+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2488634;
    Dina Lohan is a complete and utter moron.
    Its not just a matter of stupidity, its a matter more of a lack of morals.

Well, while Lindsay belongs in jail, Dina probably belongs in hell.

As I've said before, there are many worse mothers--ones who have physically or sexually abused their kids--but... that does nothing to excuse the kind of mother she HAS been. There's no sign she cares any more about Lindsay than some random person she meets on the street, other than the money she still brings in for her.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

They are showing a taped interview with LL's Dad on Larry King Live now.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Lindsay is such a sad person. She has really crappy people around her who don't have her best interest, just their's. In particular, a disgraced Socialite named, Dori Cooperman who went to promises just to buddy up to the moron at the beginning of this post. Dina has Dina in mind and her father and her don't have a good relationship. I believe those rehab stints were just for show, supposedly, for 'our' benefit. She's only 21 and already a druggy and alcoholic.
    I want to hug her and at the same time slap some sense into her(even though that wouldn't work). Fact is, no one can try to help her until she helps herself. When is that going to happen? She's so pretty, very talented, getting good work. Yet, she's so dense.

In other news, im glad OK is running with it, i want to see it actually. Brat might be very pissed right now that Lindsay's getting alot of attention while she has to resort to stripping to her underwear and calling the paparrazi on herself so that they can come see.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2489075;
    Lindsay.... She's so pretty, very talented, getting good work. Yet, she's so dense.
    I'll freely admit that I'm one of the people who don't see any talent in Lindsay, nor do I think she's that pretty. At one time, a few years ago, she had the beginnings of being fairly pretty, but then she decided to use her body as a storage bin for whatever poisons she could get into it. For the past couple of years she's looked like a used-up crack whore twice her age. As for talent, although she's had some mildly amusing roles in some of the flimfluff teen movies, the only talent I've seen from her is no more than a Tara Reid or any other number of the standard issue cookie-cutter starlets of the past few years. And she can't even committ to not killing herself, much less committing to a movie role. So I don't see her pathetic antics as any great loss of talent -- her best entertainment role has been her public role of a train wreck.

As for getting good work... she's had 1 good role offered in the past couple of years, and ruined it. Other than that 1 opportunity, she's not being offered "good work." But the good side of that is that working isn't apparently one of her priorities in life... it would interfere with her partying.

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

From what I read yesterday, both LL and Brit call the photographers and arrange to sell the info on when and where they will be. Then they have the nerve to complain about being pursued.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2488638;
    Heehee! That's too funny!

I think Lohan should get some serious jail time. This isn't her first rodeo and even rehab didn't do a thing for her. I think if I ever needed rehab, Promises would be the last facility I would go to.
    Well that's because they could not fulfill your needs. I don't consider Promises to be a rehab facility. I consider them to be a PR bunker where celebs can go when the bad publicity gets to be too much. They provide a safe haven from the paparazzi, and easy spin for the publicists until the media gets interested in another story and its safe to come out again.

Just think of how much easier adolecence would be if all high schools had a "Promises". Your boyfriend dumps you, embarasses you in front of your math class, and you just can't take the thought of having to face everyone in the cafeteria tomorrow? Go to "Promises"!

I saw that Michael Lohan has been making the rounds last night and this morning doing phone interviews on various shows. While he's talking the good talk about the help that Lyndsay needs, etc, I consider what he's doing to be as vicious ahd irresponsible as what Dina is doing. Why is it so hard for these people to realize how disfunctional it is to work out all of your private family problems on TV shows?

Lindsay claims that she's innocent... HA! Apparently the cocaine that was in her pocket wasn't hers? And the .12 and .13 that she blew at the police station... how exactly does that make her innocent of DUI?

Lindsay Lohan: 'I Am Innocent'
    WEDNESDAY JULY 25, 2007 07:30 AM EDT

By Sara Hammel

In the wake of her arrest for DUI and possession of cocaine early Tuesday morning, Lindsay Lohan offered a swift and simple explanation: "I am innocent."

Asked by TV's Access Hollywood late Tuesday if there was anything the actress, 21, wanted "to get out there" about the charges against her, Lohan responded in an email to the show's Billy Bush, who had just spoken about her on CNN:

"Yes. I am innocent ... did not do drugs they're not mine."

Amid reports from police that they had received a 911 call from the mother of Lohan's former personal assistant, saying that Lohan was chasing her in an SUV, Lohan also said in her email, "I was almost hit by my assistant Tarin's mom."

Police found Lohan and the woman in a "heated debate" in the parking lot of Santa Monica's Civic Auditorium at about 1:30 a.m., according to Santa Monica police Lt. Alex Padilla.

Lohan concluded her brief message with, "I appreciate everyone giving me my privacy."

Lohan was arrested early Tuesday in Santa Monica, Calif., and released on bail facing misdemeanor charges of driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license, and felony cocaine possession. If convicted on all charges, she could face up to six years behind bars, NBC News reports.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2489305;
    Lindsay claims that she's innocent... HA! Apparently the cocaine that was in her pocket wasn't hers? And the .12 and .13 that she blew at the police station... how exactly does that make her innocent of DUI?
    I loved Matt Lauer's comment on that claim this morning. He said something along the lines of an addict never admitting that the drugs are his/hers. The refusal to own up to the actions are a key component of addiction!

FORT Fogey

I feel badly for Michael Lohan. He has had his own share of troubles, but has served time and seemingly gotten his life back together. His daughter would be smart to do the same.

From what he said on Larry King last night, he has not been able to talk to her in a month and a half. I guess she sided with her enabling Mother and won't see him.

FORT Fogey

I can understand why she wouldn't want to see him though. He's certainly done his share of hurt in their family.

I just do not understand why some celebs feel the need to air these disputes in public? I didn't understand it with John Voight, and I don't understand it here. When Robert Downey Jr was in the height of his drug problems, you didn't see members of his family appearing on TV shows talking about how worried they were about him. If you're worried about your loved ones, get in there and HELP them. If you need cameras around you when you're doing it, that's not help -- that's a cry for your own attention.

+ Reply to Thread