+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 1163 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526661165161016 ... LastLast
Like Tree5193Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

You gotta luv this guy
    -----------------------------------
    Mr. T Loses Family Jewels
    Attachment 17764
    The bling is not the thing for Mr. T. At least not anymore.

The A-Team alum has gone from pitying the fool to pitying the fool's gold, announcing he has retired the acres of gold chains that were as much a part of his personality as his mohawk and catchphrases.

The larger than life personality made the renouncement during the Television Critics Association summer conference Thursday while promoting his upcoming TV Land self-help series, I Pity The Fool.

Mr. T claimed the devastation he witnessed during Hurricane Katrina made him rethink priorities and, in turn, his wardrobe.

He broached the topic of his makeunder after being questioned on his relatively subdued, tie-donning appearance.

"I won't wear it no more. It's put up," he said. "I stopped wearing the gold as of last year during Katrina. See, as a spiritual man, I felt it would be a sin against my God for me to wear all that gold again because I spent a lot of time with the less fortunate.

"When I saw the people starving and crying and pleading just for water and suffering, losing everything, and I saw some, I call it 'sorry celebrities.' They'll go down there and hook up with the people to take a photo-op. I said, 'How disgusting.'

"If you're not going down there with a check and a hammer and a nail to help the people, don't go down there."

The erstwhile B.A. Baracus said that he wasn't worried about the drastic change in his image.

"No. The gold is in my heart. So people now on my show, they'll see the gold is in my heart. As a matter of fact, I'll be doing so good you will forget about the gold I used to wear."

He also said the transition from tough guy to tender guy--just two of the many adjectives he claims his "T" stands for--wasn't as about-face as it may be perceived.

"I'm always helping people. You guys are just now picking up on that. You're having a hard time because you see me as that tough guy," he said, claiming the Mr. T the public has grown to love is simply his alter ego.

"All superheroes, you know, like Clark Kent, Superman, Batman, Bruce Wayne, you know, so why not Mr. T? I never thought about shaking the image or nothing like this...The only thing, I'm just not wearing the gold."

As if the loss of gold chains wasn't enough for fans to take in, the TV star also said a change of--gasp--hair style may not be far off as well.

"I'm getting kind of old, so the hair is falling out, you know. So I will let nature do its course...even if I go bald, my message will still be the same.

"My message hasn't changed, but my clothes have."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060714/...N5bnN1YmNhdA--
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 03:05 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I've actually been getting PMs about this all day.

My issue with the story is how amateurishly researched the original AP version of the story (here's a link) was--the version linked in missykitty's post obviously has been rewritten from that by someone at E! or Yahoo.

The crappy non-fact checking AP reporter cited his "real name" as Lawrence Tero, not Laurence Tureaud. To not just get ONE of his names spelled wrong, but BOTH? The AP must be employing chimpanzees now. Luckily someone at Yahoo, or maybe E! (who this version seems to be sourced from) must have spotted this idiocy.

As always, T is one of the few people who can get away with using third person (although he only does so rarely these days I think). Maybe he and Howie from Big Brother are it for the list of those who can currently do it and not piss me off.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-15-2006 at 04:11 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Christie Brinkley Split Shocker

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/celebrities/15229/

July 17, 2006

Last week, "The Insider"'s MARC MALKIN broke the news that former supermodel CHRISTIE BRINKLEY is splitting from her husband of nearly 10 years, architect PETER COOK. Now, several news sources are reporting that the couple's breakup may be the result of Cook taking an alleged interest in his 19-year-old assistant, DIANA BIANCHI.

According to published reports, Cook allegedly provided Bianchi with a new car, large sums of money and promises to help her with a singing career.

Bianchi's lawyer, JOSEPH TACOPINA, is reported as saying that the young woman may sue Cook since she has grounds for sexual harassment.

Meanwhile, Brinkley, who reportedly found out about the alleged relationship from Bianchi's stepfather, has packed up her two children and moved them out of town. Her publicist, ELLLIOT MINTZ says: "For me to say that she's not hurt or shocked, that would just be foolish. I can't characterize the degree of pain, but any woman reading this gets it."

It was Mintz who confirmed the news of the split last Tuesday: "Yes, it's true. The couple has separated. Christie's primary interest at this difficult time is for the protection of her children and [she] would be most appreciative if people would be good enough to respect her privacy."

The 52-year-old Brinkley, who played the comely blonde in the '80s comedy 'National Lampoon's Vacation' with CHEVY CHASE, has been married three other times, most notably to "Piano Man" BILLY JOEL, who penned his hit "Uptown Girl" song for her.

The details of Christie Brinkley's hubby's affair get even more sordid. He apparently met her a year or so ago when she was 18 and worked in a toy store in the Hamptons. Apparently he started flirting with her and came in quite frequently. He sweet talked her away from that job with the job as his personal assistant and then that's when he started the year long affair.

Christie found out about it when Diana Bianchi's stepfather confronted her (Christie) and told her to tell her husband to stay away from his daughter. What a miserable way to find out.

Okay, if Christie's husband cheats on her, is there any hope for the rest of us?

They were saying on one of the news reports that the young girl may be filing a sexual harassment suit agains Mr. "Brinkley".

Yikes! I feel bad for Christie. i think she's tried really hard to have a good solid family life. As for her soon-to-be EX, patoooey, I spit on you for what you have done to your wife and children! **insert spit emoticon HERE**

And that Diana girl is 18. She's no dummy. Well, maybe she is. Falling for a married man isn't smart. But suing his butt of just might be!

She was in a relationship with him, i believe willingly. She's got alot of gull for even thinking of suing.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Haley Joel Osment in car crash

I didn't even know he was old enough to drive yet! I hope he's okay.
    ______________________________ _____________________
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Actor in hospital after one-car accident

LA CANADA FLINTRIDGE, California (AP) -- Actor Haley Joel Osment was hospitalized early Thursday after he apparently lost control of his car while heading to his Los Angeles-area home, authorities said.

Osment, who was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as a boy who could see dead people in "The Sixth Sense," was driving a 1995 Saturn about 1 a.m. when the car collided with a brick pillar and flipped, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Greg Sisneros.

The 18-year-old actor was awake and talking following the crash, Sisneros said. He had been alone in the car and was taken to Huntington Hospital in nearby Pasadena.

Sisneros had no information on his condition, and an emergency-room receptionist said no one under that name was at the hospital.

Osment is set to appear in the upcoming "Home of the Giants." In the film, he plays a high school journalist covering a basketball team as it heads toward the state championship.

La Canada Flintridge, a suburb of Los Angeles, is about 14 miles northeast of downtown.

I hope HaleyJoel is ok. I also didn't think he was old enough to have a license.

And what about Pamela Anderson thinking of marrying Kid Rock? Ewwww. He is such a loser. And not even cute or handsome at all, IMO. Ick.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I didn't even know he was old enough to drive yet! I hope he's okay.
    ______________________________ _____________________
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Actor in hospital after one-car accident

LA CANADA FLINTRIDGE, California (AP) -- Actor Haley Joel Osment was hospitalized early Thursday after he apparently lost control of his car while heading to his Los Angeles-area home, authorities said.

Osment, who was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as a boy who could see dead people in "The Sixth Sense," was driving a 1995 Saturn about 1 a.m. when the car collided with a brick pillar and flipped, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Greg Sisneros.

The 18-year-old actor was awake and talking following the crash, Sisneros said. He had been alone in the car and was taken to Huntington Hospital in nearby Pasadena.

Sisneros had no information on his condition, and an emergency-room receptionist said no one under that name was at the hospital.

Osment is set to appear in the upcoming "Home of the Giants." In the film, he plays a high school journalist covering a basketball team as it heads toward the state championship.

La Canada Flintridge, a suburb of Los Angeles, is about 14 miles northeast of downtown.
    Not just old enough to drive, but 18!!!!!!! Wow, time flies.

+ Reply to Thread