+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Archie, I certainly hope she can succeed with staying sober. She's not a favorite of mine, but I'm hoping she can get straightened out before its too late. And of the three stooges (Paris, Nicole and Lindsey) she definitely has more talent in one freckle than the other two have in their whole bodies.

This is all well and good if alcohol was Lindsay Lohan's only problem. What about the drug issues? The bracelet doesn't test for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2478166;
    This is all well and good if alcohol was Lindsay Lohan's only problem. What about the drug issues? The bracelet doesn't test for that.
    Amen, Broadway

Also, call it the cynic in me, but I see this as nothing but yet another publicity ploy for Lindsay. First, those SCRAM ankle devices are so common among celebs in Hollywood right now, they're the new fashion in some circles, and the place we usually see the celebs showing theirs off are as they're being videotaped going into clubs and/or then later coming out of clubs as they're pretty obviously a few sheets to the wind. "Going to rehab" and wearing those SCRAMS are the current two hottest items on the Celeb To-Do List for Keeping Your Name in the Media.

If Lindsay were serious in the least about maintaining her sobriety, she would stay out of the clubs for at least a while after coming out of her latest In-N-Out Rehab vacation. But she can't even do that. Within hours of walking out the rehab door officially, she's back into the night clubs being photographed surrounded by drinks and alcohol and partying down with her pals yet again. I'm not saying she drank that night -- nor am I saying she didn't. I'm just saying that if she were serious, she wouldn't be putting herself smack in the middle of her usual drinking/snorting party places already.

It would be nice if she could finally get sober, get off the drugs, and maintain that permanently, or even for awhile, but she hasn't yet shown any real conviction to changing her ways. And I don't wish it for her because I think she's too talented to go to waste -- because of all her movies I've seen, I have yet to see any real talent -- but because if she doesn't straighten up, she's going to kill someone with a vehicle, or do a River Phoenix on herself. If nothing else, you'd think the shallow wannabeastar would lay off and sober up to try to recover whatever she can in her looks.. because right now the 21 year old looks like a used-up 40 year old hooker who's been walking streets since her teens, and has the heavy smoker's rasp voice to go with it. The girl needs to start getting serious -- really serious, not the for-the-media-serious -- about getting her body healthy and her mind straightened out.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2478439;
    If Lindsay were serious in the least about maintaining her sobriety, she would stay out of the clubs for at least a while after coming out of her latest In-N-Out Rehab vacation. But she can't even do that. Within hours of walking out the rehab door officially, she's back into the night clubs being photographed surrounded by drinks and alcohol and partying down with her pals yet again. I'm not saying she drank that night -- nor am I saying she didn't. I'm just saying that if she were serious, she wouldn't be putting herself smack in the middle of her usual drinking/snorting party places already.
    Well said. That's basically why I care so little for these celebrities who seem to think a short stint cures all. If it's a real problem, as I'm assuming Lindsey's addiction was, then it takes a complete lifestyle change, at least in the beginning. The drugs and booze so readily available to her before rehab will still be there, and say what you will, but I don't see her having the strength of character to not indulge if it's right there in front of her... She's putting herself right back in the same situation and thinks she can now handle it? Forgive me, but I ain't buying that load of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2478646;
    Well said. That's basically why I care so little for these celebrities who seem to think a short stint cures all. If it's a real problem, as I'm assuming Lindsey's addiction was, then it takes a complete lifestyle change, at least in the beginning. The drugs and booze so readily available to her before rehab will still be there, and say what you will, but I don't see her having the strength of character to not indulge if it's right there in front of her... She's putting herself right back in the same situation and thinks she can now handle it? Forgive me, but I ain't buying that load of BS.
    Although I despise how she acts, Lindsey Lohan is one of the ones I feel the most sorry for. Yes, she's years out of her mother's questionable keeping and those excuses only go so far. But her mother is such a piece of garbage, its almost like Lindsey was raised by Wolves. Raised with no sense of accountability, no responsibility beyond earning Mommy some money to go party herself, few ethics, no self-control, no role model, and almost certainly no real sense of love.

Compare this to Paris, who no matter what you think of the elder Hiltons, clearly had opportunities to turn out better than she did. Her parents clearly do love her, I think, and in their own way seem to have at least TRIED to do right by her. With her, it was more about being disconnected from Reality--the world that the rest of us live in--and not being all that smart. I feel less sorry for her than La Lohan though, in many ways, because all Paris has to do to be a better person is... just be a better person. Lindsey doesn't have the resources--mental, physical, emotional or familial--to change.

Britney is the one who I vacillate most on. She's the Greek tragedy. Lindsey's doom is far too obvious for that.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2478939;
    Although I despise how she acts, Lindsey Lohan is one of the ones I feel the most sorry for. Yes, she's years out of her mother's questionable keeping and those excuses only go so far. But her mother is such a piece of garbage, its almost like Lindsey was raised by Wolves. Raised with no sense of accountability, no responsibility beyond earning Mommy some money to go party herself, few ethics, no self-control, no role model, and almost certainly no real sense of love.

Compare this to Paris, who no matter what you think of the elder Hiltons, clearly had opportunities to turn out better than she did. Her parents clearly do love her, I think, and in their own way seem to have at least TRIED to do right by her. With her, it was more about being disconnected from Reality--the world that the rest of us live in--and not being all that smart. I feel less sorry for her than La Lohan though, in many ways, because all Paris has to do to be a better person is... just be a better person. Lindsey doesn't have the resources--mental, physical, emotional or familial--to change.

Britney is the one who I vacillate most on. She's the Greek tragedy. Lindsey's doom is far too obvious for that.
    I see the distinction you're making there, while I'm not sure that I'd draw it quite as broadly as you have. I agree with you that Dina Lohan has seen Lindsay as her ticket to the life she wanted, which makes her worse than Rick and Kathy Hilton. But are Rick and Kathy not guilty of that because of their concern for their child(ren)? Or because they had access to that life on their own - thanks to his dad? Paris and Nikki essentially started this whole "famous for no reason at all" movement, and they started it young enough that it had to be at the blessing of their parents. You can't tell a 25 year old to be home by midnight, but you can tell a 17 year old to get her hiney out of the clubs. Not to mention that while Rick has adeptly done it very quietly, not garnering the attention of someone like Joe Simpson, he has been behind the scenes negotiating publicity deals for Paris. So they're certainly pimping their daughter out -- they just don't have as much at stake as Dina does.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Beyonce to star in movie musical

Overshadowed by Jennifer Hudson in "Dreamgirls", singing sensation Beyonce Knowles is reportedly set to star in another big-screen musical.

The former "Destiny's Child" front-woman is in talks with Walt Disney Studios to star in "Aida", a musical-drama based on Giuseppe Verdi's Italian opera.

"Aida" follows a Nubian princess who is captured by an Egyptian captain, Radames. When they fall in love, he makes her a handmaiden to the Egyptian princess Amneris, his future bride.

The musical features songs by Elton John, with lyrics by Tim Rice.
    Link

Why do celebrities have to have multiple careers? I can see starting in theater and branching out. Theater stars are far more likely to have real talent compared to Hollywood stars. I would hate to see (hear) Beyonce warble and screech her way through this. She was subdued in Dreamgirls, but she couldn't help but be overshadowed by Jennifer Hudson. Did I mention that she's not that great of an actress?

OMG OMG OMG... I've been hoping that they'll eventually make Aida into a movie!!!! But BEYONCE? Ugh.

Aida is one of my favorite Broadway musicals... please don't ruin it by casting her! The best thing they could do is hire Heather Headley and Idina Menzel for the two roles that they performed best on Bway and get a well known man to play Radames.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I hope they pass on her, seriously, hire a true singer/actor. Not a celebrity who just wants accolades. And no, i don't believe this girl can't act her way out of a paper bag.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

It might be just my take on things, but I tend to believe every singer/actor, true or not, wants accolades (and money, of course).
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread