+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4597Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2434554;
    Huge is relative. How big is a huge fine to a multimillionaire with even richer parents? She can't be fined millions for a traffic offense. The best punishment is one that is memorable, and I think Paris will remember losing a month of freedom more than she would remember the loss of pocket change.

Poor girl How was she to know that reality was so real?
    Everything you say is true. But it is costing taxpayers money to keep her there. Me personally, I don't see her as a threat to the public. I really don't think she will ever drive drunk again. (and she blew the lowest you can blow and get arrested in CA. by the way) And every day she (a non-violent offender) stays in jail, the taxpayers of CA are paying to keep her in jail. If I have to pay for the lowlifes of the world, let it be to keep the Jeffrey Dahmer's of the world miserable for the rest of their lives. Not dimwitted socialites who had the stupidity to drive under suspension.
    Go Tigers!

The crazed emotional response to being put back in the pokey for probably less than a month leads me to believe that she's on some sort of hard drug that she's in heavy withdrawal over. If that's the case, she's better off where she is so she can dry out.

Another interesting thing was her screaming for her mom as she was being led off. It definitely indicated to me that mommy has gotten her out of many debacles in the past and had probably promised to do so again. Whether it was fair in the grand scheme of things or not, I think it will be good for Paris.

Which actually leads me to another point. In my mind, a judge is to apply the law fairly and as equally as possible. However, I think that they should also take into account what is the best solution for the individual in front of them. In family court, for example, you might see two cases that seem very similar on the surface, yet the judge is shrewd enough to know what would be the better solution for the individual cases. For juvenile defenders, a judge might sentence one to community service and another to detention, simply because he can tell from their attitudes which would be better served by what sentence. So although the law is adhered to, it has never been applied exactly the same way for every situation.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy;2434563;
    But it is costing taxpayers money to keep her there. Me personally, I don't see her as a threat to the public. I really don't think she will ever drive drunk again. (and she blew the lowest you can blow and get arrested in CA. by the way) And every day she (a non-violent offender) stays in jail, the taxpayers of CA are paying to keep her in jail. If I have to pay for the lowlifes of the world, let it be to keep the Jeffrey Dahmer's of the world miserable for the rest of their lives. Not dimwitted socialites who had the stupidity to drive under suspension.
    It's costing the taxpayers to punish her in any way, shape, or form, including house arrest with electronic equipment. That doesn't mean she shouldn't be punished.

Is she a threat to the public? I don't see why not. She defied a DUI, a suspended license, and has shown squadoosh to me that she wouldn't just do so over and over again. And that is a threat to the public.

Jeffrey Dahlmer is long dead. Let's hope the next innocent pedestrian or other driver that Paris runs across doesn't become the same.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2434554;
    Huge is relative. How big is a huge fine to a multimillionaire with even richer parents? She can't be fined millions for a traffic offense. The best punishment is one that is memorable, and I think Paris will remember losing a month of freedom more than she would remember the loss of pocket change.

Poor girl How was she to know that reality was so real?
    I totally agree. Paying a huge fine would be nothing for Paris and her family. Just a drop in the bucket. For the average Joe those fines hurt the wallet. Not for the Hiltons. That wouldn't disuade her. Not a bit.

Stargazer, your post is very introspective on many levels. But as a victim of a judge in Family Court, I have little respect for most "judges". I receive a mere $380 a month in child support for my two teenage sons, while the second wife receives $600 a month for one kid.

My point is , life or judicial mandates rarely are fair. I truly wish that all human beings were treated fairly regardless of status, race or financial stability. I should be shouting for joy that an heiress is being thrown under the bus, but I'm feeling for the chick.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy;2434585;
    Stargazer, your post is very introspective on many levels. But as a victim of a judge in Family Court, I have little respect for most "judges". I receive a mere $380 a month in child support for my two teenage sons, while the second wife receives $600 a month for one kid.
    You bring up an interesting point that makes me want to clarify a portion of my own post. I said a judge "would be" shrewd enough and I should have said that "hopefully" they are shrewd enough to decide what is best for each individual case. Unfortunately, just as there are parents who make bad decisions for their children, sometimes judges make bad decisions as well. I'm sort of on the fence about this judge and whether he applied the law in a "fair" way. Even though I feel somewhat sorry for Paris that she's being forced to face up to life for possibly the first time, I do tend to think that the judge was doing what was best for her as an individual standing in front of him. He saw that she had little regard for the laws of the state and little respect for the court. I don't think he was harsh with her because she was Paris. I think he was harsh with her because he was trying to get through to a little girl that has always gotten her way and didn't care if that meant breaking the law. I actually think he's trying to do what's best for her.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

You are right. She disregarded her sentence. Period. I am certain that she expected leniency. And she had a rude awakening. I stand by my comment that an example is being made of her, but if I paid taxes in CA, I would be outraged at my money going to pay for her stay in the pokey. Right now I am thinking of the parents of Kelsey Smith who are burying their child due to the unobservant state who were entrusted with the care of that piece of crap who killed their daughter.
    Last edited by snoopy; 06-08-2007 at 09:34 PM.
    Go Tigers!

I just had to post the picture of her in the police car.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy;2434563;
    Everything you say is true. But it is costing taxpayers money to keep her there. Me personally, I don't see her as a threat to the public. I really don't think she will ever drive drunk again. (and she blew the lowest you can blow and get arrested in CA. by the way) And every day she (a non-violent offender) stays in jail, the taxpayers of CA are paying to keep her in jail. If I have to pay for the lowlifes of the world, let it be to keep the Jeffrey Dahmer's of the world miserable for the rest of their lives. Not dimwitted socialites who had the stupidity to drive under suspension.
    Won't drink again, there were vans to her house setting up for a party this evening. On thursday, someone came to her house to give her a tan. House arrest was a joke to her. And maybe, the judge did make an example out of her. But millions of girls look up to Paris and if she got away with this- others girls would delusionally think they could do the same with horrific results.

There a millions of non violent offenders in jail for instance locked up for drugs such as marijuana that weren't driving a vechile. And for all the times Paris was caught by the cops, there are plenty of pictures and videos of her driving her car from local nightspots.

I think the judge wasn't so much trying to make an example of Paris but was upset with the attitude she had in court including her mother spouting off at the judge during the hearing in which she was original sentence. Paris thought and behaved (coming to court 15mins late) and her mother's antics agitated the judge. If, my family and I did that, yes the judge would of thrown the book at me.

She thought she was above the law, she violated the laws continously, disrespected the court and still people believe she was treated unfairly. If jane doe did everything she did in this case that person would have been treated worse.
    Last edited by phoenix1964; 06-08-2007 at 09:42 PM.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Not only are there 40 Angelenos who would be more than happy to pick up one of the $100.00 a day tabs to ensure Ms. Hilton face her own music, there's over 40,000, with open wallet in hand. Easily.

+ Reply to Thread