+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3911Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Oh my God, Unk. That doesn't even look like her. Talk about wasting away to nothing.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I know, Dags. I saw her interview with Larry, and was shocked when I saw her. Her spirit was remarkable, though, and I thought she was incredibly brave knowing there wasn't anything more her doctors could do for her. RIP, Tammy.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I saw part of the interview through a link on CNN earlier. It broke my heart to see that. I hate to see anybody suffering like that.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

At least Tammy Faye is now in heaven and free of pain and she was able to share God's love here on earth.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 07-23-2007 at 08:28 AM. Reason: typo

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Tammy Faye's is a case of death being a welcomed friend for her. The misery has finally been defeated. Death is not always a bad thing.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-23-2007 at 11:05 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And The Winner Is Drew Carey! Price Is Right Has New Host!

CTV.ca | Drew Carey tapped to host 'The Price is Right'
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2487230;
    And The Winner Is Drew Carey! Price Is Right Has New Host!

CTV.ca | Drew Carey tapped to host 'The Price is Right'
    I honestly think that was a BAD decision before CBS saw how the public reacted to his game show hosting duties on this "Power of 10" show. He may indeed be perfect, but how do you KNOW before people have seen him do it? And when they had SUCH an easy way to test that--something already made which was going to show anyway--why didn't they wait?

Dumb. This may work out fine for them, but it was still DUMB.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I know they were probably looking for someone who has already famous, but it would have been interesting to have an unknown get TPIR hosting job.

I think Drew Carey is a bad choice too. He's much to smug and smarmy for my taste and is certainly a HUGE step down from Bob Barker. The Price is Right should be hosted by someone who is just a nice person and I think Drew Carey is too much of a smart ass for the job. No one is going to be able to fill Bob's shoes, but it seems like they didn't look very hard before they hired his replacement.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I'm not so sure about that Krom. Many viewers are already pretty familiar with Drew's style, from Whose Line Is It Anyway?, and also from the first season of Last Comic Standing. When he stormed off after letting the producers have it, he struck a blow for all of us who want to be entertained, not suckered. I think he'll do great.

Sorry, slow typer, I should have quoted Krom (#1867)
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

+ Reply to Thread