+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

According to the article, she's four months along. And her court date is not scheduled in the immediate future, which means she'd be further along. Not to mention the liability risks the county assumes if she's pregnant in their care ... which also takes into account that the pregnancy could be / should be categorized as high risk simply because shes ... well, Nicole.

I thought her court date was delayed until this Wednesday, July 11? When did it get put off again?

There are literally hundreds of pregnant women in the LA jail system at this point in time with any number of health risks. I'm sure one more won't be an incredible liability.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2465625;
    I thought her court date was delayed until this Wednesday, July 11? When did it get put off again?

There are literally hundreds of pregnant women in the LA jail system at this point in time with any number of health risks. I'm sure one more won't be an incredible liability.
    No, not an incredible bank breaking liability -- but a liability nonetheless. Obviously, the judge has to take into consideration all the details of each case. When a woman is accused of, say, murder, rather than DUI, its more pressing that she be in jail if she's considered a threat to society by being free. If a woman is low-income, or a known current drug abuser, without access to good pre-natal care, having her in jail may be a better thing for the baby. But those circumstances are different from someone like Nicole who may need to serve time, but its exclusively a punishment rather than a protection for society AND she can get access to and maintain her own pre-natal care. The point the article made which I repeated is that it could very well play into the decision making process because it would be cost effective to wait. That does not mean it will happen -- simply that it may make sense to do so.

That's a mighty educational article they have there in USWeekly, Veruka.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Some of her 'friends' are saying that she's only around 7-8 weeks into it which would be understandable for her not to say anything since i've heard alot of talking after the twelve weeks have been reached. If she is she wants to avoid any scrutiny no matter what the outcome. And if she is, more publicity for her later on. Btw, Us Weekly is the one trying to make it seem as if Nicole spoke of the potential pregnancy to them, she hasn't officially said anything to them or any other publication(probably for the reason i stated above.

With this i'm bowing out, i'm way too aware of these peoples lives, unintentionally though.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I can almost care about Paris Hilton popping in and out of jail, because in a sick way it was not only humorous, but also a nice commentary on our culture. But I find it much harder to care about Paris' blander, shorter, poorer. even dumber friend, and whether or not she's willing to create a life she can ignore for the rest of hers just to stay out of jail.

Phooey!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2465592;
    Lois!! I read that article about Joel and Spencer Pratt(le), too. Spencer's a little wuss.
    I know! He always shoots his mouth off and talks a big game...until he's confronted. Then it's, "Oh, I never said that," "I never meant that," I was misquoted!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2466195;
    I know! He always shoots his mouth off and talks a big game...until he's confronted. Then it's, "Oh, I never said that," "I never meant that," I was misquoted!"
    What's even sadder is Joel Madden isn't much to be afraid of.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2465601;
    According to the article, she's four months along. And her court date is not scheduled in the immediate future, which means she'd be further along. Not to mention the liability risks the county assumes if she's pregnant in their care ... which also takes into account that the pregnancy could be / should be categorized as high risk simply because shes ... well, Nicole.
    She's 4 months along and she's been together with the baby-daddy for 6 months? Hmmm... I know, I know, we're talking Hollywood time here, but even still, two months into a relationship seems awfully rushed to go getting pregnant.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2466692;
    She's 4 months along and she's been together with the baby-daddy for 6 months? Hmmm... I know, I know, we're talking Hollywood time here, but even still, two months into a relationship seems awfully rushed to go getting pregnant.
    My guess is that if this pregnancy wasn't intentional, it's because a lot of people are reckless when they have sex. The, "I won't get pregnant!" syndrome. They either don't use birth control or don't use them consistently or rely on old wives tales to NOT get pregnant. The sad thing is it's so easy to get pregnant at that age (mid 20's) and so difficult to get pregnant at mine (39). But hey, life's not fair right? I do hope that this baby is born healthy.

I will say that I feel badly for any female celebrity trying to hide her pregnancy until the second trimester (when she's less likely to miscarry or lose the baby). These days, you can't really keep it quiet 'cause someone will out you or photograph you before you're ready to announce it. And if you're slender to begin with (as appears is the law for female celebs), you can't really hide a 10 or 11-week bump without being outed before you're ready to make an announcement.

+ Reply to Thread