+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4597Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Beyonce has said that she wants an Oscar, a Grammy and a Tony. UGH!

Beyonce in Aida?

Sorry, I'm not gettin' on that particular gravy train, thank you.

I don't have anything at all against her. Matter of fact, I'll even own up to having paid for one of her CDs.

And yes, I do like the music.

But, IMHO, her taking a whack at Aida is kind of like trying to wrap my mind around the idea of the Devil playing ice hockey in hell. Maybe it'll work, but . . .

Nothing personal, I'm just not getting an Aida vibe off the lady.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I could see Beyonce in the Amneris role -- privileged, a bit entitled, and princessy she could do. But in the humility and simplicity that is required for Aida? Not seeing it. And of course, if Beyonce were to accept the supporting role, then she risks being upstaged again. Although you never know -- in Beyonce's mind, it could be the supporting aspect of Effie in Dreamgirls that got Jennifer Hudson the accolades rather than Jennifer's flat out talent for the role. If that is the case, maybe she'd be driven to do it.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2479041;
    Why do celebrities have to have multiple careers?
    Because they are surrounded by "yes" men/women that constantly tell them how great-wonderful-special they are. The giant egos get fed constantly. No one wants to risk being booted from the gravy train for saying "nah, I don't think that's a good idea".

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2480561;
    Because they are surrounded by "yes" men/women that constantly tell them how great-wonderful-special they are. The giant egos get fed constantly. No one wants to risk being booted from the gravy train for saying "nah, I don't think that's a good idea".
    Too true.

Too, too true.

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Thought some of you might get a kick out of this. Last night I was at The Rainbow in LA, after going to a farewell concert, and sitting in the booth right behind me was Paris Hilton and friends. She was complaining about people talking pictures, drinking, and talking loud enough on her cell phone that she could be heard over all the music, the group of 15 I was with and anyone in our part of the place.

Lots of celebs go out this place and Tommy Lee was there as well, but it amused us that she was in the table beside us.

My assessment from casual observation is that she hasn't changed one bit.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 07-18-2007 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Be is good word to use.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Big shock there!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2480561;
    I have a list of celebrities I would like to meet so that I could tell them "No" regarding certain career moves. JLo, no more singing for you.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2479749;
    It might be just my take on things, but I tend to believe every singer/actor, true or not, wants accolades (and money, of course).

It should be given to someone with an iota of acting talent not just someone looking to polish her mantle. Their are tons of Actors/singers out there who can deliver (Chenoweth), B ins't one, or at the very least she can sing but she can't act. Somebody seriously needs to send her Mariah's movie Glitter.

Anyway, i heard that a blind item was posted about a just out of rehab starlet(because it isn't obvious) who found away to score some extacy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2480547;
    I could see Beyonce in the Amneris role -- privileged, a bit entitled, and princessy she could do. But in the humility and simplicity that is required for Aida? Not seeing it. And of course, if Beyonce were to accept the supporting role, then she risks being upstaged again. Although you never know -- in Beyonce's mind, it could be the supporting aspect of Effie in Dreamgirls that got Jennifer Hudson the accolades rather than Jennifer's flat out talent for the role. If that is the case, maybe she'd be driven to do it.
    No no no no no... not even Amneris. Amneris is privileged, entitled, and princessy...but FUNNY. No Beyonce. Not even as the rebel slave girl. Nowhere. DO NOT RUIN MY MUSICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread