+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5063Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Add a mandated 2 days in jail to that general 1st timer California DUI sentence mentioned by Blues Songstres. I believe that is a state-wide standard.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i find this rather amusing coming from someone who can barely utter anything more than "that's hot". you know it was her attorney that wrote and released this so-called statement from paris, hoping that it smooths out her image a bit.

Paris Won't Appeal
    Posted Jun 9th 2007 8:24PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton has issued the following statement:

"Today I told my attorneys not to appeal the judge's decision. While I greatly appreciate the Sheriff's concern for my health and welfare, after meeting with doctors I intend to serve my time as ordered by the judge.

This is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. During the past several days, I have had a lot of time to reflect and have already learned a bitter, but important lesson from this experience.

As I have said before, I hope others will learn from my mistake. I have also had time to read the mail from my fans. I very much appreciate all of their good wishes and hope they will keep their letters coming.

I must also say that I was shocked to see all of the attention devoted to the amount of time I would spend in jail for what I had done by the media, public and city officials. I would hope going forward that the public and the media will focus on more important things, like the men and women serving our country in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places around the world."

Paris Won't Appeal - TMZ.com

i still bet she'll be out of jail again next week.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2435474;
    i find this rather amusing coming from someone who can barely utter anything more than "that's hot". you know it was her attorney that wrote and released this so-called statement from paris, hoping that it smooths out her image a bit.

i still bet she'll be out of jail again next week.
    More likely her publicist wrote it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

She's thinking about salvaging her celebrity.

For some reason, i'm bugged by Bindi's dancing.

eta: I also don't believe for a second that Paris is the one making statements through her publicist. I think whatever his name is is really just running his mouth himself(i'm recalling a funny picture of him). I think she'll milk the publicity for all it's worth when she gets out. And the 'serious' news channels will be there to help her along.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Seriously, a statement like that isn't going to redeem her in my eyes and she really doesn't have much a career to salvage in the first place. What has she done up to this point besides partying, releasing sex tapes, and appearing on the Simple Life? Its not like she's going to jail for years, its freaking 45 days and during those 45 days, we'll still hear about Paris. She'll come out of jail wiht yet another little freak show chapter and milk it for what its worth. She's a famewhore and she's getting what she wants, publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2435474;
    Her attorney didn't write it, her PR person did. I worked as a Publicity & Media Agent for 22 years, and this is exactly what was a standard part of my job. By definition of the job, my clients were all public persons who appeared in the media regularly, including many celebrities in tv and film. The reason they have us on retainer is so they don't have to write statements like these themselves.

We wrote the "personal statements" released to the media, just as we wrote all their speaches for public appearances. When they're scheduled for print interviews, we prep them with answers to the most probable questions they'll be asked, and we give them their talking points and best answers for sensitive questions. As for the statements such as the one issued above, the way it's attributed to the celeb is that we write them, submit a copy to them or their agent or manager, then release it under their name. Usually, we don't even have to be called by them and told they need a public statement, since part of our job was to keep informed of anything happening regarding that client, and if we see something brewing that we know will require a statement, we jump on it without having to be asked. With the less involved or less um... intelligent... of our clients, we often act almost independently of their awareness, because so many don't want to be bothered with it, they just trust us to do our jobs and they may or may not even be aware of what they were supposed to have said, they just let us release it under their name without them ever having read it. So in that sense, in a way, some of them have their public perceptions molded by us if they don't stay involved, because the better they look to the publicl, the more we got paid. The problem with that is that you can write great statements, give them a really nice public persona, and then ... bang, they open their own mouths in public and completely destroy the illusion created. Once they start talking without a publicist's words, you can tell if they're really that person. I feel sorry for Paris Hilton's publicist, no matter what he does, the minute she opens her mouth, it's all over, you can see how ignorant she really is.

Paris didn't write that statement, that's a statement loaded with standard PR talk.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 06-10-2007 at 07:45 AM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Paris weeping and sobbing about going back to jail... start feeling a little sorry for her... imagine weeping and sobbing in response to a loved one being killed by a drunken Paris behind the wheel - nope. Don't feel sorry for her at all.
    Count your blessings!

That's a good way to put it into perspective Gutmutter. Paris may one day be shelling out a big cash award to a victim or their family if she continues to act like the law doesn't apply to her (if she decides to drive while under the influence again). I really hope if anything she's learned her lesson about that.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2435669;
    Her attorney didn't write it, her PR person did. I worked as a Publicity & Media Agent for 22 years, and this is exactly what was a standard part of my job...(snip) The problem with that is that you can write great statements, give them a really nice public persona, and then ... bang, they open their own mouths in public and completely destroy the illusion created. Once they start talking without a publicist's words, you can tell if they're really that person.
    hahahahaha, thanks for the clarification! another person that comes to mind when you describe this is good ol' george w.

+ Reply to Thread