+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2433805;
    I don't believe most normal DUI offenders get a month to prepare to go to jail. I don't believe most normal DUI offenders get their own private cell. I don't believe most DUI offenders get books provided to them in said solitary cell, as has been reported that Paris had on Tuesday and Wednesday. Poor little Paris was treated so harshly in comparison to normal human beings.
    In my step-daughter's situation, she WAS allowed to report to jail at a later date. I don't remember now, though, if she had as much as a month to report.

Am I the only one tired of talking about Paris Freaking Hilton? No? Dang.

Anyways... what do you guys think about Bindi Irwin and the push to make her take her daddy's place? Is this the right place to talk about that since she is on TV?

Is Bindi Irwin under too much pressure?

Bindi Irwin was brought up in a zoo surrounded by wildlife and amazing creatures so it's only natural she should want to become a wildlife warrior but some concerned members of society and a psychologist are concerned that at 8 years of age she cannot handle the workload. I myself think that Terri Irwin her mother is the best judge of what Bindi is capable of and I don't want to see her enthusiasm dampened. She is used to working in front of cameras so it isn't really that much pressure. She is taking a break now before resuming filming on her television show 'Jungle Girl' but is this enough? Should she be left alone by the media for a decade until she is old enough to decide by herself or would obstructing her dream in this fashion actually be bullying her?
    The above was posted as part of a discussion at Yahoo. What do you think? (Is it ok to do this? If not.. a million apologies to the mods and please delete! Just trying to move onto something other than Paris)

Jungle Girl was in production before her dad's death. I think Terri is a good judge of her child and won't let her get in too deep.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

With Bindi, it's no different than any other child actress, as far as the work load is concerned. Terry seems like a level headed woman and I'm sure she is extra cautious with her kids now after what happened to their dad. As long as Bindi is happy, I don't see the harm. Besides, it's a way to keep her dads memory alive.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

It seems Bindi is genuinely interested in the work. I don't think this falls in the 'parents pushing the child to live out their dreams' category. If this is what she wants, and she's given a proper education along with the job, I see no reason not to let the girl pursue her dream.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

See to me she always looks so happy, you know? Considering everything that little girl has gone thru she really comes off as if she just loves animals and loves what she is doing. I also agree that her mother seems to be very level headed and doesn't strike me as the type to push her daughter into anything she doesn't want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2435369;
    It seems Bindi is genuinely interested in the work. I don't think this falls in the 'parents pushing the child to live out their dreams' category. If this is what she wants, and she's given a proper education along with the job, I see no reason not to let the girl pursue her dream.
    I agree. She seems to be quite mature for her age and always gives me the impression this is what she wants to do. And Terri seems like a very good mom. I believe that if at anytime she thought Bindi was taking on too much she'd take protective measures.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2435351;
    Jungle Girl was in production before her dad's death. I think Terri is a good judge of her child and won't let her get in too deep.
    She has also been doing shows or segments on his show since she could pretty much walk and talk I love the idea of her following in his footsteps. The closest thing they have to a 'family business' she grew up in it and its a huge part oF her life.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2434337;
    Personally, I think probation was the wrong sentence in the first place and she should have served jail time for the original DUI offense. I mean it's not like she has to go to work to provide for a family and so must be able to drive. Putting her in jail for 30 days in the first place, followed by community service and probation would have been fair.

C'mon -- most of us would be thrown up against the car and hauled off and thrown in a "tank" with a bunch of other drunks. Why not Paris ?
    Honestly, in California, the standard sentence for a first offense DUI is a $1500.00 (or thereabouts) fine, driver's license suspension, drug and alcohol awareness classes, AA meetings & probation. You will get hauled into jail at the time of the arrest, but that is usually for a few hours. And your car will be impounded.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2435130;
    Oh, I didn't say she deserved to be a role model! But unfortunately, plenty of young girls look up to her and think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread (and with that little chestnut, I date myself!). She's the poster child of the new American mantra, style over substance.
    yeah, all you gotta do is watch a few minutes of mtv's "super sweet 16" show. i stumbled across it as i was flipping through the channels and was HORRIFIED that kids act like that these days!

+ Reply to Thread