+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829691195191019 ... LastLast
Like Tree4584Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    :Yes, she's still a kid and kids like to have fun and party. However, when is the last time you saw Natalie Portman in a tabloid story about drinking and partying?
    Exactly! Natalie has said in interviews that she is not a goody goody who never does anything bad. She's been drunk and partied, she said, but she made sure that she wasn't doing that at the hottest nightclub where all the papparazzi were staked out. There's something to be said for discretion. (I think Portman has a more stable upbringing--her dad's a reknowned surgeon and she comes from a family of academics.)

I think Lindsay's pretty talented, too. Loved her in "Mean Girls." But she needs to get her head screwed on tighter.

LESS CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT: Heath Ledger...the JOKER?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi...on=cnn_showbiz

New 'Batman' names its Joker
    Heath Ledger to take on role of criminal mastermind

Tuesday, August 1, 2006; Posted: 9:17 a.m. EDT (13:17 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Batman is heading into a sequel, titled "The Dark Knight," and he will face off against the Joker, this time played by Heath Ledger.

Christian Bale, the star of last year's "Batman Begins," will reprise his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman and Christopher Nolan is returning to the directing chair.

Ledger, Oscar-nominated this year for his role in "Brokeback Mountain," resurrects a murderous role memorably played in 1989 by Jack Nicholson in Tim Burton's "Batman."

"Batman Begins" was a critical and commercial hit, and relaunched the Warner Bros. franchise.

An early 2007 start date is being eyed for the sequel. Before then, Bale and Nolan will be in theaters this fall with the Disney release "The Prestige."

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi...on=cnn_showbiz

New 'Batman' names its Joker
    Heath Ledger to take on role of criminal mastermind

Tuesday, August 1, 2006; Posted: 9:17 a.m. EDT (13:17 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Batman is heading into a sequel, titled "The Dark Knight," and he will face off against the Joker, this time played by Heath Ledger.

Christian Bale, the star of last year's "Batman Begins," will reprise his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman and Christopher Nolan is returning to the directing chair.

Ledger, Oscar-nominated this year for his role in "Brokeback Mountain," resurrects a murderous role memorably played in 1989 by Jack Nicholson in Tim Burton's "Batman."

"Batman Begins" was a critical and commercial hit, and relaunched the Warner Bros. franchise.

An early 2007 start date is being eyed for the sequel. Before then, Bale and Nolan will be in theaters this fall with the Disney release "The Prestige."
    I wonder if Katie/Kate Holmes is allowed to be in this movie. I haven't seen the first movie so I don't know what her role is. Maybe that's why we haven't seen Suri, they are waiting for her to be a publicity stunt for an upcoming blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    I wonder if Katie/Kate Holmes is allowed to be in this movie. I haven't seen the first movie so I don't know what her role is. Maybe that's why we haven't seen Suri, they are waiting for her to be a publicity stunt for an upcoming blockbuster.
    I think she wasn't being asked to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Or, if we want conspriacies, Tom worked his magic behind the scenes to keep her at home. Maybe saving Suri for HIS blockbuster.

Really? That's too bad. It's not like she was the selling point of the movie but she was OK in it (although she looked too young for the role).

I read in US magazine (um, yes I do read other things besides trash but...) that she was at her agent's office in L.A. trying to drum up more serious, grown up roles. It seems like after Nicole and Tom got together, her career really took off. I wonder if that's what Katie was hoping would happen with her, too? (Of course, the getting pregnant so soon couldn't have helped her cause.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Really? That's too bad. It's not like she was the selling point of the movie but she was OK in it (although she looked too young for the role).

I read in US magazine (um, yes I do read other things besides trash but...) that she was at her agent's office in L.A. trying to drum up more serious, grown up roles. It seems like after Nicole and Tom got together, her career really took off. I wonder if that's what Katie was hoping would happen with her, too? (Of course, the getting pregnant so soon couldn't have helped her cause.)
    Actually, Nicole Kidman took a backseat during her marriage, didn't she? I think it was only towards the end of the marriage that she started getting big roles again. I might be remembering it incorrectly, though.

And I read the trash mags, too.

Actually, Nicole Kidman took a backseat during her marriage, didn't she? I think it was only towards the end of the marriage that she started getting big roles again. I might be remembering it incorrectly, though.

And I read the trash mags, too.
    I believe that you remember correctly. I always assumed that her burgeoning career was responsible for the break up of their marriage. He doesn't appear to be the sort of person who would be happy with an independent and successful wife who garnered more acclaim than he.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I can't see Heath Ledger as the Joker although I like him as an actor. Sometimes when a part is played by someone in the beginning, it ruins it for anyone else who may play the part later, no matter how good that later person is in the role. For me, Jack Nicholson WAS the Joker but maybe Heath will do well. For others, they may prefer the actor who played him on the tv series. Look how many people have played Batman though. It's hard for me to say who I've liked best as Batman because I like all the actors who've played him. I think any one of them could have continued in the role and I would have been okay with it.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 08-08-2006 at 02:55 PM.

Regarding the JOKER... I never really pictured Heath Ledger for that role. He's almost too boyish and good looking...but then again, these films are supposed to be the prequels, right? I really liked Christian Bale in the Batman role in "Batman Begins." I think it could be an interesting set up... (Kind of like how on "Smallville" they show what happened to make Clark and Lex turn against each other...)
    Last edited by Mantenna; 08-08-2006 at 02:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread