

August 7, 2006
    Melanie Griffith is taking heat for blowing smoke with her teenage offspring. Last week outside a Beverly Hills boutique, paparazzi snapped the actress, 48, cigarette dangling from her lips, lighting a nicotine stick for a young woman identified as her 16-year-old daughter, Dakota (dad is Don Johnson).

Given that you can't toss a spent butt these days without hitting an antismoking warning, it's not surprising that Melanie's not-so-maternal gesture has earned her a stern rebuke from the American Lung Association.

"I feel sorry for Ms. Griffith's inability to rid herself of this potentially fatal addiction but find it most reprehensible that she would facilitate her daughter's addiction," Dr. Norman Edelman, chief medical officer of the ALA, told MSN Entertainment when we contacted the organization for comment. "I am surprised by the bland public response. How would the public react to a photo of Ms. Griffith sharing a line of coke with her daughter? Lighting her cigarette is equivalent from a moral and health impact point of view."

According to Dr. Edelman, "Cigarette smoking is the major cause of preventable death in the US, killing about 450,000 Americans each year," and adds, "Virtually all people who die due to this addiction have been hooked in their teens or pre-teens."

Griffith's publicist did not respond to our request for comment on the smoking snaps.

This isn't the first time Melanie has been called out for her tobacco jones. Back in 1996, she faced sharp criticism after she was photographed puffing away while pregnant with daughter Stella (dad is husband Antonio Banderas).

And in July 2005, the New York Post claimed wardrobe staffers at a photo shoot to plug Griffith's WB sitcom "Twins" were fuming over her ever-present cigarette, an incident that purportedly prompted producers to ask her to refrain from smoking on the set.

Just how much are cigarettes a part of Melanie's life? The actress, a rehab grad who has repeatedly tried to nix her nicotine habit, once showed In Style a picture of Banderas exhaling smoke while she breathed it in.

"Like the smoke in the picture," the actor wrote on the back of the photo, "I would like to give you my soul."

Griffith, meanwhile, raised eyebrows in 2000 when she told the New York Daily News, "I have said to my children, 'If anyone comes up to you with pot or any drugs, please tell me first. If you feel like you have to do it, I would rather you do it with me than with somebody else.'" Still, she added, "I would rather they not even try it."

Two years later, she admitted her plan didn't work with son Alexander (dad is Steven Bauer).

"I said that if my son wanted to smoke pot, I would smoke it with him. I did -- and it backfired," she was quoted as telling More magazine. "My thinking was that it would be better for him to do it at home than to go out in the street and get something that would kill him. I thought it was a good idea, but ultimately, it wasn't."

I've moved all the Mel Gibson discussion into its own thread, since it had completely possessed this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    I've moved all the Mel Gibson discussion into its own thread, since it had completely possessed this thread.
    Thanks Manny and Amanda!

FORT Newbie
    Katie Says She Feels "Ripped Off"
    Posted Aug 8th 2006 1:43PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: TV, Features
    http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/08/katie-...ls-ripped-off/

Katie Couric says she still reels from the loss of her husband eight years ago, but feels lucky to have a "sorority house" at home to help get her through the tough times.

In an interview with Parade magazine that appears this Sunday, Couric says that she's "doing great" and that her daughters -- Ellie, 14, and Carrie, 9 -- are "thriving." And yet, says the soon-to-be anchor of the CBS Evening News, "when I see a father walking down the street with a little girl and holding her hand, my feeling of loss is palpable. I'm so envious. We were ripped off. I was ripped off, and that's all there is to it."

Even though she doesn't currently have a significant other, Couric tells Parade's Jacquelyn Mitchard that she has "a very full social life." But she admits that a little romance would be nice. "I would love to be married or in a really solid, committed relationship. I'd love that now. But [the right guy] just hasn't materialized."

And she realizes that sooner rather than later she'll have to introduce Ellie and Carrie to the world of men, given her distaff-heavy household. "I've started to think that it's important for my girls to realize there are some really nice, wonderful men out there, because we live in a bit of a sorority house here," says Couric. "Everyone in our house is female. Even the guinea pig is female."
    Last edited by Amanda; 08-08-2006 at 04:13 PM. Reason: added link :)

+ Reply to Thread