+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4602Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

LG.

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

isn't she supposed to be out on the talk show circuit promoting "I Know Who Killed Me" pretty soon, as I just saw ads for that movie coming out soon. Instead she should be locked up so she doesn't kill someone with her moronic drunk driving. There is no excuse for CHASING A CAR DOWN A STREET WHILE DRIVING DRUNK WITH A SUSPENDED LICENSE. Lock. Her. Up. She's had more second chances than anyone deserves.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Has Lindsay's "mommy" come out to defend her yet and blame the photographers or her asthma?

In happier news, Bindi Irwin, the Croc Hunter's daughter is now 9 years old. What a cutie!

FORT Fogey

I have not seen a statement from her Mother yet, but TMZ has comments from her Dad.

I sure that her Mother will blame everyone else though.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

She should go to jail just like Paris!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Yikes... go away to two hours of training and come back to the additional details. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee...

I must say, I love her mug shot!

I guess of all the so-called legitimate news channels (CNN, Fox, MSNBC) already have crews at the jail and the courthouse. It's Paris all over again. Sorry Darfur, we have to cover some more trashy self-destructive celebs.

As long as I am continuing to ignore Darfur () I just have to post the update to my earlier Britney Spears OK Magazine trainwreck.

Because it's fun to laugh at the self-destructive celebrities.

OK! Goes for It!!
    Posted Jul 24th 2007 11:30AM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Train Wrecks, Britney Spears

In a surprising move, OK! Magazine says they're going to show Britney as she really was on the day of her disastrous photo shoot -- the good, the bad and the unbelievably ugly!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, OK! Editor-in-Chief Sarah Ivens said, "OK! Magazine spent a heartbreaking day with Britney Spears and witnessed first-hand an emotional cry for help that will leave you shocked and sad. This week, on newsstands Friday, the truth will be told."

As TMZ first reported, Britney had a complete and total meltdown during the interview and photo shoot. OK! was faced with a huge decision; to run the horrifying photos as is and risk ruining their relationship with Brit (and potentially her career), or run a sanitized -- and untrue-- article.

In the end, it appears as if OK! chose journalism over Hollywood. OK! is OK!

I'm in here posting with the rest of you.

I just hate to hear some media outlets pretend like their too good to indulge in celebrity gossip when they also have cameras and reporters on the scene, along with hours of coverage when they could be coverage "serious news" like the events in Darfur.

Get on in the trash with the rest of us and roll around.

Lohan drunk, Britney pregnant... all we need now is Paris partying and everything's back to "normal".

As for the OK mag thing, many wouldn't say that's journalism--it could be construed as "screwing over" a subject to make sales. These celeb/glamor rags have a specific relationship with celebs, a kind of "understanding", and now that they've chosen to breach this with Britney, most other celebs (and even more importantly their agents) won't trust them again. OK is choosing to go this route--to make short term sales in return for totally pissing off Hollywood as a whole. And they will be made to pay for it. Even if Britney WAS a trainwreck. Even if, as usual, she brought it all on herself, even if Hollywood in general doesn't give a rats ass about her anymore and repudiates her as a wack job in private, they are going to see this as a sign.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2488263;
    Lohan drunk, Britney pregnant... all we need now is Paris partying and everything's back to "normal".

As for the OK mag thing, many wouldn't say that's journalism--it could be construed as "screwing over" a subject to make sales. These celeb/glamor rags have a specific relationship with celebs, a kind of "understanding", and now that they've chosen to breach this with Britney, most other celebs (and even more importantly their agents) won't trust them again. OK is choosing to go this route--to make short term sales in return for totally pissing off Hollywood as a whole. And they will be made to pay for it. Even if Britney WAS a trainwreck. Even if, as usual, she brought it all on herself, even if Hollywood in general doesn't give a rats ass about her anymore and repudiates her as a wack job in private, they are going to see this as a sign.
    I'm not sure I agree with that. For the most part, I think that celebs are very concerned with how they're portryed by various media outlets, but don't really give a darn how others are protrayed. If Eva is happy with how OK published her wedding pictures, and Brad and Angie are happy with the way they published their baby pictures, I don't see them turning their back on OK because they don't like how Britney was treated. If anything, I could see them being happy because any other celeb looking really bad makes them look better.

This will certainly sever ties between them and Britney, but is that really a loss? Not only has Britney been severing ties left and right lately, but she's got a well-established loyalty and relationship with People. If OK didn't dump on Britney when they did, she'd surely dump them the next time People came a'calling

+ Reply to Thread