+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6186Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000;2434639;
    She's back in jail and most of us are happy about it --- including me!
    Hmm, I have to point out that this isn't quite true here in the FoRT posts about this. Although a few have expressed happiness that she's back in jail, the majority of us haven't gone that far as to be "happy" about it. Some disagree that she should have been returned to jail, and others (such as myself) have made a point of stating that while we may not have any sympathy for Paris, we're not "happy" about today's events either. Not having sympathy for her isn't the same thing as being happy about what's happened, and that's a very important point to remember.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2434664;
    Hmm, I have to point out that this isn't quite true here in the FoRT posts about this. Although a few have expressed happiness that she's back in jail, the majority of us haven't gone that far as to be "happy" about it. Some disagree that she should have been returned to jail, and others (such as myself) have made a point of stating that while we may not have any sympathy for Paris, we're not "happy" about today's events either. Not having sympathy for her isn't the same thing as being happy about what's happened, and that's a very important point to remember.
    I agree Nemesis. I should have said "not sympathic" for the others, but happy for myself. And, I'm mainly happy because of the message it sends --- not because of Paris' misery... but I'm happy about that also.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2434642;
    I'm still really left wondering about this medical condition to which they are referring. It has to be something significant in order for the Sheriff to have considered it necessary to allow her out of jail. But the judge didn't find it sufficient enough an excuse to not put her back in jail, so
    I've read on a couple of other places that she was having withdrawal symptoms from a prescription drug and also had a case of stress related hives. Don't know how true that is but it does make sense.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Well I'm happy, because the message her transfer home sent was a slap in the face to the justice system. Am I gloating happy?...no. Am I pleased?...damn straight. By feeling pleased that Ms. Hilton will do her time, I'm in no way endorsing or condoning suffering. I don't like to see people suffer either, but I'm reserving my sympathies for those that truly need it and deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2434669;
    I've read on a couple of other places that she was having withdrawal symptoms from a prescription drug and also had a case of stress related hives. Don't know how true that is but it does make sense.
    That would make sense.

ENews is also just reporting that apparently a family friend says that Paris suffers from claustrophobia. Yet another condition that makes sense.

But again.. it doesn't excuse the fact that Paris could have avoided it all by not acting like she was above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2434669;
    I've read that it was claustrophobic related. That she suffers from it and the small cell made her freak out. Either way, I am sure there are others in prison with similar issues and they were not released early.

I am happy that she went back to jail but only because I feel that the judicial system should treat all equally regardless of their social or monetary status. My happiness has nothing to do with it being Paris Hilton but rather with the fact that a member of the celebrity sect that seems to rise above the laws at times was held to the same standards as any other citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2434687;
    ENews is also just reporting that apparently a family friend says that Paris suffers from claustrophobia. Yet another condition that makes sense.
    I was reading that earlier also, Broadway. But that's one excuse I'm not buying for one second, and I think the proof of that is well documented on tv. For instance in her unreality show The Simple Life, they spent one full season living in that little camper trailer they towed around behind them. And another season traveling in a Greyhound bus. And there are many other instances she puts herself in where a true claustrophobic wouldn't put themselves in or where it would have made news before today.

I'll grant an iota of the possibility that she may have a very slight case of claustrophobia, but if she truly had it, the season of camper living and the season of Greyhound bus traveling wouldn't have happened.

Nope, not buying that.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2434571;
    The crazed emotional response to being put back in the pokey for probably less than a month leads me to believe that she's on some sort of hard drug that she's in heavy withdrawal over. If that's the case, she's better off where she is so she can dry out.

Another interesting thing was her screaming for her mom as she was being led off. It definitely indicated to me that mommy has gotten her out of many debacles in the past and had probably promised to do so again. Whether it was fair in the grand scheme of things or not, I think it will be good for Paris.

Which actually leads me to another point. In my mind, a judge is to apply the law fairly and as equally as possible. However, I think that they should also take into account what is the best solution for the individual in front of them. In family court, for example, you might see two cases that seem very similar on the surface, yet the judge is shrewd enough to know what would be the better solution for the individual cases. For juvenile defenders, a judge might sentence one to community service and another to detention, simply because he can tell from their attitudes which would be better served by what sentence. So although the law is adhered to, it has never been applied exactly the same way for every situation.

Sad is it is.. to me that is the most normal thing shes done this whole time. Its natural in a way.. when any offspring of any animal is hurting (which ever way) they want their mother. This was a natural reaction.. I didnt see it as the she will get me outta this mess sorta thing. It made her appear more real to me.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did Paris Hilton ever bother to graduate from high school, or even get her GED?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kao

I'm one of those horrible people laughing about this, because it's one huge circus. Glad she's back in jail, glad she's doing the whole amount of time. They tried to work a fast one and lost. Oops!

Anyone else hear anything about a massive herpes outbreak due to stress being part of the reason why she was put on house arrest.

+ Reply to Thread