+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5271Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Doesnt that seem to happen a lot with these celebrity kids? One is completely wild and lost while the other seems to be grounded?

Paris and Nicky
    Britany and Jaimie Lynn

I'm sure there are others but my mind refuses to give up their names at the moment (and how did I get sucked back into the Hilton saga? LOL)

He's finally free for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dermot Mulroney has filed for divorce from his wife, actress Catherine Keener, according to papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Mulroney cites "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce. According to court papers, filed June 8 and released Monday, the couple separated in May 2005.

The couple, who wed in 1990, have a 7-year-old son, Clyde Keener Mulroney. In the documents Mulroney requests joint legal and physical custody of their son, and for property rights to be determined by the courts.

Keener has been nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar twice, in 2000 for Being John Malkovich, and in 2006 for her role as Haper Lee in Capote. She also starred in the comedy hit, The 40-Year-Old Virgin.

Mulroney stars in the new movie Georgia Rule with Lindsay Lohan, and has also appeared in My Best Friend's Wedding, Must Love Dogs, and with Keener in 2001's Lovely and Amazing.

I must also say that I was shocked to see all of the attention devoted to the amount of time I would spend in jail for what I had done by the media, public and city officials. I would hope going forward that the public and the media will focus on more important things, like the men and women serving our country in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places around the world."
    What's so hilarious about the Paris Hilton "statement" above is that the PR agent did such a BAD job sounding like her. Its too well written, too formal (no contractions), and most of all its a sentiment every single person in the world knows she'd never express. She's the very definition of a "fame whore", and it stretches everything beyond reason to believe she'd wonder why people were focusing on her--its what she's always cultivated and in fact expected. And the shout out to the troops is even richer. Her only use for soldiers and sailors is... well... I won't go there.

For her to allegedly URGE people to pay more attention to the war than herself is the funniest part of all. That's a statement that some Mirror-Mirror universe Paris would make. Not the real one.

In order for me to believe this, she would have to show that she actually has enough intelligence to "act dumb".
    Oh, I actually DO think she's got a fairly normal IQ (not HIGH... NORMAL). Its just subsumed in so much selfishness, privilege, booze, sex and drugs that a lot of her behavior has been defined by that rather than a pure lack of intelligence. And a little jail stay isn't going to change that enough that I think we will see a "brand new Paris" when she gets out. She will still have too much of everything, incredibly bad parents (was she ever denied anything in her life until now?), and worst of all, "friends" who will always challenge and shape her reactions towards excess and the extremes.
    Last edited by Krom; 06-11-2007 at 11:35 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Yeah Jamie Lee!!! Paris' mom will certainly hear what she said. She's probably under the delusion that she plays no part in what is going on with Paris --- hell, she probably barely even acknowledges Paris's part. But, hearing what Jamie Lee says will help change that and probably other celebs will start to kick in with their 2 cents.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2436947;
    Wow Broadway....thanks for posting that. Jamie Lee Curtis is onto something there. I don't want to be friends with my children. I don't want to listen to rap music and wear my pants around my knees... I hope the friendship comes later...when my boys are adults with wives and children of their own. Right now...they need authority. They need guidance. Something I think a lot of parents forget. They want their children to like them. I want my kids to have a healthy fear of me...lol. Not where they crouch and cover their heads when I get near, but if they do something wrong..they'll know there will be not-so-fun consequences. I also want them to know when they do something right..they will receive praise. I also refuse to pay their insurance on their car. They want to drive...they can get a job and pay for that privilage. We could afford it, but I want them to learn the value of a dollar. I want them to learn to be self-sufficient. Maybe my approach is all wrong, but it's working with boys.
    Sounds like you and I have parenting beliefs, exactly along the same lines! Just like I've always believed that, "No," can be a very loving word, I also believe that some fear can be a very good thing. I've never allowed my son to talk to me just 'any old way', nor have I allowed their friends to refer to me by my first name...like they do their friends. If they've had to be reminded that they are not my equal, then so be it...it has never stopped them from wanting to come around my house, and hang out. I've heard some of my son's acquaintances tell him, "Your mom is mean!" And my response to him was, "And they would do well to remember that!" I guess I got my style from my mother, and later, we became very good friends and truly enjoyed each other's company....which was good, since she died at age 57. ...but I never forgot who was the boss, always giving her due respect.

I just hope Kathy and Rick Hilton are accepting their role in their daughter's pathetic behavior, but it sounds like they are still excusing it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Broadway, thanks for posting the Jamie Lee level-headed comments, and I agree that it is a complete disservice to our children to spoil them rotten and make them feel entitled to a certain standard of living. The world is not going to kowtow to their every whim, so there's no sense in raising them with those expectations. We certainly don't need to be cruel, but there's nothing wrong in warning them that life can be 'unfair' at times, and that they need to learn how to deal with disappointments, or how to compromise in difficult situations, as well as deal with disgruntled people. It's much easier for our children to learn they need to be responsible for their actions when they're young, than to have to learn those life lessons when they're older and the repercussions are more severe. Also, if you challenge yourself in life, you're most likely going to experience more failures than successes. Everyone loves to win, but it's important to learn how to handle losing, too, and to not give up trying. It's no wonder these Hollywood kids have such difficulty in life - all they ever hear is "yes" until they get older and find themselves in the adult world around ordinary people who aren't impressed with their lack of life skills.
    Last edited by roseskid; 06-12-2007 at 02:05 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

CCL

I'm sure Paris was spoiled rotten all through her childhood. The fact is, though, she's an adult now - she hasn't been a child for a number of years. A lot of people go through life without having the best of parents. At a certain point you have to take responsibility for your own actions; you can't blame a bad (or indulgent) childhood forever. She should have grown up a long time ago.

I had no idea that Dermot Mulroney and Catherine Keener were seperated. That's too bad. I always thought they were such a cool couple.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2437965;
    I had no idea that Dermot Mulroney and Catherine Keener were seperated. That's too bad. I always thought they were such a cool couple.
    They separated not too long after Brad and Jen split up. Because the two couples had been close friends, there was some speculation early on that something was going on between Jen and Dermot. However, Jen and Catherine Keener remained close friends, and Jen hooked up with Vince Vaughn, and that pretty much killed the Jen/Dermot rumors.

And now he's mine... all mine. I'm pulling out The Wedding Date in celebration tonight so I can partake in all of the beauty in all four of his dimples.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2437183;
    It wasn't cute in the first place.
    I was shocked to learn that Paris and I are about the same age. She acts (acted) like a slutty 14 year old. The ones who go on Maury Povich and have to visit a real jail to straighten up.

+ Reply to Thread