+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2453281;
    I applaud Mika B of Joe Scarborough on MSNBC. She ripped up the lead newstory on Paris Hilton. Enough is enough. In fact she did it twice.
    And yet the cynic in me realizes that she did it on camera (instead of simply pulling the copy beforehand) for a reason.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2452333;
    I think she looks much, much prettier now than she did before. The biggest difference I think is that she doesn't look nearly as PLASTIC as her posed expressions before all seemed so artificial and fakey. Maybe she's acting, but she seems to be expressing a geniune emotion (happiness?) and I'd like her a lot more if she sticks with this rather than odd poses in weird contortions trying to make her feet look not as big and her pout look whatever.
    I'd never go so far as to say she looks pretty, because I think she's very homely both with and without makeup. But I do agree she looks more healthy than I've ever seen her. She also looks quite different without her colored contact lens she always wears (blue or green according to her mood). Her natural brown eyes make her look very different. And in agreement with LG, she's actually walking and standing like a more normal person, not looking like she has a broken back. And egads! She's actually looking straight forward instead of looking back over the shoulder with the broken back pose. I'm so sick of that pose on all those young starlets, celebutantes and entertainment anchors. It's like they all have pop-n-lock joints that snap them into that pose when a camera appears, and it is NOT flattering.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2452995;
    I think Nancy Grace is an abomination. I wonder how she'll be able to keep resurfacing her long lost fiance in the light of a new marriage and new babies. But, who knows, she's milked that for umpteenine years, she'll just blindly keep going (as she has done in the face of superior court reprimands and reversals), I'm sure.

I wish the children well, in fact, the very best.
    She built her entire career on the tragedy of having a fiance murdered. Wanna bet she will have no shame at all in continuing to use that hook.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So did anyone catch the Paris 'interview' on Larry King Live?

So much for not acting dumb anymore. And as Krom already suggested... Larry outdid himself in softball interviews. No remorse, no acceptance that she did this to herself, still maintains she never knew her license had been suspended (of course Larry doesn't ask how that's possible since she was personally advised face-to-face by police twice). Boring hour, boring host, boring guest, no news, no nothing. And the new smarter Paris quote of the night: "I definately don't think the crime fit the punishment".

I like how someone on Showbiz Tonight just put it: "The only thing we found out in the interview is how boring Paris Hilton is and how people have been listening to her far too long for the wrong reasons."

ETA: Oh yeah, I forgot.... Larry King's 'interview' gave us this important world-shattering exclusive news: Paris says she never was addicted to any drugs or alcohol, never even took any drugs in her life, doesn't have a drinking problem.. "I've never really been a big drinker". She just happened to get caught the one or two times in her life that she'd had a couple of drinks.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 06-27-2007 at 11:20 PM.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

If anyone wants to read the transcript of the Larry King 'interview' () with Paris Hilton, you can read it at CNN here: Paris Hilton on Larry King Live

I'd post the whole thing, but it's very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2454193;
    ETA: Oh yeah, I forgot.... Larry King's 'interview' gave us this important world-shattering exclusive news: Paris says she never was addicted to any drugs or alcohol, never even took any drugs in her life, doesn't have a drinking problem.. "I've never really been a big drinker". She just happened to get caught the one or two times in her life that she'd had a couple of drinks.
    I suppose all those pictures of her actually doing drugs must have slipped her mind. Drugs have been known to cause memory loss, right?
    So glad I didn't watch!

I caught the beginning of it, Nem, and quickly got bored. I've read on people.com tonight that, in an interview given after this morning's taping, Larry King isn't overly impressed with her, either. He said something along the lines of there being no remorse, no regrets, no sense of accountability for her actions as she still doesn't think she didn't anything really wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2454213;
    I caught the beginning of it, Nem, and quickly got bored.
    Same here, Broadway So I hit the Record button to look it over later. Took a couple of times putting it on in the background to get it, and still missed parts, but later re-read the transcript and laughing and watching Showbiz Tonight take the 'interview' apart and commenting on the ridiculousness of it all.

But at least we know what the one thing Paris Hilton would change about herself is, so we know she truly has been reflecting on the important things in life:

KING: What don't you like about Paris Hilton? What's a personality trait Paris Hilton would change?

HILTON: Something -- when I get nervous or shy, my voice gets really high. I've been doing that ever since I was a little girl. And that's something I don't like that I do. I like when I talk in my normal voice, but sometimes I go down, and that's something I'm trying to change about myself.
    So see? She truly has become a smarter, wiser, self-reflective Paris. Shame on all of us for thinking she was just self-absorbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2451944;
    She looks almost pretty.
    The best she has ever looked IMO.

FORT Fogey

Did she have notes with her. I was surfing thru, didn't want to watch but how dumb is a person who needs crib notes to discuss her life.

+ Reply to Thread