+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4658Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2434751;
    Did Paris Hilton ever bother to graduate from high school, or even get her GED?
    as listed on IMDB.com

"Briefly attended the Canterbury School, a boarding school in Connecticut, during her junior year. She then transfered to the Dwight School in New York City before dropping out a few months later and getting a GED"
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2434689;
    I am happy that she went back to jail but only because I feel that the judicial system should treat all equally regardless of their social or monetary status. My happiness has nothing to do with it being Paris Hilton but rather with the fact that a member of the celebrity sect that seems to rise above the laws at times was held to the same standards as any other citizen.
    Yeah, this about sums up how I feel. She knowingly screwed up and now she has to pay the price. And money can't seem to buy her way out of this one. If she's going to do time and learn anything from it, it has to be in jail. With that pad, house arrest is a joke. I don't see how living out a prison sentence in a large, plush home is constructive. Admittedly, my first thought upon hearing that she may have had some sort of rash was to question whether the thread count on the prison issue sheets was high enough for her..

The coverage of it, though, is so intense that it borders on sickening. There are many, many tvs scattered throughout my workplace, half of which are usually tuned to CNN and half to MSNBC (unless there's a sporting event-- then they're switched!). Well, checking them at various points throughout the day, I thought for a second that the CNN tvs were showing an E! feed-- the coverage was that intense. In fact, between this and Anna Nicole, I half expect to hear of a CNN-E! merger any day now. If she's going to man up and serve her sentence, at least give her the privacy that any person serving time would be afforded. But ethics obviously isn't a concern for CNN.

Leo
    Premium Member

The circus that surrounds this is amazing. Now, if only the resources spent on the whole affair from the media, the sheriff, the prosecutor, the judge, and whoever else is involved had been spent on stuff that matters. Does Los Angeles have such a low crime problem that they can afford to spend this much attention on a simple DUI/probation violation? I don't think so.

Am I glad Paris is back in jail, Yes. Personally, I feel she has gotten away with several minor things and she getting punished for the times she got away with it. Do I think she should be in jail. Yes, because she violated her parole not once but twice and those violations were noted in a public forum. The news and she had to be punished. If she had not been caught violating her parole she would not be in the situation she is in.

Then I hear she was put on psychotropic drugs 5 months ago due to the stress of the DUI. Huh, I don't think she gives a sh*t about the DUI. This entire issue of having a mental problem that remains undisclosed sounds like a story to me. I aslo do not like the way the press is now trying to sway the public to feeling sorry for poor little Paris.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2434669;
    I've read on a couple of other places that she was having withdrawal symptoms from a prescription drug and also had a case of stress related hives. Don't know how true that is but it does make sense.
    I've seen a ton of "what was the Sheriff thinking/I blame him" posts. But I think its obvious what he was thinking. "I don´t want to get my ass sued off by Rick Hilton after his daughter crashes / comes down hard from her drugs in prison."

The Sherriff was either covering his ass, was paid off, or both.

Paris of course is hip deep in all of this. A liitle whining to Daddy is no doubt all it took.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2434770;
    The circus that surrounds this is amazing. Now, if only the resources spent on the whole affair from the media, the sheriff, the prosecutor, the judge, and whoever else is involved had been spent on stuff that matters. Does Los Angeles have such a low crime problem that they can afford to spend this much attention on a simple DUI/probation violation? I don't think so.
    Not only that, Leo ... but this Paris story has has taken over the news and things like the tragic murder of Kelsey Smith are already all but forgotten.

I also still maintain that this circus is mostly the Sheriff's fault. And someone up-thread said the Judge was not concerned about Ms. Hilton's Medical condition and didn't want to hear about it ... but that's not correct. The fact is, when asked for an opinion prior to Paris' release, the Judge re-affirmed the sentence but told the Sheriff to send the medical records to him for consideration and the Sheriff promised to do that, but didn't bother. During the hearing today, the judge was looking at his watch every 20-30 minutes and saying "The Medical records haven't arrived yet."

The biggest mistake the Judge made was not just giving her jail time for the original offense ... the DUI ... right from the beginning. Her original fine/probation sentence was plenty fair - but she just got too many chances. Sorry, but even though Paris is in some way the victim of the Sheriff's stupid arrogance ... she can't and should not win this battle. She is not a girl ... not a child. She is 26 years old and reportedly is a smart business woman. The fact that she says she "didn't know" the terms of her probation and that her license was suspended, just proves she didn't think it was all that important, had no remorse, and didn't think these things applied to her anyway.

She belongs right where she is.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

The local new anchors suggest that when Paris is released in 45 days we all pretend like we didn't notice she was gone.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2434775;
    This entire issue of having a mental problem that remains undisclosed sounds like a story to me.
    She's got a bigger and more real mental problem that's been disclosed to the world for many years. It's called narcissism, and she could be a poster child for it. And that's one of the roots of why she's so disliked all over the world. You can cut a little slack for some people, some celebrities, if they at least seem to have a redeeming quality or two, or sometimes even if they only pretend to have some. But a true narcissist like Paris Hilton makes people want to see her brought down several notches. And when she declares herself "an American princess", "too beautiful for jail", the person "all girls want to be like me", and on and on and on, she just puts on a self-built pedestal that begs to be knocked out from under her. Narcissists with full access to the media should never ever be surprised when a flood of hate and/or Bronx cheers comes their way. And they certainly shouldn't be surprised to learn they've become nothing but a big joke.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2434812;
    ... reportedly is a smart business woman. The fact that she says she "didn't know" the terms of her probation and that her license was suspended....
    And this is but one of the many things that's such a joke about her. She and Mama Hilton try so hard to convince the world that she's a smart businesswoman, and yet the first thing she does when called to accounts by the court is hide behind the dumb blonde routine of "I didn't know what I was signing".

ETA: UncleDavid, I love that idea!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2434812;
    And someone up-thread said the Judge was not concerned about Ms. Hilton's Medical condition and didn't want to hear about it ... but that's not correct. The fact is, when asked for an opinion prior to Paris' release, the Judge re-affirmed the sentence but told the Sheriff to send the medical records to him for consideration and the Sheriff promised to do that, but didn't bother. During the hearing today, the judge was looking at his watch every 20-30 minutes and saying "The Medical records haven't arrived yet."
    It wasn't that he wasn't "concerned" about her medical condition --- that's not what was stated in the earlier post. Rather, he wanted the judicial procedure to be followed for releasing someone due to a medical condition. He did want a private meeting concerning Paris' medical condition --- he wanted those medical records and since he didn't get them he considered her medical condition irrelevant with regards to whether she would be returned to prison or not.

+ Reply to Thread