+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5195Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I watched her interviews on Jay Leno and E and find her to be completely adorable. I'm surprised.

My sister said the same thing Broadway. She mentionned something about people thinking she's stuck up, but she admitted she doesn't take herself too seriously.
    Personnaly, I think David B. coming to America will have a huge advantage in promoting this wonderful sport that is soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2474117;
    Personnaly, I think David B. coming to America will have a huge advantage in promoting this wonderful sport that is soccer.
    I wish I could believe that. But, sadly, I'm old as the hills, and I remember Pele coming here and the upshot (if you could even call it that) of a major yawn on the part of the United States sports audiences.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I did see a part of the Leno interview and she did seem like a nice, down to earth person. If only she would smile in all those photos. The Beckhams have just been so over-hyped that I was getting sick of them before they even got to their new home.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm still looking for that 'yawn' smilie.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2474060;
    I watched her interviews on Jay Leno and E and find her to be completely adorable. I'm surprised.
    I agree that she's charming, but there remains the fact that she has no discernible talent. She couldn't really sing or dance. There's no sign that she can act. She doesn't do emceeing or hosting as far as I know. What does she DO? WHY were there legions of people mobbing her and a husband who plays a sport which nobody in this country pays attention to? Its a mystery.

And at least part of that charm I think is that we Americans are suckers for British accents. Add to that the fact that she's really skinny, tan and good looking, and that's about the size of things.

I wish her well, but I'm still waiting to see what she does with the attention she's garnering. I certainly don't believe its as much of a surprise to her as she's said it is.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2474117;
    Don't bet the house on that. Unless he can figure out a way to up the scoring, soccer will continue to have a tough time in this country. I don't see many new fans out of this, aside from the people that find him hot

I remember being a huge fan when the spice girls came out and bought their CD's. I always thought she was probably the least talented of the five since she didn't seem to get many or any solos in their songs.

However, anyone willing to be a Spice Girl and make the movie "Spice World" has got to have a pretty decent sense of humor about themselves.

I for one cannot imagine smiling for the hundreds of paparazzi shots we see. She is photographed it seems 24/7. How in the world can she be expected to smile for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2473922;
    Don't they have three kids? That's a bit far for a "bearding" to go...
    And? Whatever to maintain an image no matter what the expense. My point is that he's aware of his looks and is quite into himself. I'm turned off by guys who spend time primping themselves a bit much.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2474590;
    I agree that she's charming, but there remains the fact that she has no discernible talent. She couldn't really sing or dance. There's no sign that she can act. She doesn't do emceeing or hosting as far as I know. What does she DO? WHY were there legions of people mobbing her and a husband who plays a sport which nobody in this country pays attention to? Its a mystery.

And at least part of that charm I think is that we Americans are suckers for British accents. Add to that the fact that she's really skinny, tan and good looking, and that's about the size of things.

I wish her well, but I'm still waiting to see what she does with the attention she's garnering. I certainly don't believe its as much of a surprise to her as she's said it is.

Unfortunately, there are far too many people in this country that are famous for doing absolutely nothing. Victoria Beckham at least has a musical career under her belt, however well warranted. And I'll take her warm and charming personality any day over the likes of Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. I'll take her personality any day over the likes of many that DO have a current career.

+ Reply to Thread