+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627671175171017 ... LastLast
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Newbie
    Did anyone see Jessica Simpson's new video? She has really lost her mind...wait has she ever had a mind?

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!
    Just saw an article on CNN about Dakota Fanning's scene in a movie she is making "Hound Dog" about a little girl who copes with abuse by inpersonating Elvis. The disturbing part of this is they filmed a violent rape scene with this 12 year old little girl. Makes me sick to think that just to make a movie they are subjecting this baby girl to this crap. i realize that it is just a movie and unfortunately this goes on in real life all to often but makes me wonder what the heck her parents did or didn't say about this.

Dakota Fanning is quite mature and very professional as an actress. However, I do side with you in that this doesn't have to be filmed explicitely; that they can imply much of what happens. Unfortunately, studios go for impact rather than taste most of the time. They want controversy. I won't go and see it.
    --------------
    On another note, with the Christie Brinkley divorce, isn't it just a big coincidence that the teen who allegedly caused the affair and who is suing the husband is an aspiring singer? and probably actress? Oh, and with a previous history of eating disorders which was captured on film. Gee, what good timing for free press. And as they say any press is good press.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snickertink View Post
    Just saw an article on CNN about Dakota Fanning's scene in a movie she is making "Hound Dog" about a little girl who copes with abuse by inpersonating Elvis. ....makes me wonder what the heck her parents did or didn't say about this.
    Here's your answer: her mom thinks it's a good career move.

All shook up over Dakota's 'Hounddog'

Cute-as-a-button child star Dakota Fanning, who turned 12 in February, is venturing into sexually disturbing territory in a movie being filmed in North Carolina.

Fanning's mother, Joy, and her Hollywood agent, Cindy Osbrink, see the movie as a possible Oscar vehicle for the pint-size star. But despite Fanning's status as a bankable actress - whose movies, including last year's "War of the Worlds," have earned more than half a billion dollars since 2001 - the alarming material seems to have scared off potential investors from the under-$5 million indie project.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    It's very shady to be doing this for an oscar but it's the reason why alot of films end up being made imo.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Here's your answer: her mom thinks it's a good career move.
    well that sucks, but to each their own. i guess i just wouldn't/couldn't put my kid through that for anything. Too much of that going on in the real world to have to pretend to go through if for a paycheck. i agree they could suggest it to tell the story but to film it explicitly with a child is pretty scary

CELEBRITY SCOOP -DE-POOP

OILER Jarrett Stoll has admitted to being in a "relationship" with Rachel Hunter. She's 36, he's 24. Did somebody say 'toy boy'? The favourite supermodel Rachel Hunter and the hockey hunk were caught frolicking on a Caribbean beach. Now how in the world did those two get together?

Rachel Hunter used to date Shawn Avery who used to be with the L.A. Kings.

Shawn Avery is now dating Canadian actress Elisha Cuthbert.

Elisha Cuthbert used to date Justin Timberlake's best friend Trayce Ayala.

And Justin Timberlake is STILL dating Cameron Diaz.

ARC! All these movie stars getting DUI's is not setting a great example for their young or old fans. Stupid. Could kill themselves or someone else.
    -------------------
    Attachment 17897
    I just saw that Justin Trudeau (son of ex PM.Trudeau for you non-Canadians) is acting in his first film. He will "bare his buttocks" onscreen with about 20 others as they run into a lake. OH MY! I'd tune in just for that. Too bad Sophie. We'll all get to see! Tee Hee Hee.
    Attachment 17898
    I also heard that Jessica Alba will be coming to town to film part of her new movie with the PENGUINS of West Edmonton Mall! They are building a new pool for them so they can film what they need. Then the B&W film stars will return to their home in the mall. Weeeeeee. I'm excited about the penguins. The men are all excited about Jessica in her bikini. Go figure.
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:05 AM.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Studio head calls Lohan 'unprofessional'

A studio executive scolded Lindsay Lohan in a letter for her behavior on a movie set and doubted her reasons earlier this week when she said she suffered from heat exhaustion.

James G. Robinson, CEO of Morgan Creek Productions, sent the letter dated July 26 to the 20-year-old actress, as well as agents, producers and others involved in the film.

On Tuesday, Lohan's publicist told the syndicated entertainment show "The Insider" that her client was taken to a hospital, where she was treated for overheating and dehydration. Lohan had been filming "Georgia Rule" in 105-degree weather for 12 hours that day, spokeswoman Leslie Sloan Zelnick said.

Robinson, 70, wasn't buying the excuse.

"You and your representatives have told us that your various late arrivals and absences from the set have been the result of illness; today we were told it was 'heat exhaustion.' We are well aware that your ongoing all night heavy partying is the real reason for your so-called 'exhaustion,'" Robinson wrote in the letter posted Friday on TheSmokingGun.com.

The letter was authenticated by a spokesman for Morgan Creek, according to the Web site and the Los Angeles Times.

Phone messages left for Zelnick and Morgan Creek were not immediately returned late Friday.

Lohan plays a troubled teen in "Georgia Rule," which also stars Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman. Robinson said in the letter that Lohan has been frequently late for filming and has been "discourteous, irresponsible and unprofessional."

"You have acted like a spoiled child and in so doing have alienated many of your co-workers and endangered the quality of this picture," Robinson wrote.

The studio executive also said if Lohan does not honor her commitments, the studio will pursue "full monetary damages" and take other necessary action to preserve the studio's financial interests.

The star of "Freaky Friday" and "Herbie: Fully Loaded," Lohan was treated at hospitals twice in January in London for a cut on her leg and in the Miami area for an asthma attack.
    Yahoo News

It's about time someone call these celebrities on their behavior. Being an actor is a job, not just a lifestyle.

I agree rt1ky.

Here's a scan of the entire letter:

+ Reply to Thread