+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5272Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Call me a cynic, but I'd venture to guess that as soon as the kids emerged from Diana, they were being whisked away for genetic testing. The monarchy takes the heir to the throne thing fairly seriously. I don't think Queen Mum would just take Diana's word for it, especially when we all know that she thought of Diana as a commoner anyway.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey

Actually, MizDaisy, tmz.com isn't the originator of that rumor. That "accusation" has been around for years and years, even prior to Diana's death.
    Oh, I know the story has been around for many years, I just thought dredging it up again after all these years was a particularly desperate attempt to report "shocking news" on TMZ's part.

Call me a cynic, but I'd venture to guess that as soon as the kids emerged from Diana, they were being whisked away for genetic testing.
    William was born in 1982, Harry in 1984, but DNA typing as we know it was first described by an English geneticist in 1985. However, in 2005 it was reported that after Diana revealed her affair with Hewitt during a 1995 TV interview, the royal family demanded genetic testing be done on Harry, who was 11 at the time, and the results proved Charles was the father. The Hindu : International : Prince Harry took DNA test? Britain's Prince Harry had blood test to prove Charles was father: newspaper

If Hewitt is the father, I really doubt this would be the first time someone of of questionable birth was in a royal family
    During the more than 900 years of the British royal family's existence, there have been plenty of royal bastards and "questionable" births, but not so much since Queen Victoria's era. If anything, there would be less tolerance for any questionable birth being passed off as legitimate since the advent of DNA testing.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 06-16-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2442662;
    If Hewitt is the father, I really doubt this would be the first time someone of of questionable birth was in a royal family.
    Historically, MOST of the English peerage, as well as the monarchy, has been subject to "questionable births".

There's no real genetic continuity attached to any of them anymore. If the Divine Right of Kings exists... its passing down in some other fashion.

That said, in this one case, I think the obvious is true--Charles is the father. By all reports Diana really DID make an effort at a real marriage at that point. That said, even with the existence of Camilla hanging around the periphery all that time, its far more likely that the boys have an illegitimate half-sibling or two out there somewhere. That's FAR more in line with the history of the royal family.
    Last edited by Krom; 06-16-2007 at 06:15 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

There's no real genetic continuity attached to any of them anymore.
    Since the Act of Settlement was passed in 1701, the genetic continuity aspect of the line of succession to the British throne was greatly simplified. It designates that only the direct descendants of Sophia of Hanover, granddaughter of England's James I and the closest Protestant relative to William III, who was childless, may succeed to the throne. More specifically, only Sophia's Protestant heirs who have never been Catholic and never married a Catholic, are eligible for succession. Sophia died before she could become queen, but her son became George I. The Act is still in effect today, which means that if William or Harry married a Catholic, they would forfeit their claim to the succession.

its far more likely that the boys have an illegitimate half-sibling or two out there somewhere. That's FAR more in line with the history of the royal family.
    One British geneticist estimates that as much as 25% of England's population is descended from the Plantagenets (the first royal family).

which means that if William or Harry married a Catholic, they would forfeit their claim to the succession.
    Heaven forbid they married a Jew, or a Muslim, or (gasp!) an Athiest!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Heaven forbid they married a Jew, or a Muslim, or (gasp!) an Athiest!
    The Act of Settlement only forbids Catholics, so technically, William or Harry could marry a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Hari Krishna, or any of the above without forfeiting their claim to the throne.

Remember that England was torn apart by religious wars between Protestants and Catholics from the time Henry VIII established the Church of England, and designated the monarch as its defender so that England's ruler did not recognize the Pope as the defender of the true faith. The Act of Settlement resolved the battling over Protestant or Catholic control of the throne once and for all, which was a good thing at the time since thousands of lives had been lost as one faction fought the other for control during the centuries leading up to the passage of the Act.

Julia Roberts has apparently had her baby today in LA.

I love baby news, but I really hate old fashioned, ugly sounding baby names.

Julia Roberts Welcomes a Baby Boy
    MONDAY JUNE 18, 2007 01:50 PM EDT

Julia Roberts has welcomed her third child, a boy named Henry Daniel Moder.

Henry was born Monday in Los Angeles and weighed 8½ lbs. "The Moder family is doing great," Roberts's rep, Marcy Engelman, tells PEOPLE exclusively.

Roberts, 39, and husband Danny Moder, 38, are already parents to twins Hazel and Phinnaeus, who turned 2 in November.

The actress confirmed in December that she was expecting baby No. 3.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gracious! This is the first I've heard about her even being pregnant! I must have been down for my long winter's nap.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Wow. I didn't know she was pregnant either! But congrats to her! I have always been a big fan of her, both as an actress and as a public figure.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Nicole Ritchie supposedly is pregnant...and not to sound like a bitter old shrew (but here goes anyways...) but if that drugged out, smoking, drinking, anorexic skank can have a healthy baby, then there is no justice in this world.

+ Reply to Thread