+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4602Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2458476;
    Except her level was actually .08, not .8. .8 could actually kill someone.
    My bad, we count in per thousand in Sweden, 10 times the number of the pro cent. I was thinking 0.8 pro thousand (which would be 0.08 in pro cent) when I wrote it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2458259;
    Sounds like you have some great kids, kat. My brother and his family live in one of the wealthier suburbs around here and can afford to buy their two oldest kids their own cars. But the two kids share a car and paid for it themselves. They also have jobs, help their church with the needy, have to babysit their younger sister, and pay for their own insurance and gas. When a car dinged their car, my brother and sister in law had them (the kids) call the insurance company and deal with it--to teach them how to deal with life. Now obviously, my brother and sister in law were always around to supervise if the kids needed help or had a question about what to ask the insurance company... But when they go off to college, they will know how to pay their own bills, budget their expenses etc.

I read that Paris was saying that being strip searched in prison was the most humiliating experience for her. Um, no, only a few people saw that. I'd be more humiliated by that SEX tape that she willingly agreed to (the taping of it anyhow) and that was seen by thousands or millions (I have no idea why anyone would want to see that tape but whatever).

I don't think that all kids are geared for college and perhaps that wouldn't have been best for Paris. But her parents should've encouraged her to DO something with her life other than going to parties and getting her picture taken. I don't think she's particularly attractive, but at least she's got youth on her side now. What is she supposed to do for a living when she's 45 or 50 and no one wants her to come to their parties anymore? Or if they were going to enable her lifestyle, they should've taught her that sharing her good fortune with those less fortunate is probably the best gift she could offer. And I don't mean showing up at a food bank once a year to serve Thanksgiving turkey. But actually donating some money to help a village get clean water, putting some money into a local orphanage so kids have a nice home to grow up in ('cause let's face it, a lot of older kids will never be adopted), setting up a trust or scholarship fund for needy children who'd like to pursue higher education...

Even if for no other reason than to get good publicity, I'd do this. It boggles my mind that Paris lives in her own little world where no one else matters...and certainly not those unhawt poor people!
    I agree with you 100% but Paris didn't even graduate from High School (even though she claims to have a GED- where is the certificate? She can posed infront of the cameras with it) Anyway, college is not an option for her nor any vocational training school. The only skills she seems to have is laying on her back (you get the drift).

It's official. Paris' pal, Nicole Ritchie is indeed pregnant of her boyfriend of "more than 6 months". I quoted the more than 6 months from TV Guide because to me it's absurd that she is pregnant after dating a guy for only 6 months. I know in Hollywood time, you can get married, pregnant and divorced in 6 months, still I find it's awfully early.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, Nicole has, proudly, not shown herself to be too very bright since we've been watching her, has she? It's just more of the same but, unfortunately, now she's bringing an innocent baby into the picture.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-04-2007 at 05:40 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Desperate to get out of jail, i see.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm pretty stunned that she is even able to get pregnant. It's hard to believe with her being so extremely skinny, and having such poor eating habits that she had enough of a cycle.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2460693;
    I'm pretty stunned that she is even able to get pregnant. It's hard to believe with her being so extremely skinny, and having such poor eating habits that she had enough of a cycle.
    Same here...When Courteney Cox from "Friends" was trying to get pregnant, she said her doctor had her gain a little weight (about 5 more pounds at least) and stop working out excessively 'cause she was so thin (and she was Hollywood Thin, but not skeletal like Nicole is).

I remember reading reports a month or more ago that said Nicole was seen leaving a fertility clinic a few times...which sounded so odd given her young age. I wonder if she used IVF to deliberately get pregnant, hoping it'd help keep her out of jail. I know it sounds crazy and far fetched... But hey, this is Nicole we're talking about!

I hadn't remembered those trips till you mentioned them. It does sound like she was trying to conceive then. Perhaps for the very reason of avoiding jail. Who knows what she would or wouldn't do.

I just hope if she is that she does what's safe and healthy for the baby.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Many jails that house women have plans for women who are pregnant. They receive medical care and go to the hospital to deliver the baby then return to jail (without the baby) to complete their sentence.

at least they would feed her properly (food tube anyone?) and maybe improve the chances for both of them.

+ Reply to Thread