+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4586Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2458016;
    OK, I know this is last week's news, but I just watched the Paris Hilton interview and wanted to put in my 2 cents.

When she said she would love to work with MADD (Mothers against Drunk Driving) she said it was because she has served her sentence and has taken the consequences. This reminded me of an ad campaign that is regularly repeated here in Sweden; The worst thing that can happen when driving drunk is not being pulled over by the police was the message accompanied with pictures of people who have gotten hurt, in some way, by drunk driving. She hasn't really grasped that going to jail isn't the worst thing that can happen.

I also found it interesting when she said she's not a big drinker, but I'm sorry 0.8 in alcohol level is quite a lot. Not getting really wasted, but it's not one drink.

Lastly, I always find it very self-disillusional when she says she doesn't take money from her family; she has written books, made CD's, has a TV show, made movies, been a model. It might be true now, that she doesn't need her family's money, but where would she be without it. Does she honestly think that she would have done all those stuff if she was a a "normal" person? As for The Simple Life, the whole premise was two rich girls out of water, so without money, no TV show. Her book is Confessions of an Heiress, again playing on the fact that she has money from the start.

Then I compare her to others born into that world, specifically Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, who was born into wealth, but has made her own career, a career not based on the fact that she was born with wealth. I just saw Ivanka Trump on Project Runway and she presented herself in a totally different way than expected. She was smart and poised, didn't try to grab attention but gave valuable advice. She has gone to college and has worked for other companies before going back to Trump (I had to look that up in Wiki). Even Nicky Hilton presents herself in a more eloquent way than Paris (not that hard, but still).

So, Paris has all the opportunities in the world, but only time will tell what she does with them.

(Long post, I know)

I read the Paris interview in People when I was flying home yesterday. I was not impressed. She kept using all these cliches to claim her life had changed, and she was a new person -- appreciating things and what not. However, everything she said sounded SO superficial as she was attempting to sound like her new better self. She'd talk about the things she really appreciated when she got home -- not blue skies and birds chirping, but soft sheets and thick pillows. She made comments about how she used to love orange, but would never wear it again - used to love PB&J, but would never eat it again.

It was evident that she was trying to come across as a new person who'd be more likable. But to me, the attempt fell even more short because it spotlighted just how out of touch with real life she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2460935;
    I remember reading reports a month or more ago that said Nicole was seen leaving a fertility clinic a few times...which sounded so odd given her young age. I wonder if she used IVF to deliberately get pregnant
    I don't know, Lois, I think she was just seeing the OB-GYN due to already being pregnant. A few pages back (I'm too lazy too go find it), in one of my posts I mentioned the reports of Nicole being pregnant already, and that report has been out for about 2 months now,and she's been seen with the baby bump for almost that amount of time. So those visits were probably just part of the seeing an OB-GYN routine she's had to get into.

I hope daddy Lionel or someone talks some sense into Nicole if she plans to let the pregnancy go full term. If she doesn't stop her drug/alcohol habits immediately, her baby's chances are screwed up even before entering the world. It's already fighting an uphill battle
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2460311;
    It's official. Paris' pal, Nicole Ritchie is indeed pregnant of her boyfriend of "more than 6 months". I quoted the more than 6 months from TV Guide because to me it's absurd that she is pregnant after dating a guy for only 6 months. I know in Hollywood time, you can get married, pregnant and divorced in 6 months, still I find it's awfully early.

I can't believe her ovaries even work with her body weight! What is it with starving people and their ability to have babies. You see pictures of people in 3rd world countries who can't even stand up they are so malnourished but hey have these little malnourished babies with them. How do they even ovulate and then carry to term is beyond me!

Hate to say this, but yep, I'm of the opinion that Nicole getting preggers right about now has a lot to do with trying to keep her rear end out of jail.

Don't think it'll work (especially in light of Paris being ordered back to the slammer), but again, Ms. Ritchie has shown and proven that she ain't exactly the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.

And who knows? The Fates may smile upon her (?).

In any event, I'm really concerned about that poor baby she's carrying.

Oh well . . .

Perhaps Grandpa Lionel's gonna wind up "raising" a grandchild.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2461302;
    I don't know, Lois, I think she was just seeing the OB-GYN due to already being pregnant. A few pages back (I'm too lazy too go find it), in one of my posts I mentioned the reports of Nicole being pregnant already, and that report has been out for about 2 months now,and she's been seen with the baby bump for almost that amount of time. So those visits were probably just part of the seeing an OB-GYN routine she's had to get into.
    She's actually known about her upcoming potential jail sentence for longer than two months, so it isn't inconceivable that this is a deliberate ruse to try to get out of serving a jail sentence. A second DUI conviction carries a minimum 5 day jail sentence in Cali. When did she get the wrong way Vicodin/marijuana stop... January or February?

I hope daddy Lionel or someone talks some sense into Nicole if she plans to let the pregnancy go full term. If she doesn't stop her drug/alcohol habits immediately, her baby's chances are screwed up even before entering the world. It's already fighting an uphill battle
    Daddy Lionel's already admitted to having absolutely no control over Nicole when it comes to her health issues. Hopefully Nicole herself realizes that she needs to now grow up and be a more responsible adult.

I can't help but think of Hilary Duff... she gets dumped by Joel Madden and he immediately gets his rebound chick pregnant? He always seemed like a very level-headed, responsible guy. What a tool...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

In contrast, Hillary has been sporting a very healthy, sporty body and career. I don't think she's wasting time thinking about that one.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm sorry 0.8 in alcohol level is quite a lot

It is the legal limit in Massachusetts and this state now makes people get breathalizers (spelling off sorry)

So, not sure where you think that is a lot of alcohol.

I do think she should have spent some time in jail. She'll probably think twice about drinking and driving (I sure hope so with all that money get a damn driver)

And yeah, a pregnancy will not keep someone out of jail. Worse, she could lose her child.

$$$$ happens. Maybe she was really small and gained weight off the drugs. Does anyone believe some people have a problem with being too thin because this society is so into it?

She is a teenie girl. I don't get the attacks.

FORT Fogey

I read the Us magazine article today about Nicole's pregnancy, and they made a good point about her possible jail time. They said that while pregnancy would not keep her out of jail, it could very well delay her having to serve. If she's pregnant in jail, the the county would have to pay some or all of the costs for her pre-natal care. Given that she's got the resources to pay for perfectly adequate pre-natal care herself, it's very likely that the judge would make the fiscal decision for the county to suspend her sentence until she's given birth so that the county doesn't have to pay for it. Honestly, I think that would be even bigger punishment for her -- imagine having to leave a brand new baby for a period of time to serve a jail sentence. To me, that would be far more difficult emotionally then serving time while pregnant.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2465576;
    I read the Us magazine article today about Nicole's pregnancy
    Veruka, I knew that Broadway shares my penchant for trashy rags...I didn't realize you did, too! I read that article, too. Then I read somewhere else that Joel Madden got into Spencer Pratt's face for calling Nicole a skinny b$&*# in an article. (Spencer is the grosso brillopad boyfriend of "Heidi" from MTV's "The Hills.") Spencer was backpedaling saying that he never said it and that he had been misquoted. Uh...computer says...no... (A line from "Little Britain" that seems appropos!)

Meh. She's possibly around 3 months along at this point... not too much prenatal care involved. And she's only scheduled to serve a minimum of 5 days (less for good behavior.)

Lois!! I read that article about Joel and Spencer Pratt(le), too. Spencer's a little wuss.

+ Reply to Thread