+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5261Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2468165;
    Ah, but the publicity and opportunity to highlight Eva over her other DH co-stars will last a lifetime.

To me, she's a nothing and a nobody. DH isn't even the #1 show on tv anymore( i read that the ratings took a slide this past season). Everything that i consider ostentatious and superfluous turns me off in the worst way. Even if she gets more publicity then the other actresses, She's not the one with a Golden Globe and an Oscar nomination. She's no Felicity nor do i believe she can match the talent.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

only until Nicolette's wedding, which is scheduled later this year - right?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2468179;
    only until Nicolette's wedding, which is scheduled later this year - right?
    Oh, don't you worry! You KNOW that when Nicolette and Michael get married, comparisons will be made to Eva and Tony's wedding. That of course will mean MORE PUBLICITY for Eva!!!!

In fact, I bet that Eva is conspiring as we speak to ensure that Terri Hatcher will marry soon, so there can be some "Terri's wedding wasn't nearly as big as Eva's" stories too.

It would be interesting if they all ended up divorced by the end of this show(except for Felicity).
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

There was no mention of a prenup in any of the stories, was there? I think Eva had to pay her ex some money, didn't she? I'm guessing Tony has more money than Eva...and their career expectancy is probably about the same since he can only play while he's young and healthy; and she will lose jobs once she gets older and loses her figure...

And aren't I the one who said talking about money was tacky?!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Boring, boring, boring!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

IGN: Everybody Cut

Everybody Cut
    High School Musical star set for Footloose redo.
    by IGN Staff

July 11, 2007 - Paramount Pictures is moving ahead with their plans for a movie musical remake of the 1984 hit Footloose.

The new movie, which first emerged back in 2003, is being developed as a starring vehicle for High School Musical star Zac Efron who makes his feature acting debut in this weekend's Hairspray.

The original film starred Kevin Bacon as a city boy who moves to small town where rock music and dancing have been banned. The soundtrack featured a slew of hit songs, but they were primarily heard in the background. The new version will bring the songs to the forefront by having the film's young cast sing and dance the musical numbers.

High School Musical helmer Kenny Ortega is in talk to direct and choreograph the flick.

When the studio's first stab at the redo was launched, the plan was for four new songs to be penned by Dean Pitchford, the original's writer. But this is a whole new ballgame, and it's not clear whether or not that's still the plan.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2467270;

Tonight the entertainment shows have been full of coverage of Tony and Eva's wedding. They've detailed how much was spent on various things - $100,000 for flowers, $1M to rent Vaux le Vicomte (where the reception was held), $75,000 for the dress, God knows how much for Van Cleef and Arpels bracelets for each of the female guests and on and on. Sorry, but I find it all very offensive. Yes, they have a right to spend their money however they want to, but I can't help thinking of the other, much more worthwhile IMO, things that money could be used for.
    I agree. It also bugs me that celebrities allow all of this $$ information to be released to the media about their events and then ask for privacy on the big day. You can't promote the build up and then keep people out. You can't have it both ways when it comes to stuff like this. Especially if you are responsible for getting the media interested with all the details.

LG.

I thought it was funny that in the last couple of episodes of DH last season they focused on Gabby's wedding and Susan's wedding and how catty they were about the dates and the details and then they allowed Susan a "classy move" by planning a late night in the middle of the woods wedding with Mike. Seemed to me to be a little commentary aimed at more than just the characters.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Actress Eva Longoria has called her wedding to Tony Parker 'quite simple, traditional and personal', though the couple coughed up millions for the ceremony.

Last week, about 200 guests witnessed the Desperate Housewives star tie the knot with her basketball player beau at a French castle.

The 32-year-old wore a 10 ft long dress that cost 37 thousand pounds.
    Link

I guess it cost millions of dollars to have a simple wedding, if your a celebrity.

+ Reply to Thread