+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5194Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2455817;
    Would really like to see the Anderson Cooper show that aired after Larry King's interview. Does anyone know if it will be shown again or if it's on You Tube?

It's on You Tube. I watched it this morning. I'd almost transcribe it if it wasn't 10 minutes long.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2455878;
    I buy People magazine every week. Every single week. Mostly for the celeb stories but I also like the human interest stories and the movie/book reviews as well. I went to buy it this week and decided to pass. Paris' ugly mug takes up the whole damn cover. No thanks.
    I saw that cover in the grocery store. I did read the part that said Prince William and Kate Middleton may be back together. I could care less what Paris has to say. Actions will speak much louder than any words she has to share now.

CCL

Considering Paris took off to vacation in Maui on Thursday...I'd say the vaunted charity work is not going to be taking place any time soon.

I've read about Prince William and Kate Middleton getting back together. She always seemed like a nice woman so that would be good news (if it was true).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

The say that Kate will be with William at the Concert for Princess Diana on July 1st. I like that both William and Harry have/are dating "commoners."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2455915;
    It's on You Tube. I watched it this morning. I'd almost transcribe it if it wasn't 10 minutes long.
    Star, there are actually five or six parts on You Tube; they must have spent a whole hour on the post-King interview discussion. IIRC, the 10 minute segment is the first one. In a subsequent segment you can see Cooper getting really close to saying that he too came from a privileged life but at least has tried to do something positive with it. He doesn't get quite that pointedly self-referential, but you can tell that's what he's getting at. There's also another segment where he interviews King on the Paris interview. I made it through most segments, but gave up when they got to the LA Sheriff topic.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2455878;
    I buy People magazine every week. Every single week. Mostly for the celeb stories but I also like the human interest stories and the movie/book reviews as well. I went to buy it this week and decided to pass. Paris' ugly mug takes up the whole damn cover. No thanks.
    I saw that, too. Ick!

I actually get US magazine instead of People 'cause I have no interest in the human interest stories. Aren't I mean? I just want to see the pictures and get my celeb fix and be done with the rag (usually in 30 minutes).

Kat, I miss the "I have issues" avatar! But this one is awfully sweet as well!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2455991;
    Star, there are actually five or six parts on You Tube; they must have spent a whole hour on the post-King interview discussion. IIRC, the 10 minute segment is the first one. In a subsequent segment you can see Cooper getting really close to saying that he too came from a privileged life but at least has tried to do something positive with it. He doesn't get quite that pointedly self-referential, but you can tell that's what he's getting at. There's also another segment where he interviews King on the Paris interview. I made it through most segments, but gave up when they got to the LA Sheriff topic.
    Yes, Anderson's entire hour was devoted to Paris Hilton. The majority of it is comments regarding King's 'interview' with her, there's a solid 20 minutes of that, and the rest of it goes back and forth to it, with even an after-show 5 minutes with Larry King who talks about his impressions of his 'interview' with Hilton. There's also segments that tries to show some of Paris' background, businesses, 'career', etc., as Anderson tried to explore it because as he said "I don't get it, what has she ever done that makes her known?", so he tried to figure it out. But the whole hour was a Paris hour.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

She's known for being known. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2455991;
    In a subsequent segment you can see Cooper getting really close to saying that he too came from a privileged life but at least has tried to do something positive with it. He doesn't get quite that pointedly self-referential, but you can tell that's what he's getting at.
    He doesn't have to say it. One of his guests says it for him. The quote was something like, "maybe Paris can learn from other examples, like you". That's not exact, but its in the neighborhood. Of course Cooper doesn't really acknowledge the comment, or mention his own Richie Rich upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2455929;
    The say that Kate will be with William at the Concert for Princess Diana on July 1st. I like that both William and Harry have/are dating "commoners."
    Yeah. Its always been odd that Diana was so heralded as The People's Princess, when she was in fact Lady Diana Spencer, daughter of John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer. Decendent of King Charles II four times over (go look at her Wiki page for details) and various other Kingly and Queenly persons.

Her mother was an aristocrat too--the Honourable Frances Burke Roche before her marriage. With some American relatives, but a whole bunch of blue blood as well.

Not that English royalty being involved with commoners is brand new, Edward VIII being the obvious one. Then again, he abdicated to do that.
    Last edited by Krom; 06-30-2007 at 03:58 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Not that English royalty being involved with commoners is brand new, Edward VIII being the obvious one. Then again, he abdicated to do that.
    David (as he was known to his family) and Wallis were a couple well before he became king. As long as he was the heir, his family could choose to ignore the fact that he was involved with a married woman. A married woman who had already been divorced once, and whose current husband knew about the affair and accepted it. Maybe it's a status symbol if your wife's boyfriend is the heir to throne! After he became king, his family expected him to find a suitable wife, which he refused to do. He insisted on marrying Wallis, who had divorced Mr. Simpson by then. There was no way the royal family would accept a divorced woman - TWICE divorced! -- AND a (gasp!) American! -- as queen. And the rest as they say, is history. Kate may not be a blueblood, but she's an English girl from a wealthy (but not titled) family, so if Wills decides he wants to marry her, there may be less resistance from his family than there would have been in the past.

+ Reply to Thread