+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5060Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I just heard that Nicole Richie will confirm her pregnancy in an interview later this week. Apparently, she's four months along. I still have a hard time grasping the concept of her being able to conceive, though. If the rumours turn out to be true, I'm praying that she'll get her act together and get healthy for the sake of her baby.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl;2500331;
    I just heard that Nicole Richie will confirm her pregnancy in an interview later this week. Apparently, she's four months along. I still have a hard time grasping the concept of her being able to conceive, though. If the rumours turn out to be true, I'm praying that she'll get her act together and get healthy for the sake of her baby.
    It's not a rumor, it was confirmed about a month ago and has been well known 'unofficially' for about 2-3 months, complete with pics of her bulging baby-bump as she goes in and out of her OB-GYN's office. In fact, further up in this thread is some discussion of it.

That's one baby that's definately coming into the world already handicapped, since she already admitted to still being on drugs and drinking up until after she found out she was pregnant. Hopefully, since she defied the odds and got pregant in the first place, her baby might defy the odds and be born with no defects or health problems. As much as I believe Nicole Richie is worthless, every baby deserves not to suffer for the stupid actions of their parents.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

I wish the best for Nicole and her baby. She has had her share of troubles, but just does not get on my nerves like the others.

D'OH! My first attempt at spreading gossip and it's already an established fact. I'd better stick to books.

I, too, wish the best for Nicole and her baby although I have to say I share Nemeses' concern about the baby being born with disabilies. She isn't exactly a poster child for healthy living and frankly, I'm astonished that she's able to conceive at all. At less than 90 lbs and looking as skeletal as she does, she's clearly anorexic, and people who suffer from eating disorders usually stop having their periods.

At least Nicole seems to be admitting to her issues with her weight and substance abuse now, so I'm hoping things will turn out okay for both her and the baby.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

FORT Fanatic

Nicole Richie is like a boa constrictor you can see exactly when she ate and that she is pregnant because of her skinny bones. After driving all hyped up I am not sure that parenting is the next logical step for this messed up girl.

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else see the interview with Nicole and Joel on GMA this morning? I can't say that I am all that familiar with Joel Madden, beyond knowing he dated Hillary Duff then moved on to Nicole. So it was hard for me to figure out if he was presenting the guy that he needed to, or if he is sincerely the guy who came across on the TV. But if he is sincerely that guy, I was impressed - both with him, and with his influence on Nicole.

I give her credit. She accepted responsibility for what she did, took ownership of it, and didn't try to squirm out of it. Maybe that's because she had the advantage of seeing how Paris botched the same situation, but it was certainly a MUCH better approach then Paris trying to pretend she was a victim.

I hope the interview was sincere on both of their parts. If it was, I could believe that she can turn herself around and become a pretty good mother. Something in me has an easier time believing that Nicole could give up the paparazzi and attention in order to do what is right than to believe the same thing about Britney or Lindsay.

Veruka,

I've only seen clips of the interview because I'm at work, but... I remember seeing a few interviews during his years with Hilary Duff and he really does seem to be an intelligent, thoughtful guy.

And Nicole had an appearance on Letterman at the same time Paris was going through her fracas and she held herself just as accountable at that time. I don't get a fake vibe from her at all with her response to the seriousness of her actions. It's pretty cool.

I agree with Broadway...I remember reading an article about Hilary when she was dating him and she talking about how boring their life really was....watching movies, cooking dinner....the usual stuff. He is somewhat of a homebody and I think he really is one of the good guys.

I, too, was impressed with Nicoles interview, Broadway. Now...if she lives up to her words, I think she has the potential to turn her life completely around. I hope she does.

FORT Fogey

If it is for real - If Joel is that good of a guy, is able to support her and help her to turn herself around, and the two of them together can be great (or even good) parents, then I hope (but don't expect) that People, Us, OK, E! News Daily, etc will celebrate them for making good happen in their lives. It would be a GREAT lesson to Britney, Lindsay, Paris and the others in Hollywood like them to say "We celebrate and give respect to anyone like Nicole who can change her ways and become a good citizen". Come to think of it, it woudl be an even better lesson for teenage girls who are looking to all of those women to figure out what they want to be like.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There seems to be a basic difference in the maturity levels that Nicole has attained, as opposed to her Bozo friends. It may also be a difference in how these young women were raised. Lionel didn't raise Nicole alone....there is the woman he was married to, who probably took on the brunt of raising her almost, as a single mother. Lionel was, admittedly, on the road moreso than not. We never hear much, if anything, about the woman who raised Nicole. I'd be interested in hearing her input. People who do the most work on a difficult project seldom get much credit if something goes right. You can raise your child one way, but what they decide to do when they obtain majority age can be a completely different thing.

And, then again, it all still "remains to be seen". A couple of good interviews does not a changed life make. I'm sure we all hope for the best.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread