+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5273Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2488263;
    Lohan drunk, Britney pregnant... all we need now is Paris partying and everything's back to "normal".

As for the OK mag thing, many wouldn't say that's journalism--it could be construed as "screwing over" a subject to make sales. These celeb/glamor rags have a specific relationship with celebs, a kind of "understanding", and now that they've chosen to breach this with Britney, most other celebs (and even more importantly their agents) won't trust them again. OK is choosing to go this route--to make short term sales in return for totally pissing off Hollywood as a whole. And they will be made to pay for it. Even if Britney WAS a trainwreck. Even if, as usual, she brought it all on herself, even if Hollywood in general doesn't give a rats ass about her anymore and repudiates her as a wack job in private, they are going to see this as a sign.

Good for OK for going ahead with the story and pictures. Britt made an agreement with them to show up at a scheduled time and do this interview/photo session. If she can't have herself together to do it, then more power to them for using what they were able to get. I am sure she was well paid for it.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2488123;
    In happier news, Bindi Irwin, the Croc Hunter's daughter is now 9 years old. What a cutie!
    I saw the picture of her blowing out the candles on her cake. It warmed, and broke my heart at the same time. She is so adorable!

The most pathetic part of this ongoing Lindsey saga is her mom being "hysterical". That woman has nothing between her bejeweled ears.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

FORT Fogey

One more thing on Britney -- My money is on her not being pregnant this time. One of the gossip rags ran a blind item last week about a celebrity who was telling everyone she was pregnant because she'd missed her period, but she had not taken a pregnancy test nor visited a doctor. I believe there was some speculation about the item that the missed period was more likely due to body abuse (either bad eating habits or drug abuse) than it was pregnancy. With reports surfacing now that Brit may be pregnant again, I think she fits the bill for that blind item.

With respect to OK choosing to go the 'real' route and not hide what happened (of which there was plenty. A lot lot more than what even TMZ described) was a choice of showing what's really happening to Britney and trying to hide it. I think in this case, while it will undoubtedly sell well, it's something that needs to be done.
    I don't believe that it will affect OK's relationship with other clients or celebrities. I think everyone will see this for what it is: cutting ties with Britney, making a sale, and doing what they have to.

With repsect to Lohan, this was an unintentionally hillarious cap from my homepage.
    Take notice of what's right beside the picture of Lindsay.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Same celebs, same stories, same excuses, same old Hollywood train wrecks. Life goes on as normal in Tinseltown.

As for the rehab center wasting money and resources on Lindsey... they aren't wasting it, this is pure publicity gold for them, since Promises and a couple of other LA 'rehab' revolving door centers don't even try to pretend to be seriously helping these celebs like Richie, Reid, Spears, Lohan, Davis, etc. They take in the big bucks from the celebs, and in return they allow the celebs to come and go as they please, attend counseling or not as they please, and the centers just sit back and rake in the money as others are willing to pay plenty for having a temporary hideout with other stars and celebs. Or in Lohan's case, since she keeps getting thrown out of every hotel she lives in, it gives her a place to sleep for a month or so. These certain rehab centers are making out great now that they're a fad in Tinseltown. They've never had it so good now that they're in vogue.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I've heard that Lindsay could face up to 8 years behind bars!

As expected, "mommy" Lohan is complaining that the press is making her family feel trapped in their home and is asking the press to back off and his talking about how tough it is to have all of this press attention. Didn't Dina want to be the "White Oprah" not too long ago. Oprah gets a lot of press. She also doesn't party and commit crimes like Lindsay does.

rt1ky... all of this press attention is only tough when it's bad press. When it's good press it's quite welcome and exciting.

Dina Lohan is a complete and utter moron.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2488422;

With repsect to Lohan, this was an unintentionally hillarious cap from my homepage.
    Take notice of what's right beside the picture of Lindsay.
    Heehee! That's too funny!

I think Lohan should get some serious jail time. This isn't her first rodeo and even rehab didn't do a thing for her. I think if I ever needed rehab, Promises would be the last facility I would go to.

FORT Fogey

Maybe if she is sent to jail, Mama Lohan can figure out a way to make some money off of it

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2488651;
    Maybe if she is sent to jail, Mama Lohan can figure out a way to make some money off of it

Or she would get POA and spend all of Lindsey's money while she's locked away..lol

+ Reply to Thread