+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4648Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

In Voight's case, skanky Angelina wouldn't talk to him either, so how else could he get a message out to her?

In the case of Lohan, I would not be surprised if she cut her Dad out because he cleaned up his act and she knew that he would not enable her like Dina seemingly has.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2489384;
    In Voight's case, skanky Angelina wouldn't talk to him either, so how else could he get a message out to her?

In the case of Lohan, I would not be surprised if she cut her Dad out because he cleaned up his act and she knew that he would not enable her like Dina seemingly has.
    Lyndsay cut her dad out long before he cleaned himself up.

Regarding getting the message out -- If it were Joe Smith whose daughter Mary Smith refused to talk to him, no media outlets would cover the message. And yet, there are many ordinary non-celebrity families who suffer these same kinds of rifts, and somehow figure out how to communicate and mend things. I think that in the cases of the Lohans, Voights, and many many other celebrity families, they'd be better served from a family perspective if they handled crises as normal families do, without regard for public perception. I don't believe that any of these parents who reach out via the media are truly intending to mend things. I think they're looking for ways to expand their exposure in the public eye -- and it works.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2489340;
    I feel badly for Michael Lohan. He has had his own share of troubles, but has served time and seemingly gotten his life back together. His daughter would be smart to do the same.

From what he said on Larry King last night, he has not been able to talk to her in a month and a half. I guess she sided with her enabling Mother and won't see him.
    Lindsay's father seems truly concerned and being on tv may be the only way he can possibly reach his daughter. For all his pasts actions and faults he is coming off as the more responsible parent right now. He has/is battled addiction and went to jail for it. Lindsay could probably learn a lot from him and his mistakes. I like that he said that 30 days of treatment at a place that lets the patients come and go as they please wasn't going to be enough. I think he just wants to save his daughter's life. Whereas Dina used to party with her daughter and make all sorts of excuses for her. Michael said that he is to blame for creating a rough family life for his daughter that may had led to her self-destructive behavior. Dina encouraged that self-destructive behavior. I still wonder where Lindsay's younger siblings were while Michael was in jail and Dina and Lindsay were out on the town.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2489340;
    I feel badly for Michael Lohan. He has had his own share of troubles, but has served time and seemingly gotten his life back together. His daughter would be smart to do the same.

From what he said on Larry King last night, he has not been able to talk to her in a month and a half. I guess she sided with her enabling Mother and won't see him.
    He also has a court order forbidding him from contacting Lindsay or her attorney.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

The butler did it. He slipped it into her pants on her way out of a late night party. Blame him! I can't imagine throwing my career away like this. I know that at some point you can no longer blame the parents, but Dina and Michael paved the way for this unruly, irresponsible behavior. He can't even contact her, and Dina just further enables her because she (as it's been said) wants to the white Oprah. Meanwhile, i bet Parisite is somewhere seething with envy right now.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

No, no Amy, Paris is in the news once again!

I notice in the article she went out and bought the pooch at 1 p.m. on Wednesday. By then, all the news was on Lindsey. So I think this is her way of getting her mug in the news!

Paris Hilton Buys (Another) New Pooch - Paris Hilton : People.com

Paris Hilton Buys (Another) New Pooch
    WEDNESDAY JULY 25, 2007 06:00 PM EDT

Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton already has a huge family of pets – but she added one more to the brood with a new Chihuahua on Wednesday.

The heiress adopted the young, male pooch from Pets of Bel Air in Los Angeles just after 1 p.m.

"She loved the puppy, she was all smiles and carried him out of the store in her arms," an onlooker tells PEOPLE. A store employee said Hilton was "so sweet."

The store is the same one where Britney Spears bought a $3,000 Yorkie puppy less than two weeks ago.

And speaking of celeb purchases: Earlier on Wednesday, rocker Fred Durst and his son came into the store and purchased a Chihuahua as well.

Hilton, who has said she really missed her pets while in jail, also recently bought a new Yorkie named Cinderella, and has another Chihuahua named Tinkerbell, among other pets. (In 2005, she was forced to give up her kinkajou, Baby Luv, because it was considered an exotic species and was illegal to own.)

---------------------------
    Okay so she she wasn't getting arrested, but she did get in the news! I do wonder, though, who drove her to the pet store. Isn't her license suspended?

CCL

The thing that struck me in the whole Lindsay Lohan saga was how much she looked like her mother in the mugshot; I never saw the resemblance before.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm so sick of it all already. They're all driving me up the wall. Michael, Dina, even Ali (Lindsay's little sister). It's so sad when a young teen cannot even spell "supporting" right.

13 year old Ali Lohan just released her own statement to VH1:

I want everybody to know the truth out there. My mom is a single mom of four children she has always been there for us, she was my mother and father and still is. My father is telling all lies to people and saying he was such a great dad and was always there for us, my father was never there for us, My mom was always there souporting us. i think that the whole reason why my sister is upset with her self and not as cofident, is because of my dad not being around, and always staying out late and not coming home for days, he would come back home never himself, he was always was making excuses for his bad behavior . And would always blame my mother. He just wants everybody in the world knowing that he was a great dad. He wasnt that is all a lie. I just want my sister to stick throught this okay, and my mother and brothers and i are there for my sister 100% and have always been. I’ve wanted to say this for so long and get this out there and let everyone know that our family is like a normal family but of course we are put under a microscope because of lindsays fame, lindsay will be fine she is just going through a rough time right now but she will be fine. i know this for a fact. My sisters is just like a normal sister. her and I have so much in common. My mother and sister are huge insperations to me, they have made it through so much in there lives.
    Thankyou for your time god bless, Ali
    For shame on Dina and Michael.

FORT Fogey

I guess she is like her sister in that regard. I have seen statements from Lindsay before with a lot of misspellings. No one is perfect, but if you are sending something out to the media, at least use spell check.

It does not surprise me at all though that Dina has the 13 year old getting in the middle of this and lying about her Father.

FORT Fogey

How and when did Michael Lohan become in the saint in this? The man has has had enough transgressions of his own, both legally and with his family. As Broadway pointed out, there is a court order forbidding him from contacting his daughter. A court doesn't issue something like that merely to indulge the bratty demands of a kid. There was cause to get that ordered.

I don't think that one can look at the Lohan family and identify the "good" Lohans and the bad ones. I think they are a tragically messed up family where everyone involved is guilty of bad behavior.

+ Reply to Thread