+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5280Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Looks to me like she's following the latest trend. Babies are, as her friend Paris would say..."hot" right now.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2466767;
    My guess is that if this pregnancy wasn't intentional, it's because a lot of people are reckless when they have sex. The, "I won't get pregnant!" syndrome. They either don't use birth control or don't use them consistently or rely on old wives tales to NOT get pregnant. The sad thing is it's so easy to get pregnant at that age (mid 20's) and so difficult to get pregnant at mine (39). But hey, life's not fair right? I do hope that this baby is born healthy.
    I know you're right, but it seems as if there just aren't as many "oops" babies in Hollywood as in the rest of the real world, and if that's what this one really was/is, I'm surprised she's actually having it. I know that sounds harsh and all, but it would surprise me less to find out a celebrity like Nicole terminated a pregnancy than it does to know she's having a child. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that given the availability for that sort of procedure, and her penchant for the party scene and irresponsible lifestyle... well, the only way this pregnancy makes sense is if she's using it for something. And even in the best of circumstances, I'm not a fan of rushing into pregnancies, and to me, a 6 mo relationship is definitely rushing babies.

Lois, it certainly isn't fair, and I know it must really chap your hide to see this sort of thing happen all the time so easily for some, seemingly undeservedly. My heart goes out to you.

I was just at The Superficial, a site with all the gossip. Anyway, they had pics of Hayden Panatierre (the cheerleader on Heroes) in her bikini at the beach and everyone was slamming her because she is what they call bottom heavy and flat chested. Am I crazy to think society is going to hell in a handbag? That girl is adorable! She has an athletic figure and while she is in no way, shape, or form...fat, you can't count her ribs either. She's one of the few 'healthy' girls in Hollywood and they are calling her fat. It's ridiculous!

Sorry...I just had to rant. It ticked me off.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2466830;
    I know you're right, but it seems as if there just aren't as many "oops" babies in Hollywood as in the rest of the real world, and if that's what this one really was/is, I'm surprised she's actually having it. I know that sounds harsh and all, but it would surprise me less to find out a celebrity like Nicole terminated a pregnancy than it does to know she's having a child. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that given the availability for that sort of procedure, and her penchant for the party scene and irresponsible lifestyle... well, the only way this pregnancy makes sense is if she's using it for something. And even in the best of circumstances, I'm not a fan of rushing into pregnancies, and to me, a 6 mo relationship is definitely rushing babies.

Lois, it certainly isn't fair, and I know it must really chap your hide to see this sort of thing happen all the time so easily for some, seemingly undeservedly. My heart goes out to you.
    I think that what may appear as less oops babies is a reflection of the unreal world that Hollywood is more so than it being the way it actually is. First, I think there are many "oops" babies that are spun as being very intentional. Can we really be expected to believe that there are that many more couples in Hollywood who do baby first then marriage (Reese and Ryan, Jen and Ben, Kerry Russell, Heath and Michele, Naomi Watts and the tall guy whose name totally escapes me at the moment, and the list goes on and on). Second, there's a large part of me that wonders if abortion is not more widely accepted and practiced in Hollywood than it is in the rest of the country.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2467043;
    I was just at The Superficial, a site with all the gossip. Anyway, they had pics of Hayden Panatierre (the cheerleader on Heroes) in her bikini at the beach and everyone was slamming her because she is what they call bottom heavy and flat chested. Am I crazy to think society is going to hell in a handbag? That girl is adorable! She has an athletic figure and while she is in no way, shape, or form...fat, you can't count her ribs either. She's one of the few 'healthy' girls in Hollywood and they are calling her fat. It's ridiculous!

This doesn't surprise me at all, unfortunately. I hope she doesn't let such comments affect her. You're right - she is adorable.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2467220;
    This doesn't surprise me at all, unfortunately. I hope she doesn't let such comments affect her. You're right - she is adorable.
    I hope she doesn't become the next actress to become dangerously thin. She's completely adorable and her boyfriend (and I'm sure lots of other guys) seems to think she looks just fine the way she is.

Tonight the entertainment shows have been full of coverage of Tony and Eva's wedding. They've detailed how much was spent on various things - $100,000 for flowers, $1M to rent Vaux le Vicomte (where the reception was held), $75,000 for the dress, God knows how much for Van Cleef and Arpels bracelets for each of the female guests and on and on. Sorry, but I find it all very offensive. Yes, they have a right to spend their money however they want to, but I can't help thinking of the other, much more worthwhile IMO, things that money could be used for.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2467043;

Her chest is fine. And her face is quite lovely. Even her thighs don't look that bad from the front, only a tiny bit from the back.

So she needs a personal trainer to spend a few hours a week with her. Big deal. Overall she's still a PYT. People are ridiculous.

And that site seems to being even meaner to Mandy Moore, a few posts down. Jeez.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I believe Hayden was a gymnast when she was younger (and she's only 17 now), and her body is built like a gymnast's--you need powerful legs to do a lot of those tumbling passes. If you look at a lot of dancers, their legs are thicker than a supermodel's. Hayden looks slender, fit, and healthy to me. I'd want to look like her more than someone skeletal like Nicole Ritchie or Paris Hilton who probably couldn't run a mile if their lives depended on it.

I really hope she doesn't diet to lose her curves and that she doesn't get implants.

I remember reading about how Christina Ricci (when she was around 16 or 17) said she was horrified by all the comments about her being "fat" --and she only wore a size 4 or 6 at the time. She admits she had anorexia and still deals with eating issues--as she will for her entire life. And for what? So she can look like a lollipop?

I think it's great when naturally thin people are just thin and lanky. Great for them! But gees--what has the world come to when people are taking pot shots at a 17-year-old teenager?! It's more important to be FIT and healthy than to be skinny.

(Thank you remote_goddess. I appreciate it.)

So i was at Socialite's life reading that Apparently, Denise Richards was expecting an engagement ring and not the shaft from Sambora. Does she also want a pat on the back for dating a former friend's husband? Karma, denise Karma.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2467270;
    Tonight the entertainment shows have been full of coverage of Tony and Eva's wedding. They've detailed how much was spent on various things - $100,000 for flowers, $1M to rent Vaux le Vicomte (where the reception was held), $75,000 for the dress, God knows how much for Van Cleef and Arpels bracelets for each of the female guests and on and on. Sorry, but I find it all very offensive. Yes, they have a right to spend their money however they want to, but I can't help thinking of the other, much more worthwhile IMO, things that money could be used for.
    I'm sure the money they got for selling their wedding pictures will more than cover their expenses. And I wouldn't be surprised if some companies threw in freebies in order to get mentioned; I know L'Oreal made up some special lipstick shade for the wedding. All seems rather much.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread