+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 1105 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728681185181018 ... LastLast
Like Tree4629Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Thanks for posting the scan. for the producers. If they are going to shell out a huge paycheck for her, they better get a return on their investment.

Typical Hollywood-speak: deny, deny, deny. Put it in writing and hit them in the pocketbook and they'll pay attention!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    She deserves to be scolded. She's no longer a kid.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    She deserves to be scolded. She's no longer a kid.
    Exactly, if you want to be treated like an adult (as she claims), then behave like one. Know your lines, show up to work on time and save the partying until AFTER the film's wrapped. I blame her mother/manager for a good chunk of all this. Lindsay's an adult now (20, isn't she?)--older than a lot of our boys and girls who are sent off to Iraq--but it seems her mother pretty much has been letting her do whatever she wanted ever since Lindsay got famous. Her mom rationalizes everything Lindsay does... Oh, what teenage girl doesn't drink and party all night? Oh, what girl doesn't diet and watch her weight? etc. etc. etc.

ETA: All these celebs that claim exhaustion... I'm sure that some of them actually are workaholics who go from one project to the next and don't get much sleep etc. But most, I would guess, are pampered much more than the average worker. They're being chauffeured to and from the set, getting their meals prepared, having maids clean their homes and nannies take care of their children. Not that there's anything wrong with that. If I was super rich, I'd lead a pampered life as well. But I'll give you exhaustion...Have these people go work in bleak factory for a few months or outside doing construction work in the blazing heat. I go to work in a nice little air-conditioned office every day and even when I have a crappy day, I'm thankful that I'm not outside doing actual hard labor that would do me in.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 07-29-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Well said Lois Lane. I agree with everything you said. The contrast in maturity between some of these celebs and the young people in our military is wider than the Grand Canyon. I would love to see celebrities be forced to sit down and watch the show Dirty Jobs on the Discovery channel.

It seems to be a trend that celebrities and sports figures seldom take responsiblity for their actions. Any regular joe schmo would be fired from their job for acting the way some of these people do.

It just goes to show that all the money and celebrity status in the world doesn't make you happy or a good person. Shame.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Thanks rt1ky. The summer after my first year of college, I was too slow about getting a job for that summer so all the good summer jobs were taken. I thought my parents would let me sit at home and loaf around (they tended to spoil me). Nuh uh. They said they were already paying my tuition, I was 18, get off my butt and get a job. I took the only job I could get--working on a factory assembly line. I've never worked such a tedious and difficult job in my life. The next year, you can bet I was searching for a summer job MONTHS ahead of time and I got a much better summer job that paid better and was in a nice air conditioned office (hey, I live in Chicago--the humidity here can kill ya! Air conditioning's a big deal to me!). I always said that if I ever had kids, I'd want them to work one summer at a really difficult job so they'd appreciate their good fortune.
    Your earlier post mentioned Lohan's mother;

Lindsay Lohan's mom scolds exec for letter

A studio executive was "way out of line" for scolding Lindsay Lohan for her absences from the set of her new movie, the teen actress' mother told "Access Hollywood" in an interview set to air Monday.

Last week, James G. Robinson, CEO of Morgan Creek Productions, chided Lohan in a letter for her behavior on a movie set and doubted her absence was related to heat exhaustion.

"You and your representatives have told us that your various late arrivals and absences from the set have been the result of illness; today we were told it was 'heat exhaustion,'" Robinson wrote. "We are well aware that your ongoing all night heavy partying is the real reason for your so-called 'exhaustion.'"

Dina Lohan said the wording of the letter was "ridiculous."

"I feel when you are 19 (years old) it is way out of line. ... Maybe he has personal issues with whomever and it came out with my child," she said in an interview with Billy Bush. "I don't know him. I can't judge him. I don't think it was a smart thing to do to a young girl."

Lohan acknowledged that Lindsay has been late to the set on occasion and that the production once had to be scheduled around her to accommodate her lateness.

But she defended her daughter's most recent absence.

"Lindsay was in 105 (degree weather) saying, 'Mommy, I feel sick; like I am going to faint.' She took herself to the hospital. She has asthma and in extreme cold or heat you can't breathe."

Lohan plays a troubled teen in "Georgia Rules," which also stars Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman. Robinson said in the letter that Lohan has been frequently late for filming and has been "discourteous, irresponsible and unprofessional."

He said that if Lohan does not honor her commitments, the studio will pursue "full monetary damages."

Lohan, the star of "Freaky Friday" and "Herbie: Fully Loaded," was treated at hospitals twice in January in London for a cut on her leg and in the Miami area for an asthma attack. In 2005, she was hospitalized for exhaustion and lost a noticeable amount of weight.

Lohan was back on the set of "Georgia Rule" without incident Thursday according to the trade publication "Hollywood Reporter."
    Yahoo News

If she has asthma, then why doesn't her mommy tell her to stop smoking? Also, during extreme heat you can go into a cool building (I'm guessing the Hollywood studios can afford air conditioners and fans) and take you rescue medication. You should get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids, just like everyone else. It shouldn't lead to heat exhaustion. You shouldn't be out partying all night and should avoid alcohol. This goes for anyone, not just asthmatics.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    You know, maybe she really did suffer from heat exhaustion...but my guess is that Lindsay's mother would COVER for her regardless. Lindsay's her meal ticket. The mom is Lindsay's manager so she gets a cut of everything Lindsay makes...so if the daughter says she wants to smoke and party, then the mom seems to just go along with it 'cause she doesn't want to rock the boat. She's probably afraid that if she rocks the boat, Lindsay will fire her and hire a new manager.

Also, at 19, most of those kids could out last any of us in this heat. When I ran track in high school, we ran outside no matter what--the coach gave us breaks to drink water/Gatorade and then told us to keep running. And yes, occasionally it did hit the 100's.

I think if this was just a one-shot deal, people might give her the benefit of the doubt. But didn't she also cancel an appearance on "Live with Regis and Kelly" just an hour or two before she was supposed to go on because she was "sick?" And then she was photographed at a club later that evening.

Also, the mom talks about Lindsay as if she's a child. And she's actually 20, not 19. (Nice try, mom.) She can vote and she's old enough to serve in the military. And Lindsay keeps saying how she's tired of playing the teen queen roles and wants to play adult roles like Scarlett Johannson and Natalie Portman. Well--if you want to be treated like an adult than that means behaving like one. And to me, she' still acting like a child. And her mother's encouraging that behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Lindsay keeps saying how she's tired of playing the teen queen roles and wants to play adult roles like Scarlett Johannson and Natalie Portman. Well--if you want to be treated like an adult than that means behaving like one. And to me, she' still acting like a child. And her mother's encouraging that behavior.
    Absolutely. She's giving lip service to wanting more adult roles, but she's still pulling this crap like she's a kid. Here she is being scolded by her boss and her mother is sticking up for her. Not really how an adult handles things, is it? If she wants to be taken seriously, she needs to behave like she takes her career seriously - sort of the behavioral equivalent of "dressing for the job you want." Yes, she's still a kid and kids like to have fun and party. However, when is the last time you saw Natalie Portman in a tabloid story about drinking and partying?

I think Lindsay has some talent, but she's also a complete nitwit. Any time I've seen her interviewed, she comes across as a total idiot - she can barely put together a coherent thought. I'm not a big fan of Hilary Duff either, but at least she gives an okay interview and speaks like a normal person.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread