+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5017Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2467802;
    I'm sure the money they got for selling their wedding pictures will more than cover their expenses. And I wouldn't be surprised if some companies threw in freebies in order to get mentioned; I know L'Oreal made up some special lipstick shade for the wedding. All seems rather much.
    There's no doubt the companies donated items in return for mentions. Otherwise, the women attending would have received "bracelets" rather than "Gorgeous gold bracelets decorated with a charm designed just for the event from Van Cleef and Arpels of Beverly Hills" ... which were amazingly described in the SAME way by every show covering the wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2467307;
    I believe Hayden was a gymnast when she was younger (and she's only 17 now), and her body is built like a gymnast's--you need powerful legs to do a lot of those tumbling passes. If you look at a lot of dancers, their legs are thicker than a supermodel's. Hayden looks slender, fit, and healthy to me. I'd want to look like her more than someone skeletal like Nicole Ritchie or Paris Hilton who probably couldn't run a mile if their lives depended on it.

I really hope she doesn't diet to lose her curves and that she doesn't get implants.
    Agreed. Take a peek at her beach picture on people.com in today's photos (right now it's pic#3 with her boyfriend). She looks amazing!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Tonight the entertainment shows have been full of coverage of Tony and Eva's wedding. They've detailed how much was spent on various things - $100,000 for flowers, $1M to rent Vaux le Vicomte (where the reception was held), $75,000 for the dress, God knows how much for Van Cleef and Arpels bracelets for each of the female guests and on and on. Sorry, but I find it all very offensive. Yes, they have a right to spend their money however they want to, but I can't help thinking of the other, much more worthwhile IMO, things that money could be used for.
    ITA. The other detail I found ridiculous was that, reportedly, they had Hummer limos brought over from California to ferry the guests around. I suppose that the Live Earth concert was the same weekend was lost on them. (And is just me, but does everyone else go to "Old Wheel of Fortune" every time you hear "Van Cleef and Arpels"? I just flash on tacky cloisonné dalmatians with diamond eyes with the mere mention of that name. )

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I think it's tacky to disclose how much you spent on your wedding or how much the gift you gave the couple cost. I saw a thing that said Mario Lopez gave the bride and groom some expensive jewelry...first thing I was thinking was, "How does he even have that kind of money?" The second thing I thought was, "I'll bet the jeweler gave it to him to give to Eva and Tony, on the condition that Mario mentioned that it was a blah and blah piece of jewelry valued at a gazillion dollars!"

I think most of us commoners realize that celebs spend a ton of money on their dresses, jewelry etc. When I got married, I didn't announce how much the food cost or how much my dress cost or how much our hotel cost at the resort we went to for our honeymoon. Granted, nobody would've cared... But I think that's it's just implied by it being a celeb wedding that it cost a ton. Why the need to disclose how much it cost? It's just tacky.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2467904;
    I think it's tacky to disclose how much you spent on your wedding or how much the gift you gave the couple cost. I saw a thing that said Mario Lopez gave the bride and groom some expensive jewelry...first thing I was thinking was, "How does he even have that kind of money?" The second thing I thought was, "I'll bet the jeweler gave it to him to give to Eva and Tony, on the condition that Mario mentioned that it was a blah and blah piece of jewelry valued at a gazillion dollars!"

I think most of us commoners realize that celebs spend a ton of money on their dresses, jewelry etc. When I got married, I didn't announce how much the food cost or how much my dress cost or how much our hotel cost at the resort we went to for our honeymoon. Granted, nobody would've cared... But I think that's it's just implied by it being a celeb wedding that it cost a ton. Why the need to disclose how much it cost? It's just tacky.

They have to disclose it because it's supposed to make us wish that much more that we were them instead of ourselves? Doesn't it work? I was planning on going out today to chop off half my legs, and then sit in front of the mirror admiring myself and telling myself how great I am, so that I can be short and conceited, just like Eva.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2467904;
    Why the need to disclose how much it cost? It's just tacky.
    I think the answer to that is simple: A great number of people want to know, whether they admit to it or not.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I'm cheap so I'd rather know how someone planned a great wedding at half the cost! Anyhow, I'm sure she made a lovely bride. But Tony is so young. I don't see them being able to handle a marriage... But I hope the beat the odds and stay married. They'd have cute babies, that's for sure!

FORT Fanatic

I think the bracelets are supposed to retail for about $700 which really isn't completely tragic for a nice piece of jewelry. I was surprised.
    I do think it is entertaining to hear about the fantasy details, not so much the price but the different details for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2467993;
    I'm cheap so I'd rather know how someone planned a great wedding at half the cost! Anyhow, I'm sure she made a lovely bride. But Tony is so young. I don't see them being able to handle a marriage... But I hope the beat the odds and stay married. They'd have cute babies, that's for sure!

It's funny that you should say that. I think this was a big extravagant wedding(they always turn me off) for something that might not even last.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2468158;
    It's funny that you should say that. I think this was a big extravagant wedding(they always turn me off) for something that might not even last.
    Ah, but the publicity and opportunity to highlight Eva over her other DH co-stars will last a lifetime.

+ Reply to Thread