+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5244Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Okay don't know if this is true or not, but I was just watching Countdown with Keith Olbermann and he had a segment on none other than Britney Spears.

According to some obscure mag/rag, NW magazine, it seems she is telling a few of her friends that she is PREGNANT....again! She also said that this was an unplanned pregnancy.....and not sure who the father is.

Her youngest is now 10 months old and, I think, her older son will be 2 in September.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2487230;
    And The Winner Is Drew Carey! Price Is Right Has New Host!

CTV.ca | Drew Carey tapped to host 'The Price is Right'
    What? Chuck Woolery wasn't available?

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2487319;
    Many viewers are already pretty familiar with Drew's style, from Whose Line Is It Anyway?, and also from the first season of Last Comic Standing. When he stormed off after letting the producers have it, he struck a blow for all of us who want to be entertained, not suckered. I think he'll do great.
    I agree with all of that, lopevian. Not from a TPIR fan viewpoint, since I haven't seen that show in over a decade, and stopped being a Bob Barker fan many years and lawsuits ago, also. But just strictly speaking about Drew Carey, I remember being pleasantly and very suprised to see what a sweet guy he actually is.

Within the past 3-4 years, I've seen him on several talk shows and interviews, as well as Who's Line Is It, Anyway?, and the first season of Last Comic Standing, and reformed my whole outlook on him. For some reason I always had thought of him as cheesy and obnoxious, though I really had nothing to base that on, and have no idea where I got that impression of him. But I've since become impressed by him, and in what a genuinely nice, sweet guy he seems to be, and am pleased to see that's how he's described by others in the entertainment industry. And the fact that he stood up for an important principle in Last Comic Standing absolutely cemented my respect for him.

I have no idea how good he'll be on TPiR, and doubt I'll start watching the show again (just not my kind of show), but I hope he does well, and wish him well in whatever directions his career takes him. Nice celeb guys in Hollywood are hard to find. And although I can't say he's the funniest guy around, I have seen how he likes to encourage others to do well, and loves to interact with audience members. I used to laugh so hard at him when he'd crack up at some of the stuff the other comics did on Who's Line Is It Anyway? And I liked that he didn't feel the need to always be 'The Star' and the center of attention.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2487646;
    Okay don't know if this is true or not, but I was just watching Countdown with Keith Olbermann and he had a segment on none other than Britney Spears.

According to some obscure mag/rag, NW magazine, it seems she is telling a few of her friends that she is PREGNANT....again! She also said that this was an unplanned pregnancy.....and not sure who the father is.

Her youngest is now 10 months old and, I think, her older son will be 2 in September.

I had heard that that was being printed in an Australian rag. And, of course, that she had no clue who the father would be. Makes sense if it were true, but I have a feeling that it's not.

I also read yesterday (probably on tmz.com) that Britney also did an interview and photoshoot with OK magazine recently. The photos all turned out horrible, and the interview was so scattered and empty that it's being said her career would be completely destroyed by the details. They were implying that her mood would change at the drop of a hat, and that she went to the restroom several times during the interview only to come out in a different mood (the implication, of course, that she's on drugs.)

I'll try to find the link to that one.

Heyyyyyyyyyy..... Here's some (non)shocking news!!!!! We should have taken a poll as to how many days it would last. So much for the ankle bracelet.

Make Mine a Double! Lohan Busted for DUI ... AGAIN!
    Posted Jul 24th 2007 8:44AM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan was arrested for drunk driving in Santa Monica early this morning -- her second bust in less than a year.

According to wire reports, 21-year-old Lohan was nailed around 2:15 AM near Pico Boulevard and Main Street early Tuesday morning.

Just last week, Lohan was quietly booked by Beverly Hills PD for an alleged Memorial Day weekend DUI crash. She was due back in court on August 24 to face charges of driving with a blood alcohol level greater than .08 and misdemeanor hit and run.

Story developing ...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Here's more of what I found Broadway....

Link Here

Lohan Booked on Suspicion of DUI
    Published: 7/24/07, 9:46 AM EDT

SANTA MONICA, Calif (AP) - Lindsay Lohan, who just finished a second stint in rehab for substance abuse treatment, was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving early Tuesday, authorities said.

Lohan, who is already facing a drunken driving charge in Beverly Hills, was pulled over near the Santa Monica Police Department after authorities spotted her car chasing another vehicle, said Sgt. Shane Talbot.

Authorities conducted a field sobriety test and then transported Lohan to the police department.

The 21-year-old actress was booked on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, driving on a suspended license and possession of cocaine, among other charges, Talbot said.

Police found cocaine in one of her pants pockets during a pre-booking search, Talbot said.

A call to Lohan's publicist was not immediately returned.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    and then this.....

People

Lindsay Lohan was arrested on drunk-driving charges in Santa Monica, Calif., early Tuesday morning, TMZ.com is reporting.

The site quotes unnamed police sources saying the actress, 21, was found with cocaine in her pocket. Lohan's blood alcohol level was between .12 and .13 exceeding the legal limit of .08, TMZ reports.

Lohan is still reportedly in jail, with her bail set at $25,000.

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

LG.

guess that 6 weeks in rehab and the alcohol monitoring ankle bracelet didn't really fix the underlying problem. But why or why can't this girl get a professional driver so she doesn't end up killing someone while driving drunk.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Okay, let's see......
    Drunk driving - check.
    Cocaine in her possession - check.
    Driving on a suspended license - check.

And supposedly Dina is hysterical over all of this. Mom of the year - check.

Don't these people see this is a train wreck?

I can almost see the story coming out that she did not realize she was over the BAC limit. "Occifer, I just had one itty, bitty drink. I was thirsty!" Excuses, excuses.

I can almost see the story coming out that she did not realize she had drugs in her possession. Someone else must have put it in her pants pocket, purse, up her nose, etc. Whatever.

But how does she explain driving with a suspended license?

What a foolish girl she is.

FORT Fogey

Calling her foolish is way too nice. I hope she gets the jail time that she deserves for this. Her trashy Mother has done nothing but enable her and try to cash in on her for her own gain.

Has anyone heard any comnents on who was in the car with her and why on earth was she chasing her personal assistant's Mother?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2488093;
    guess that 6 weeks in rehab and the alcohol monitoring ankle bracelet didn't really fix the underlying problem. But why or why can't this girl get a professional driver so she doesn't end up killing someone while driving drunk.

What a waste of the rehab center's time and resources. She's already had one film canceled (the life of Shirley McClain (sp?)) because sponsors back out due to her partying in Vegas. Unfortunately, I think she will kill herself or someone else. Time for her to go to jail.

+ Reply to Thread