+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 1138 FirstFirst 123456789101112521025021002 ... LastLast
Like Tree4945Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

PWS, since it went off the air, the Biggest Loser forum is now here.

Oceans 12 was an abomination, imo. I thought 11 was charming, and I'll admit to watching it (usually in a "I need background noise" sort of way) more than a few times, but 12 was a rental that I never finished, and I've never bothered to see the end.

Loved 11 hated 12 hope 13 is better although I am mad at Brad and over George so guess I have to go for Matt.

Amanda good choice in not finishing it! The only good part was the interaction between Damon (linus) and his mother which sort of comes at the end.

Jessica Simpson considers adoption

Singer plans to adopt ‘before I have my own kids’
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12064088/

The Associated Press
    Updated: 7:50 p.m. ET March 29, 2006

LOS ANGELES - Jessica Simpson has babies on the brain.

The 25-year-old singer filed for divorce from Nick Lachey last December but her publicist says Simpson is looking at adoption.

“Nothing has been finalized yet” as to when and how Simpson will adopt, her publicist, Rob Shuter, told The Associated Press on Tuesday. But he added, “It is true that she’s exploring options.”

Shuter said Simpson and her family have anonymously contributed funds to a smattering of Mexican orphanages for several years now. The singer started visiting the orphanages with a church group at age 11.

“I want to adopt, and I plan to adopt before I have my own kids,” the pop star recently told TV’s “Extra.”

In the interview, Simpson cited a certain high-profile mother as an influence.

“I think Angelina Jolie has done amazing, amazing things, and the international adoption rate just since her has skyrocketed,” she said. “It’s unbelievable.”

Simpson is best known for starring in the MTV reality show “Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica” with Lachey, who gained fame as a member of the boy band 98 Degrees.
    ______________________________ ______________________________

So her idea is to marry, divorce, and then have kids

It's running rampant in Hollywood. International adoption that is. I'm not against it, just against it for the wrong reasons. Like your marriage just broke up and you need more publicity and well, you have lots of money, so why not. It must be pretty easy right?

I think it's wonderful they have been supporting orphanages, but adopting a child is another matter.

I thought it was funny that Queen Latifah just said today on ETalk Daily, that NO, she is not expecting and NO she is not adopting!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Joooolia. I just love her. I wonder how the twins are doing?
    ---------------------------------
    Julia Roberts Makes Broadway Debut
    Attachment 16813
    By KIMBERLEY LIM
    (Reuters)

NEW YORK (Reuters) - There's no second take on stage, but that may not matter when you're Julia Roberts.

When a plastic tomato went astray during her Broadway debut, the Oscar-winning movie actress broke character and laughed. It wasn't an issue to the fans who waited outside for autographs after seeing her Tuesday in "Three Days of Rain."

"I thought it was fabulous, Julia Roberts incredible ... Oh my God, she was incredible," gushed David Gordon from Orange County, California. "So, yeah, it was good, overall. The writing was awesome, everything was great, it was just a well put together production."

Roberts' appearance in Richard Greenberg's play is the hottest ticket in New York, with the 12-week run almost entirely sold out and tickets listed on eBay for as much as $999 for a front-row pair of seats on opening weekend.

The New York Daily News reported that her opening lines on Tuesday were drowned out by enthusiastic applause from the preview audience. But the real test of her nerve came in the middle of Act 2 when the prop tomato got out of hand.

"The plastic veggie landed on the floor, bounced and echoed like a table tennis ball -- a blooper that left Roberts briefly in stitches," the paper said. "She briefly broke character and couldn't help flashing her trademark toothy grin."

Official critics' reviews will not be in until after the April 19 opening night. But her fans at the first night preview were not disappointed.

"It was really cool," said Ise Ogwude, from Florida.

"It was really funny because we were like the fourth, fifth row and just seeing her in all these movies and then seeing her on stage, you know, five seats away from me, and Bradley Cooper, Paul Rudd, they all did amazing, amazing jobs."

The play is a drama about a brother and sister who meet up with a childhood friend for the reading of a will. Roberts plays Nan in the first act and then her mother in the second, which takes place a generation earlier.

Co-stars Rudd and Cooper will also be familiar to audiences from the screen -- Rudd's credits include "The 40 Year Old Virgin," "Friends" and "Clueless," while Cooper is currently in "Failure to Launch" with Matthew McConaughey.

"Three Days of Rain" was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize following its off-Broadway success in 1997.

Roberts, who won an Oscar for "Erin Brockovich," is one of a string of Hollywood stars coming to the New York stage this season, including Alec Baldwin, David Schwimmer and Amanda Peet. Unlike some of them, Roberts has little experience to fall back on -- this is her first professional stage role.

Broadway critics can be harsh on big names -- even established stage actor Denzel Washington got a drubbing in "Julius Caesar" last year, though the show was box office smash.

An online Los Angeles Times article said Roberts was taking the biggest gamble of her career.

"(It) could validate her rank as America's highest-paid actress and perhaps even earn her a Tony Award. Or it could drown her career in acid rain released by the toughest critics anywhere: those theater snobs."

http://channels.aol.ca/entertainment...30093109990001

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    It's running rampant in Hollywood. International adoption that is. I'm not against it, just against it for the wrong reasons. Like your marriage just broke up and you need more publicity and well, you have lots of money, so why not. It must be pretty easy right?
    I think it's great that the celebrities are bringing the media's attention to adoption, but like you misskitty I don't like that they seem to be adopting because "it's the cool thing to do". Adoption IN, Kabbalah OUT.

I just read that Matt Leblanc is divorcing is wife of 3 years.

Model Naomi Campbell arrested in N.Y.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ell/index.html

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Model Naomi Campbell was arrested Thursday morning after allegedly striking her assistant with a cell phone, New York police said.

"We believe this is a case of retaliation, because Naomi had fired her housekeeper earlier this morning," said a written statement from a spokeswoman for the model, who has appeared on the covers of Vogue and countless other fashion magazines.

"We are confident the courts will see it the same way."

The victim was not identified. Charges were pending, a police spokeswoman said, according to Reuters.

Campbell was being fingerprinted and photographed at a police station and later would be taken to court for arraignment, the spokeswoman added.

This isn't Campbell's first brush with the law. In 2003, the London-born model was sued by a former administrative assistant who alleged that Campbell had thrown a phone at her during a tantrum two years earlier in a Beverly Hills, California, hotel, according to The Associated Press.

In February 2000, Campbell pleaded guilty in Toronto to an assault charge for beating another assistant while making a film in Canada in 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    I just read that Matt Leblanc is divorcing is wife of 3 years.
    I didn't catch this the first time I read your post! Sheesh, I remember how in love he was (or acted). Maybe the failure of his show put too much stress on the marriage. She has kids from a previous marriage but I think they have one of their own too. How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    I think it's great that the celebrities are bringing the media's attention to adoption, but like you misskitty I don't like that they seem to be adopting because "it's the cool thing to do". Adoption IN, Kabbalah OUT.
    So having a *trophy kid* is back in, is it? Haven't heard of that since Joan Crawford's day. Well, it makes the lawyers and the therapists rich, I guess.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Naomi Campbell is such a diva, she's almost impossible to please. She should take some lessons in manners from Tyra Banks.
    ---------------------

Hey Finally. Something I agree with

Timberlake thinks Britney’s husband is ‘gross’
    Danny Moloshok / AP file

Britney Spears' ex-boyfriend, rocker Justin Timberlake, has some harsh words for her husband, Kevin Federline.

Britney Spears’ ex-sweetie reportedly does not approve of her hubby. In fact, Justin Timberlake believes that Kevin Federline is “gross,” according to Star magazine.

“He thinks Kevin is gross, and there’s not much that would change his mind about that,” a source told the tab. “He says that they [Spears and Timberlake] had a lot of great years together, and he’s pretty sad at how things turned out for her.”

Timberlake apparently hasn’t ruled out the possibility of reuniting with Spears — professionally, that is.

“I’ll bet if Britney wanted Justin to help her put together a comeback record, he’d jump at the chance,” says the source. “He’s someone who never backs down from an artistic challenge, and he’s said that he’d love to see Britney redeem herself through music — even if he has to give her a push.”
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-01-2006 at 07:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread