+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4954Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Ahhh thanks for clearing that up, all the reports I have seen on TV had it where the judge let her go.

Yeah, she got plenty of chances, more so than the average (IE not filthy rich) person would have gotten.

Thanks for the time line. No excuse (not that ignorance of the law is an excuse) considering she had the document in her glove box! She could have hired a driver or something.

I'm pretty sure this isn't her first DUI. Several years ago, she got one, if I remember correctly.

I imagine her emotional anguish while in jail was more due to drug withdrawal than actually being in jail.

Just a reminder too, regarding her violation of the terms of her probation. Specifically, she was stopped twice by police since her DL was suspended in January. Yes, she was caught driving twice by police. But as anyone who ever watches any entertainment news or reads it online knows, she has been driving many many many times -- probably almost daily -- since then. She was only caught by police twice, but cameras and videos caught her a whole lot more times. It even extends to her unreality show... on The Simple Life 5 shot not so long ago, in the first episode she's seen driving.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Oh for Christ's sake, Paris - it is 23 days, not 10 years. Suck it up!

All of these shenanigans remind me of Martha Stewart. While I was never a fan of hers, I was incredibly impressed with the dignity with which she accepted her punishment and served her time. Wasn't it for a few years? Paris could take a lesson or two from her. I don't think going 23 days without a manicure ever killed anyone.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2434423;
    Oh for Christ's sake, Paris - it is 23 days, not 10 years. Suck it up!

All of these shenanigans remind me of Martha Stewart. While I was never a fan of hers, I was incredibly impressed with the dignity with which she accepted her punishment and served her time. Wasn't it for a few years? Paris could take a lesson or two from her. I don't think going 23 days without a manicure ever killed anyone.
    While you make excellent points.......I think you went too far talking about going without a manicure for 23 days! I'd have to be on a ventilator to survive that!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I also thought of Martha Stewart and how well she handled her jail time. She made the most of it and turned it around into something positive which while I'm not a fan of hers I did admire her for that.

Oh so that was the undisclosed medical condition! LackOfManicureItis! LOL

I saw on a talk show recently (forget which one) that her on again BFF Nicole may also be facing jail time.

WOW all that hard core evidence that she has violated her probation over and over and nothing happened to her till now?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2434376;
    For anyone interested in the timeline of what brought us to this zoo today:

And for the record, she also never enrolled or attended any alcohol education program as she was ordered to do (see Jan. 22 above). Yet another violation of her terms of probation.

On a related note... I wonder what the driver of the taxi that Paris peed in in Hawaii is thinking about all this?

Where as the time line DOES show the events it fails to mention one thing, that Paris felt was her most important piece of defense..

She has said that she did sign the papers that informed her of her license being suspended.. however she claimed she had NO IDEA what she was signing.. thus leading her to fire Elliot... this so she again claimed, was a common practice. Not to forget the fact that Pairs also said Elliot told her she was allowed to drive for work related things.

Now I am no fan of this piece of work by any stretch.. all her claims of not knowing etc.. makes her sound like more of an air head than anything else.

I have no problem with her being in jail.. she should have had 3 or more days for her first DUI.. but I can't help finding fault in our justice system that allowed this circus.. shame on them! Its being said now Paris Hilton's grandfather gave Sheriff Lee Baca the maximum amount of campaign contribution, $1,000, last year. Interesitng....

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2434431;
    I also thought of Martha Stewart and how well she handled her jail time. She made the most of it and turned it around into something positive which while I'm not a fan of hers I did admire her for that.

Oh so that was the undisclosed medical condition! LackOfManicureItis! LOL

I saw on a talk show recently (forget which one) that her on again BFF Nicole may also be facing jail time.

WOW all that hard core evidence that she has violated her probation over and over and nothing happened to her till now?
    Martha may been a freaky fruit loop in her own right... but in public, shes pretty classy most, not all, but most of the time. Paris is no where near her league.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Was reading E Online because I read that they had a scoop on her condition and couldn't find it but I did find this.

Superior Court spokesman Alan Parachini said that Sauer had been consulted on Wednesday about the decision to reassign Hilton to house arrest, and he "reaffirmed the terms of the sentence" ordering that she remain locked up.

Parachini said the judge could not comment on the sheriff's decision to release Hilton from his custody.

"The way the system works is that the court imposes the sentence and the sheriff incarcerates," Parachini said. "The sheriff makes decisions concerning the conditions of confinement and early release. Early release is an everyday occurrence."
    Sauer is the judge who sentenced her, Parachini is a Superior Court spokesman.

SOURCE

And I thought I was up on the judicial system, guess not, I didn't know the sheriff could make decisions over the judge. Also factor in the campaign contribution... very interesting.

FORT Fogey

Well the LA jail system is under federal review for over crowding. Therefore the Sheriff does have lattitude in releasing non offending prisioners. But the judge specifically placed in his court order no ankle bracelets. So if the Sheriff wanted to place Paris on house arrest he needed to petition the court for them to ammend their order. Which the Sheriff didn't. On top of it the wing where Paris was housed was not overcrowded since she had the cell to herself.

I think the Sheriff just wanted to get rid of her because of her whining sobbing fit and constant complaining which the guards were constantly being called down to handle. As for her nervous breakdown, I think it has more to do with her never being discipline than mental issues.

I know someone who was arrested for DUI. One night in jail for that plus a suspended license. Shortly thereafter, she got pulled for running a stopsign. One night in jail for driving under suspension. Three months later, she got pulled for speeding. The second arrest for DUS is a MANDATORY 90 day jail sentence. (In SC anyway.) But guess what? She spent ONE night in jail. $2,500 to an attorney solved that little problem for her.

She did not escape unscathed, however. She had her license suspended for 5 years under the "Habitual Offender" law. But, since she was just Flo Schmo, not Paris Hilton, no one knows or cares that she didn't actually "do time" for her trespasses.

Paris should have had to pay a hefty fine and had her license suspended until further notice. We all know now that this was not the case.

The "men"(and I use that term loosely) involved in her persecution-- I mean prosecution- are all in possesion of overinflated egos who have a perverse desire to see their own names in the press at any cost. They are a group of contentious weenies who will one day implode from their own egomaniacal desire to be all powerful "heros". Meanwhile people like me see them for what they are...... A bunch of posturing control freaks whose personal agendas reign supreme and to hell with what is right.
    Last edited by snoopy; 06-08-2007 at 07:40 PM.
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread