+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4958Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2445822;
    Not liking Julia has always been kind of like not appreciating Oprah. Or the Pope. I'm glad to know I'm not alone on one of them! (Hee - I have nothing against the Pope. He just seemed to naturally follow Julia and Oprah as modern day saints )
    I am in the exact same boat as you. I can't stand either of them. I never bought the "America's Sweetheart" image of Julia. But more importantly, a Julia Roberts film makes me cringe. I just never saw the appeal.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2445557;
    Kristy Swanson worked in Chicago for a while (on "Early Edition" with my boyfriend Kyle Chandler ). She was not well liked. I had a friend who was an extra on there and another friend's girlfriend worked behind the scenes there and said everyone loved Kyle (my boyfriend...did I mention he's my boyfriend? ) but thought she was just nasty.
    Kyle Chandler is my boyfriend! We've been together since his Homefront days.
    I can't believe I'm posting again on the whole Kristy Swanson debacle but I couldn't believe the comment I read from her rep. He said that Kristy was an American who had been attacked on foreign soil and he had contacted the FBI. Like they don't have more important things to do.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2446111;
    I can't believe I'm posting again on the whole Kristy Swanson debacle but I couldn't believe the comment I read from her rep. He said that Kristy was an American who had been attacked on foreign soil and he had contacted the FBI. Like they don't have more important things to do.
    Glad to hear it! See what happens when you do things that you know better than to do??? I have no sympathy for her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2445970;
    I am in the exact same boat as you. I can't stand either of them. I never bought the "America's Sweetheart" image of Julia. But more importantly, a Julia Roberts film makes me cringe. I just never saw the appeal.
    Yeah. I always loved the fact that she basically refused to speak to her brother for about a decade. Apparently Eric had a drug problem in the late 80s and early 90s. Julia sided with his soon-to-be ex-wife in a custody battle (that would be over his now famous in her own right daughter, Emma). When Eric got clean he tried to reconcile with her, but she refused to return his phone calls... for about a decade straight. Even if he's a jerk (and reportedly he is), that's pretty darn harsh.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2446277;
    Yeah. I always loved the fact that she basically refused to speak to her brother for about a decade. Apparently Eric had a drug problem in the late 80s and early 90s. Julia sided with his soon-to-be ex-wife in a custody battle (that would be over his now famous in her own right daughter, Emma). When Eric got clean he tried to reconcile with her, but she refused to return his phone calls... for about a decade straight. Even if he's a jerk (and reportedly he is), that's pretty darn harsh.
    I don't really have an opinion about Julia Roberts one way or the other. I can say that watching the hurt a drug addict can bring upon a child is more than enough to make you never want to talk to that person again, much less in a decade, whether they are cleaned up or not.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2446111;
    No, you're wrong! He's my boyfriend.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

CCL and Carla, you must have me mistaken for someone who gives up without a fight! ... OK, we all love Kyle Chandler...he is a cutie. I've mentioned this before, but Mr. Lane looks a lot like him.

::Batting in for Lois:: He's totally hers. Hope that ends it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Leo
    Premium Member

Oh the irony...

ABS-CBN Interactive

Hilton's prosecutor under fire for double standard

LOS ANGELES - The city prosecutor who condemned Paris Hilton's early release from jail as celebrity favoritism is now under fire for a case of special treatment closer to home -- acknowledging his wife was wanted for arrest for nine years.

The disclosure, first reported by the Los Angeles Times on Wednesday, is the latest in a mushrooming scandal that has engulfed City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo, who ran for California attorney general last year but lost.

According to the Times, a warrant for his wife's arrest was issued by a judge in 1998 after she failed to appear in court on charges of driving without insurance on a suspended license in an unregistered car.

Michelle Delgadillo, originally charged under her maiden name, was never detained in the nine intervening years, though the court order for her arrest remained valid until Wednesday.

Hours after the Times story broke, she appeared in court to plead no contest to a misdemeanor charge of driving without a license, and the warrant was canceled.

She was sentenced to 12 months on probation and fined $431, according to a spokesman for Delgadillo's office.

The turn of events was especially embarrassing for Delgadillo because it came two weeks after he publicly chided Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca for releasing Hilton from jail early and placing her under house arrest for unspecified medical problems.

Hilton, the celebrity heiress and star of the reality TV show "The Simple Life," originally was sentenced to 45 days behind bars for driving on a suspended license in violation of her probation in a previous drunken-driving case.

"If law enforcement officials are to enjoy the respect of those we are charged with protecting, we cannot tolerate a two-tiered jail system where the rich and powerful receive special treatment," Delgadillo said at the time.

It was his office that prosecuted Hilton and pressed for a 45-day sentence, which a Times investigation later found was more time than most county inmates serve for similar offenses.

Delgadillo came under increasing fire on Tuesday when, after dodging media inquiries for days, he acknowledged that his wife had been driving his city-owned vehicle on a suspended license when it was damaged in a 2004 accident and later repaired at taxpayer expense.

He also conceded that he drove for more than a year without automobile insurance required of all California drivers and that his wife was uninsured when she left the scene of another 2004 accident involving the couple's personal car.

At a City Hall news conference, Delgadillo called his own behavior a breach of "the public trust." On Wednesday, he and his wife issued statements saying they were "embarrassed" by the latest revelations, and Delgadillo said he had been unaware of his wife's arrest warrant until Wednesday. Reuters

LG.

I destest anyone who believes they are above the law and shouldn't have to pay their fines or comply with their punishments. Let's book Michelle Delgadillo a cell right next to Paris' so they can hang out together. And what is the prosecutor doing driving around with no insurance when it is a legal requirements. And why does a prosecutor have a government vehicle that his wife is driving around for personal use. Gah, what a waste of taxpayer resources, paying the salary and car expenses of this dolt.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread