+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3911Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fanatic

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Every time I see LL I have to wonder what all the fuss is about. Pretty girls are a dime a dozen and she qualifies as pretty when she is made up but she isn't an all time great beauty.

Her acting was good for an 11 yr old in Parent Trap but since then it is ok nothing that I don't think anyone else could do give the opportunity. I just don't get her popularity. Like I don't get Paris and Nicole either. I never thought much of Brittany but I got it she was a machine of Mickey Mouse club, the combo of looks, dancing, singing, and all her stuff. But her people used her up too.

Someone tell me am I missing something with LL? She doesn't sing that well either. I keep hearing the news stations say things like sad to waste all that talent but I don't know what they mean. There is nothing about her that couldn't be left blank and filled in with any tweener, pop, or average young actor with long hair and a hot body. Well semi hot I guess.

FORT Fogey

I think that Lindsay is a talented actress. As actresses her age go, I think she does a pretty good job of taking on a role, and not just being Lindsay in each part she does. And when she's behaving and keeping it together on set, she seems to have earned the respect of some people in the industry whose respect matters. ACTING wise, she made the transition from kid to teen to young adult rather well. That is so rare for an actor to do, that I think she got a lot of attention for it. I think that also contributes to the reasons why people find it such a shame that she threw all of that away due to stupid choices in her personal life.

FORT Fanatic

See I just think for all the trouble she causes she isn't some young Meryl Streep. I don't see that she has made the transition well. I know she was in Bobby but what meaty non teenage type film has she done credibly? I guess there was one with Jane Fonda but she was a disaster on the set of that too.
    It seems most of her roles are Mean girls, Freaky Friday, Just my luck , renter movies and I don't see her talent as being worth all her drama. It seems anyone she was in with those movies could have played any of her parts, Rachel McAdams, any of the girls on any WB show are just as pretty and I would bet given the role in any movie LL has been in could have done it as well. I just think she too was a Disney child that was inserted into as many moves as possible and made a PR machine with Disney.

FORT Fogey

I haven't seen Georgia Rule myself, but for all the trouble she caused on the set, all the report I heard were that her acting in that was very good. I also haven't seen Prarie Home Companion, but she earned similar accolades for that one - and also high praise from Meryl Streep and Lily Tomlin after their experiences working with her.

I think that Lindsay is a talented actress. As actresses her age go, I think she does a pretty good job of taking on a role, and not just being Lindsay in each part she does.
    I'm a bit down on her acting lately, although its based on a really small current sample. The commercials for her current thriller/horror film have some really horrendously delivered dialogue from her in it, and it made me kind of wrinkle my nose and NOT want to see it.

She's FAR better an actress than Paris, Nicole, even Hilllary Freaking Duff (who's one of the worst singers I've ever heard as well), but being the best of a bunch of lame candidates is NOT the same thing as being a good actress. There are dozens of young actresses in her age range who pound her into the ground. Of course the best of them are not these lame "multi-career" types.

Heck, even Mandy Moore is better than her, and she's become more and more of a disappointment as the years have gone by.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic

I like the girl from Gilmore Girls and as I said above I like Rachel Mcadams and the girl from June Bug and the wild sister in Wedding Crashers. They all outshine LL or any of the above mentioned. I like Mandy Moore too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2493534;
    I'm a bit down on her acting lately, although its based on a really small current sample. The commercials for her current thriller/horror film have some really horrendously delivered dialogue from her in it, and it made me kind of wrinkle my nose and NOT want to see it.
    I totally agree that hte bits and pieces being used to promote her new movie are a display of rather weak acting. Given the low box office thus far for the movie this weekend, I'm guessing you and I aren't alone in drawing tha conclusion. I think this was one of those movies she chose to show the world she's grown up now. She was making a better transition before she got impatient and went off the deep end.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2493534;
    The commercials for her current thriller/horror film have some really horrendously delivered dialogue from her in it, and it made me kind of wrinkle my nose and NOT want to see it.
    I've heard the movie is terrible all around, and it's not just her. So, she can't take all the credit

I am surprised that someone actually felt that she could carry a movie all on her own. Were there any other semi-big names in it with her??

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2493408;
    Every time I see LL I have to wonder what all the fuss is about. Pretty girls are a dime a dozen and she qualifies as pretty when she is made up but she isn't an all time great beauty.

Her acting was good for an 11 yr old in Parent Trap but since then it is ok nothing that I don't think anyone else could do give the opportunity. I just don't get her popularity. ....

Someone tell me am I missing something with LL? She doesn't sing that well either. I keep hearing the news stations say things like sad to waste all that talent but I don't know what they mean. There is nothing about her that couldn't be left blank and filled in with any tweener, pop, or average young actor with long hair and a hot body. Well semi hot I guess.
    No, you aren't missing anything, Bandy. LL has never been considered a viable 'talented' actress except in talking points presented in conjunction with someone connected with a movie project still on the PR plate. She's had the great fortune of playing against some good talent, like Meryl Streep, for instance, who is well known for her class and stance against saying anything negative about the people you work with. And it's a shame that LL didn't take those opportunities to actually study her "craft" and learn a thing or two -- assuming somewhere buried in her she actually does have more talent than her lame attempts have shown so far. But I have yet to see her display any talent other than the same mediocre level of a Tara Reid or a Hillary Duff -- all fluff but no stuff. But then again, LL isn't known for her acting abilities, she's known for her train wreck of a lifestyle.

As for her "popularity", I think you're mistaking popularity for attention. She's a media hot ticket, for sure, because stories and videos and pics of Hollywood falling starlets and stars have always been big business, and the mass public in general will always pay to see/hear dishy, juicy gossip rather than see or hear about a starlet having a nice lunch with their grandmother. And historically, Hollywood starlets have used that very fact to keep their names in the media when nothing else they do can keep it there. Is LL doing that? No, I don't believe she is, I'm only pointing out that any starlet who's in a public nosedive is going to get a lot more attention than one who isn't. And the bigger the nosedive, the more attention they get. There's "popularity" and then there's "being talked about", and she's the latter.

I think your assessment of LL is right on the nose (with the exception of my not thinking she's pretty at all, cute is the best I could say, but even that is long gone now). If -- and it's not an outrageous notion at this point -- she were to drop off the face of the earth and never be heard from again, if she's missed at all, it would be more for what she contributed to the gossip mill than for anything else.

I have a sneaky feeling that in some concentric circle of hell, there is a room with one large chair in the middle for the person sent there, and all around that chair is a revolving platform whereupon sits LL, Britney, Paris, Nicole, Tara, Kim Kardashian and a bevy of other mindless celeb-twits who sit and talk non-stop into eternity about how wonderful, talented, beautiful, sexy, and smart they think they are. Or wait... maybe that's just a movie script I'm working on....
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread