+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3898Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I think Seacrust will pick up the slack seeing as he already interviewed her this past week. It's the summer you know, the're dumb if they think the target audience is going to be sweating it inside their homes just to watch her moan and whine about how hard it is for her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

The Hilton family has been working hard to shop around the 'privilege' of interviewing Paris after her jail release. I guess this is one of the "I've learned so much from this" experiences Paris has had.. that some people might pay her a lot of money to hear her say "that's hawt" from the comfort of her home again. And some people will pay it, though apparently not how much the Hilton's are asking for. We know that E! paid her for the phone interview with Seacrest, I just haven't heard how much. But whatever it was, was a waste of money.

Associated Press
    ABC Says No to Hilton Interview
    By DAVID BAUDER 06.22.07, 5:42 PM ET

Caught in the whirlwind of bad publicity that often surrounds Paris Hilton, NBC and ABC sought to distance themselves Friday from reports that they were opening their wallets in pursuit of an exclusive interview with the heiress after her release from jail.

ABC News said the Hilton family offered the interview to Barbara Walters, but that Walters and ABC News executive David Sloan turned it down on Friday, said an ABC News executive who said he would discuss the talks only on condition of anonymity.

NBC News, which has said it was interested in speaking to Hilton only if no money were involved, said no interview had been arranged. But the network did not immediately address contradictory media reports about whether it was still pursuing the interview.

The networks and Hilton family appeared anxious to avoid a public backlash over the idea that the wealthy hotel heiress, slated to be released early next week, would profit from her time in jail.

ABC backed off "because the process left us pretty cold," the executive said.

Earlier in the week, ABC News said it believed it had secured the Hilton interview with Walters. The network had agreed to pay the Hilton family up to $100,000 for the use of exclusive video and other material to go with the story. But ABC learned from the Hiltons that it had lost out to an "astronomical" offer from NBC, the executive said.

NBC News denied having an interview lined up with Hilton. "We don't pay for interviews and we'll never pay for interviews," spokeswoman Allison Gollust.

Although it's considered a journalistic sin to pay for interviews, the ban can be sidestepped in many ways for hotly contested ones. One is agreeing to pay for videos and other materials, and another is shifting negotiations to a network's entertainment division, which observes no such prohibitions.

A spokesman for the Hilton family issued a statement Thursday saying they had not requested any payment for an interview or related material. He did not immediately return a call for comment on Friday.

The New York Post, which had first reported ongoing talks over a post-jail interview, headlined a story Friday: "So Crime DOES pay, Paris."

A spokesman for OK! magazine said Hilton's representatives had approached them a few weeks ago to see if they were interested in pictures and an interview when she got out of jail.

"We didn't reciprocate with a bid," said spokesman Brian Strong.

Recently, NBC landed an exclusive interview with Britain's Princes William and Harry, which, conducted by Matt Lauer, aired Monday as an edition of "Dateline NBC." NBC also reportedly paid a fee in the low seven figures for American rights to air a concert next month in honor of their late mother, Diana, to mark the 10th anniversary of her death.

As for CBS News, "we have no interest in the interview," spokeswoman Leigh Farris said.

AP Television Writer Frazier Moore contributed to this report.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i have to admit that i'm anxious to see her not 'act dumb' like she claims she was doing.

yeah, like that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2449680;
    The Hilton family has been working hard to shop around the 'privilege' of interviewing Paris after her jail release.
    Beyond making me angry on principal, it actually shows how stupid the Hiltons are. They pretty much invited bad publicity by insisting on bringing a cash register into things.

And even after people made a big deal of Paris charging big for her post-jail exclusive... again the Hiltons made a mistake. All they had to do was turn around and say that they wanted a million for the interview, but that they'd decided to donate the sum to one of the many charities the Hiltons have supported over the years. That could have turned a P.R. disaster into a coup. Sure, everyone would know they decided that after the fact, but at least it would have showed some grace under fire.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

cnn has been advertising all evening that larry king has landed the coveted 'first interview'. i guess it will air on wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2449832;
    Beyond making me angry on principal, it actually shows how stupid the Hiltons are. They pretty much invited bad publicity by insisting on bringing a cash register into things.

And even after people made a big deal of Paris charging big for her post-jail exclusive... again the Hiltons made a mistake. All they had to do was turn around and say that they wanted a million for the interview, but that they'd decided to donate the sum to one of the many charities the Hiltons have supported over the years. That could have turned a P.R. disaster into a coup. Sure, everyone would know they decided that after the fact, but at least it would have showed some grace under fire.
    See that's what I was thinking too, donate the money to charity. So you are saying that there was an outcry about Paris keeping the money then they decided to give it to charity???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Yep, you were right barefootdyke

Paris

Larry King Lands First Hilton Interview

Sat Jun 23, 7:52 PM ET

Paris Hilton plans to appear on CNN's "Larry King Live" on Wednesday night, a day after she's scheduled to be released from jail, a spokeswoman for King said Saturday. "We do have Paris on Wednesday," said the show's spokeswoman, Bridget Leininger. "She'll do the whole hour."

Hilton spokesman Elliott Mintz didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

CNN's announcement followed competition for the interview between ABC and NBC that ended Friday with both networks saying they were no longer interested. Both networks were embarrassed by reports that they were willing to pay the Hilton family for materials related to an interview. CBS said it has never pursued the interview.

"Larry doesn't pay for interviews or do ground rules," Leininger said. The show will air from 9 to 10 p.m. EDT.

The hotel heiress and reality TV star is serving a 45-day sentence for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. Sheriff's Department officials announced Friday that they expect to release her sometime Tuesday, but declined to be more specific.

Although her sentence was for 45 days, authorities have said all along that with time off for good behavior and because of crowded jail conditions Hilton was likely to serve only 23 days.

If she is released on Tuesday, it will mark the 24th day since she surrendered to jailers following an appearance at the MTV Movie Awards in which she walked the red carpet in a flashy, strapless evening gown.

Hilton's release is expected to unleash a media frenzy, and transportation officials announced Friday that they will temporarily ban parking on several streets in her Hollywood Hills neighborhood beginning on Monday. Neighbors have complained of cars jamming their streets and helicopters flying low overhead every time there is a development in the Hilton case.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

...Both networks were embarrassed by reports that they were willing to pay the Hilton family for materials related to an interview....
    and they should be embarassed!

..."Larry doesn't pay for interviews or do ground rules," Leininger said...
    good for him.

..."Larry doesn't pay for interviews or do ground rules," Leininger said...
    Maybe. But he has been known to play softball for certain people instead of... er... the hardball they might deserve.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

And now for something completely different:

Diaz's bag with Maoist slogan raises ire

AGUAS CALIENTES, Peru (AP) - Actress Cameron Diaz appears to have committed a major fashion faux pas in Peru. The voice of Princess Fiona in the animated ''Shrek'' films may have inadvertently offended Peruvians who suffered decades of violence from a Maoist guerrilla insurgency by touring here Friday with a bag emblazoned with one of Mao Zedong's favorite political slogans.
    While explored the Inca city of Machu Picchu high in Peru's Andes, Diaz wore over her shoulder an olive green messenger bag emblazoned with a red star and the words ''Serve the People'' printed in Chinese on the flap, perhaps Chinese Communist leader Mao's most famous political slogan.

While the bags are marketed as trendy fashion accessories in some world capitals, the phrase has particular resonance in Peru, where the Maoist Shining Path insurgency brought Peru to edge of chaos in the 1980s and early 1990s with a campaign of massacres, assassinations and bombings.

Nearly 70,000 people were killed during the insurgency.

A prominent Peruvian human rights activist said the star of ''There's Something About Mary'' should have been a little more aware of local sensitivities when picking her accessories.

''It alludes to a concept that did so much damage to Peru, that brought about so many victims,'' said Pablo Rojas about the bag's slogan. ''I don't think she should have used that bag where the followers of that ideology'' did so much damage."

link
    Well, I have to admit that no one has ever accused Cameron of being terribly intelligent.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread