+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4538Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2437965;
    I'm sure Paris was spoiled rotten all through her childhood. The fact is, though, she's an adult now - she hasn't been a child for a number of years. A lot of people go through life without having the best of parents. At a certain point you have to take responsibility for your own actions; you can't blame a bad (or indulgent) childhood forever. She should have grown up a long time ago.
    This is exactly how I feel about it, also. This is why I can't excuse a Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Nick Hilton (not Nikki), or anyone else who people hand the Get Out of Personal Responsibility Free card.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2438502;
    I used to watch this show. I even had one of his books of experiments.

Yahoo
    I adored Mr Wizzard. I tried and tried and tried to cut a banana without peeling it the way he taught me to do, but I never got it to work. But I didn't blame him -- I blamed the bananas for not being the right level of ripeness. RIP Mr Wizzard.

I think it's the parents' job to teach their children how to be mature, responsible adults. It starts at birth and hopefully, by the time they are grown, most of what you have tried to teach them has sunken in. I honestly don't think The Hiltons even bothered. Paris is a mess and from what I've read, Nicki, while not exactly a wild child, is well known for not being very nice. I've never met her, but from I've heard, she is very uppity and and thinks she is better than most people. There have been articles about how she treats waiters and other service people. Anyhoo....I also believe that once you are an adult, the choices you make are yours to own.

I was raised in an alcoholic home. I'm the baby by 9 years and my mother, when I was 14, told me how she was going to abort me until my sister found out she was pregnant and brought home a baby gift. Mom chickened out. It was something I NEVER needed to know. My mother didn't teach me any of lifes important lessons or values. Luckily, I had a couple of great influences in my life growing up and they took the time to teach me right from wrong. Now, as an adult...I could have easily turned out like my mother and blamed it all on her. I decided early on I didn't want to live that way. I also refuse to put my children through what I went through.

So, you can blame the parent to an extent, but eventually, you have to own up to your own mistakes. As an adult, Paris should know right from wrong. I think this might be a valuable lesson for her. IF she chooses to let it.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2439051;
    There have been articles about how she treats waiters and other service people.
    I firmly believe that how someone treats service people is a good indication of what kind of person they can be. In fact, I think its a great way to judge a potential mate. IF you take them out to dinner and they flip out on a waiter over something that's not that big of a deal, then run far, far away. Otherwise it will be you that they are flipping out on one day.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

LG.

I agree, SG. Anyone who treats service professionals like dirt really thinks that they are more important than other people. And while Nikki Hilton is no Paris, she had a "ooops, it's over" marriage a couple years back - not exactly a paragon of maturity and stability.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Good example, LG. Rumor had it at the time that the only reason she married Todd whatshisname is so that it would get her in the press a la Paris.

I want to make it clear that my post upthread is in NO WAY excusing Paris for her ridiculous lack of responsiblity for her behavior. Yes, she's an adult, and as such, is solely responsible for the mess she's in now. I was trying to point out that we parents do our kids no favors by not teaching them that their actions bring on real consequences. BUT I am not excusing Paris, Lohan or Spears for their adult decisions. They deserve whatever they get, as they bring it on themselves.

Katgib, you are a prime example of overcoming a bad situation, then realizing only you can create a better future for yourself.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2439595;
    Katgib, you are a prime example of overcoming a bad situation, then realizing only you can create a better future for yourself.

Awww, thank you! Believe me when I tell you that I made many, many mistakes, including a horrible first marriage among other things before I realized I wasn't doing myself any favors. I've even been arrested...for fighting when I was 20...not one of my proud moments. I was pretty wild in my youth. Now, I'm Suzy Homemaker. Truth is...I'm much happier now at 33 than I ever was in my teens or early 20's. I love being domesticated! You know...except for that cleaning thing. I could do without having to dust, mop...etc... Anyway, I decided that wasn't how I wanted my life to go. So I made changes and here I am. I'm not perfect. I'm not Mother Of The Year, either, but I try to hard!
    Last edited by katgib13; 06-13-2007 at 10:23 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Feel proud! You Deserve It!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

It looks like Paris is back at Lynwood.

Paris Leaves Medical Ward, Heads Back to Lynwood

TMZ has confirmed that Paris Hilton has left the medical ward at Twin Towers jail in downtown Los Angeles and has gone back to Century Regional Detention Center in Lynwood to serve out the rest of her sentence -- eventually in the same cell she started out in.

Sources tell TMZ that Hilton has been doing much better with the proper meds, and we're told that there has been pressure on the Sheriff's Department to move her back to the Lynwood jail when the medical facility was no longer necessary.

What remains to be seen is if the medicines Hilton was taking will continue to be administered properly.

A rep for the L.A. County Sheriff tells TMZ that Paris was taken from the correctional treatment center at Twin Towers "late last night" and was transported back to Lynwood. The last time she did time at Lynwood, she was in a solitary cell in a special needs unit.

The Sheriff's Department has scheduled a press conference for 8:00 am PDT. TMZ has learned that the news conference at 8:00 am will last all of 30 seconds and won't address any further issues.

UPDATE: A Sheriff's rep tells TMZ that Paris will be in the medical clinic at Lynwood until they are sure she is stable. After that, Paris will move to the same cell she was in before she left the facility.
    TMZ.com

+ Reply to Thread